+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2000 Intense Blue RC- Project "Might As Well"

Status

Default 2000 Intense Blue RC- Project "Might As Well"

Most of you know that I bought a 2000 IB RC back in Feb. Truck was very clean, 183k miles, repainted by previous owner, trans rebuilt 35k ago, blah blah blah.
    I bought it sight unseen, flew out from Houston and ended up in New Orleans to pick it up. I am very fortunate that I have trusted friends (a la Team Brokecoast) that were nice enough to give the truck a once over and secure it for me until I could get out there.

Truck was a true survivor truck, no mods except a Flowmaster and 3" mandrel bent tailpipe.
    We slapped on new wheel bearings, pads and rotors, and a M1 2bbl I had acquired and the next morning I drove it all the way back to South Texas.

Originally the plan was just to put a good exhaust on it, a TB, and my M1 Flash, and drive it.
    But, I decided to up the ante....

I had issues with getting inspected as the Flowmaster was rotted out, so we ripped out the whole exhaust and put in Spintech mids, 1 piece port plates, and I had a custom set of 3"mandrel bent downpipes into a stainless steel Y pipe made, that went into a 3" single Borla XR1, into a 3.5" rolled tip. It sounds fantastic for a stock longblock 360. VERY loud, but zero drone whatsoever.

I was given a K&N FIPK sans filter, and a Brian Whiteley 52mm TB. Bought a big universal K&N, and rocked it.

I started having problems with the transmission that would have required dropping the trans and disassembly to properly fix/diag, so I picked up a local 46re that had already been rebuilt w/ shift kit and a 2800 stall , and had Gilbert Blair go through it and add additional clutches and work the valve body some.

The factory e-fan was AWOL and the clutch fan started having issues keeping up in the Texas heat, so I enlisted Steven Zeal to make one of his one-off fan shrouds with a new SPAL curved blade fan. This is the first one he's made for the trucks in about 15 years.

Then I scored a killer deal on a D1SC intercooled Procharger kit. 3.6" Pulley
    Bought 60 lb SD injectors, a 58mm F&B TB, Airgap 4bbl manifold, an Extreme Velocity airhat,

Since everyone keeps asking me how much I'm spending, here is how far I am into it....
    Truck:3800.00
    M1 2bbl: 450.00
    Full exhaust, parts and labor: 1200.00
    K&N, 1.7 rockers, 52mm TB: -370.00 (sold TB and 1.7s for profit, K&N later)
    F&B 58mm TB: 400.00
    Airgap: 450.00
    D1SC Procharger: 3100.00
    60 lb SD injectors: 275.00
    EV airhat: 185.00
    Built 46re w/converter: 200.00
    Steven Zeal fan shroud: 370.00 shipped (bartered for parts)
    Bogart's with front runners: 1200.00
    ---------------------------------------
    Grand Total: ~10900 when you factor in that i wont be keeping both intake manifolds)

The goal is to see what a run-of-the-mill 360 with the right parts will make. I drive this truck most days, and am fortunate enough that I don't need or rely on it every day.
    I am pretty tired of hearing "Magnums are sooooo expensive to build" or "Magnums don't make power", so I am putting this together to show what can be done with largely off-the-shelf parts, nothing fancy.
    My initial cost is pretty steep, but all of the parts involved , minus the longblock and a fuel system, will support 600+ whp.

First pic next to the lowered CC RT is just prior to me picking it up earlier this year. The white truck is a SBE 360, 727, heads/cam, ran 11.46@119 iirc on a shakedown nitrous pass. 2nd pic is as it sits as of yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FlyinRyan; 10-26-2017 at 04:26 PM.
    RYAN/TUNED

Got questions?!? Get the answers ->>> http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...estions-thread
    For fastest response please text or email at ryan@frptuning.com ,please no PM's!!!

Status

July 2017 Update.

