Thread: 2000 Intense Blue RC- Project "Might As Well"

Threaded View

Status

Default 2000 Intense Blue RC- Project "Might As Well"

Most of you know that I bought a 2000 IB RC back in Feb. Truck was very clean, 183k miles, repainted by previous owner, trans rebuilt 35k ago, blah blah blah.
    I bought it sight unseen, flew out from Houston and ended up in New Orleans to pick it up. I am very fortunate that I have trusted friends (a la Team Brokecoast) that were nice enough to give the truck a once over and secure it for me until I could get out there.

Truck was a true survivor truck, no mods except a Flowmaster and 3" mandrel bent tailpipe.
    We slapped on new wheel bearings, pads and rotors, and a M1 2bbl I had acquired and the next morning I drove it all the way back to South Texas.

Originally the plan was just to put a good exhaust on it, a TB, and my M1 Flash, and drive it.
    But, I decided to up the ante....

I had issues with getting inspected as the Flowmaster was rotted out, so we ripped out the whole exhaust and put in Spintech mids, 1 piece port plates, and I had a custom set of 3"mandrel bent downpipes into a stainless steel Y pipe made, that went into a 3" single Borla XR1, into a 3.5" rolled tip. It sounds fantastic for a stock longblock 360. VERY loud, but zero drone whatsoever.

I was given a K&N FIPK sans filter, and a Brian Whiteley 52mm TB. Bought a big universal K&N, and rocked it.

I started having problems with the transmission that would have required dropping the trans and disassembly to properly fix/diag, so I picked up a local 46re that had already been rebuilt w/ shift kit and a 2800 stall , and had Gilbert Blair go through it and add additional clutches and work the valve body some.

The factory e-fan was AWOL and the clutch fan started having issues keeping up in the Texas heat, so I enlisted Steven Zeal to make one of his one-off fan shrouds with a new SPAL curved blade fan. This is the first one he's made for the trucks in about 15 years.

Then I scored a killer deal on a D1SC intercooled Procharger kit. 3.6" Pulley
    Bought 60 lb SD injectors, a 58mm F&B TB, Airgap 4bbl manifold, an Extreme Velocity airhat,

Since everyone keeps asking me how much I'm spending, here is how far I am into it....
    Truck:3800.00
    M1 2bbl: 450.00
    Full exhaust, parts and labor: 1200.00
    K&N, 1.7 rockers, 52mm TB: -370.00 (sold TB and 1.7s for profit, K&N later)
    F&B 58mm TB: 400.00
    Airgap: 450.00
    D1SC Procharger: 3100.00
    60 lb SD injectors: 275.00
    EV airhat: 185.00
    Built 46re w/converter: 200.00
    Steven Zeal fan shroud: 370.00 shipped (bartered for parts)
    Bogart's with front runners: 1200.00
    ---------------------------------------
    Grand Total: ~10900 when you factor in that i wont be keeping both intake manifolds)

The goal is to see what a run-of-the-mill 360 with the right parts will make. I drive this truck most days, and am fortunate enough that I don't need or rely on it every day.
    I am pretty tired of hearing "Magnums are sooooo expensive to build" or "Magnums don't make power", so I am putting this together to show what can be done with largely off-the-shelf parts, nothing fancy.
    My initial cost is pretty steep, but all of the parts involved , minus the longblock and a fuel system, will support 600+ whp.

First pic next to the lowered CC RT is just prior to me picking it up earlier this year. The white truck is a SBE 360, 727, heads/cam, ran 11.46@119 iirc on a shakedown nitrous pass. 2nd pic is as it sits as of yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FlyinRyan; 10-26-2017 at 04:26 PM.
    RYAN/TUNED

Got questions?!? Get the answers ->>> http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...estions-thread
    For fastest response please text or email at ryan@frptuning.com ,please no PM's!!!