+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Backhalf Suspension Make-Over Air-Ride

Panty Dropper

Status

Default Backhalf Suspension Make-Over Air-Ride

Those of you that know me know too well that I can never leave well enough alone. So instead of a simple notch job I decided to just rip off the back half and start from scratch. It took two good friends and myself many ounces of adult fluid and a few long weekends filled with welding cutting and grinding to build the new rear section. They left me to do the pretty finish work but that’s ok, After all it is my truck. We hand built all that you see and I got it to a good looking finish point but was very unhappy with the pan-hard bar. It pulls too far left to right with raising and lowering the truck. With keeping a factory fuel tank in its location it’s already a tight fit using a 4-link setup outside the rails and the left to right effect is just too close for comfort. So I have since cut off the pan-hard bar (not in the photos) and will play trial and error utilizing a modified watts link over the differential. A traditional watts link would hide and take away from my purty billet Diff cover and I can’t have that. I ran a tub channel all the way across my bed so I have plenty of room without interference. So just stay tuned to see how this finishes out.

Customized from head to toe. Truck Trend Magazine Favorite Show Truck From SEMA 2010, Featured in Truck Trend Mag Feb 2011, Feature Article CarAudio Mag and Featured in CarAudio Mag SEMA booth 2010. Truckin Magazine Full Feature issue 12, 2011 & Truckin Magazine Truck of the Year, Named 2012 Mopar Top Eliminator by Chrysler Corporation, Full feature and interview on Solo Films DVD Inspired Lifestyle. Sponsored by Memphis Car Audio, Tuff Stuff Performance, Taylor Wires, Viar Corp, Continental Tires, K&N, North Star Battery & Monzter MotorSports.

A Custom Truck is not created by how big your wallet is. It's the hands on effort you apply from your own ideas. Only then can it be called Custom-- Dynamic Installs

Status

Pretty slick looking. Looks clean. Have you thought about a wishbone instead? May be easier and less clutter.

Panty Dropper

Status

I've looked at using one. The symmetry wouod be off and there just isn't room with shocks, factory tank, and side exit exhaust
    Customized from head to toe. Truck Trend Magazine Favorite Show Truck From SEMA 2010, Featured in Truck Trend Mag Feb 2011, Feature Article CarAudio Mag and Featured in CarAudio Mag SEMA booth 2010. Truckin Magazine Full Feature issue 12, 2011 & Truckin Magazine Truck of the Year, Named 2012 Mopar Top Eliminator by Chrysler Corporation, Full feature and interview on Solo Films DVD Inspired Lifestyle. Sponsored by Memphis Car Audio, Tuff Stuff Performance, Taylor Wires, Viar Corp, Continental Tires, K&N, North Star Battery & Monzter MotorSports.

A Custom Truck is not created by how big your wallet is. It's the hands on effort you apply from your own ideas. Only then can it be called Custom-- Dynamic Installs

Status

Looks bad ass !

Looks awesome. What diff cover is that?

00 Black CC R/T- Mid Lengths, SCT, 2 BBL M1, 52x55 TB , Mopar 1.7 RR, soon to the list (4.56 gears)
    94 Stealth RT/TT - Nicest pile of shit you will ever see

Panty Dropper

Status

Quote Originally Posted by superbee5.9 View Post
    Looks awesome. What diff cover is that?

Billet Connection made a small run of them years ago. I was lucky and able to snag two of them. one for my Dakota and one as a back up or for the ram I had since it was the same rear end. The second one is still new in the package. It's a beautiful piece machined from solid aluminum- but with the cost of aluminum today vs then! The cost to have one made would probably be just over twice as much and I am sure the reason why he won't make any more- cost vs demand = expensive ass diff cover

Home School Valedictorian

Status

Nice looking work!

You still have a panhard bar though.

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Status
    Blog Entries

Fantastic! I just wanting to lower mine, an 03 R/T, 2/4 but can’t find anything but blocks or lowering leafs. Problem is I’ve read blocks suck and the leafs on it look almost straight now. Can you advise me or link me to someone who can? Thank you so much

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Facesturbo View Post
    Fantastic! I just wanting to lower mine, an 03 R/T, 2/4 but can’t find anything but blocks or lowering leafs. Problem is I’ve read blocks suck and the leafs on it look almost straight now. Can you advise me or link me to someone who can? Thank you so much
    I just removed my removed my 2/4 lowering kit. control arm in the front and shackles/hangers for the rear.

Status

Why are we Reviving 3 year old threads? Also just call Belltech and ask them for there 2/4" lower kit. Tell them you want the drop lower A-arms and the rear leaf hangers. This is the proper way to do it and it will ride very well. You will also get there lowering shocks in this kit as well.
    99 RT Fully built 365

+ Reply to Thread