Got the new trans in. Feels great.
    Converter is supposed to be a "Mopar Performance 2800" , originally from SoCal Dakota, for whatever reason it flashes to 3000+. Feels great under load, keeps the truck where it's happy.
    Steven Zeal sent me the fan shroud w/ fan.
    Awaiting shipment of the Procharger and all related goodies.
    Picked up a drag pack. 235 BFG Radial TAs on Dakota 16s, and 275x60x16 Mickey ET Streets on same wheels.
    Mounted Belltech Street shocks on the back.

Also got my Procharger shipped. I underestimated the amount of room the FMIC would take, so I have no choice but to go to a 99 style radiator. So I have those along with overbottles and a catch can on order.

October 2017 update:
    I've been busy as hell. Slow progress but finally decided to put truck down to install everything.
    On my Dyno my pre-fan and pre-blower baseline was 241 whp. A stock RT puts down about 185 whp on my Dyno.
    Sold off my K&N intake, and 235 radials.
    Bought Street Bogart's and front runners.
    Sold off a spare 2800 stall I had.
    Bought a house, and am moving in 2.5 weeks so that's my deadline to get this done, moving shit in the Challenger blows.
    Last edited by FlyinRyan; 10-26-2017 at 04:32 PM.
    RYAN/TUNED

Got questions?!? Get the answers ->>> http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...estions-thread
    For fastest response please text or email at ryan@frptuning.com ,please no PM's!!!

Status

Reserved for pics and bleach
    RYAN/TUNED

Status

Reserved for inevitable jealousy and butthurt
    RYAN/TUNED

Status

Ryan was here.....
    RYAN/TUNED

Status

Nice truck.
    1999 R/C Solar yellow

Clean truck. Need to get rid of the 4x4 stance though.

00 Black CC R/T- Mid Lengths, SCT, 2 BBL M1, 52x55 TB , Mopar 1.7 RR, soon to the list (4.56 gears)
    94 Stealth RT/TT - Nicest pile of shit you will ever see

Status

I like the stance...
    Maybe a 1" drop, but that's it. I Sooooo hate the lowered Cholo/lowrider/flat brimmed Dork hat look.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

I killed Goose

Status

No taco wagons

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

Status

Nice looking truck and cool story! Love the color too. These are great trucks and for the money, you get a lot of bang for the buck. I've got about 4 neighbors with $50K+ in there new F-150s and I'd rather have my truck for a fraction, a really small fraction, of the cost.
    '03 Stampede Graphite Metallic Dakota R/T CC

FRP tune, M1 2bbl, HiPoTek 52mm TB, K&N 14" Filter, Headers, Flowmaster duals

Status

Cool story bro LOL

Looking good,and never bad to have real world experience with what your tuning to see just what works.

Even being a 20 year old body style,I still love the looks and what the Dakota had/has to offer.

Submit a few photos for the upcoming 20th Anniversary Calendar

Whiplash Engine & Machine, FRP Tuned
    Instagram moderator for dakota_rt_club

Status

Procharger and other goodies are in the way.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    RYAN/TUNED

Friends 70 Mustang flashes 200 rpm beyond his stall as well. Runs 11.4's.

Status

stall is directly related to input power. So unless the converted was spec'd to your combo. Chances are it wont be dead on.

"Bleach Master"

Status

200 rpm
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

"Bleach Master"

Status

look up "flash stall" in google, you're welcome
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Status

You forgot to factor in tune cost, for the rest of us!
    HI. I like beer, burnouts, and boobies...

Can't wait for an update. Sound like its going to be VERY enjoyable.

I GOTCHU RAINES!!

Status

And so it begins....
    RYAN/TUNED

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

Dun dun DUN!

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinRyan View Post
    Procharger and other goodies are in the way.....
    what size intercooler did you go with?

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Osee View Post
    what size intercooler did you go with?
    24x12x3
    RYAN/TUNED

Status

Intercooler is in, Procharger is in, Zeal shroud and fan is in (was good for 12 whp) , running into issues with clearing the AC lines, cruise cable, and dipstick.
    RYAN/TUNED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast