+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New.....to Dodge

Status

Red face New.....to Dodge

Good evening all. My name is Terryl. This is my first R/T. Heck, this is my first Dodge. I've been into hot rods, muscle car, etc... for many years, just haven't had the funds to do any worthwhile projects until now. I traded for a 99 Dakota R/T 2 weeks ago and I think I'm hooked. I was looking for a sporty type car with some muscle, but needed a truck for "real life". So far, this fits the bill. My issues now are to get it back in to good shape. It's black, crew cab (if thats what Dodge calls it) and has been lowered. It looks sharp but rides very harsh and a bit squirrely. I'm sure I'll be hitting many of you up for parts, advice, and technical knowledge. Talk to y'all later.

Status

I have the same truck. Mine was so low that I had to cut the bump stop cups off so the control arms would stop hitting. Then a little notch on the passenger side upper control arm where it was hitting the header. Some new belltech nitro drop 2 shocks and now it's a fairly nice ride. Post pics when you get a chance. Welcome aboard.

Welcome! Got any pics? Black Club Cabs are awesome.

Totally agree with you on a best of both worlds, a truck that can do truck things, yet also still be fun. To that end, I'm going to recommend something that will be contrary to what a lot here may tell you - put the suspension back to stock. It still looks great (actually looks less small, less like a car), it will ride amazingly well, and still handle your face off. (speaking of which, these trucks were made to go 'round corners, not quarter mile - they can run quarter, but takes a lot more work, whereas they handle great totally stock and don't really need anything.)

Bear in mind, to get it to carve corners, and ride well, Dodge softened the rear springs quite a bit (in addition to lowering it an inch compared to the 'Sport'), so the hauling and towing capacity was dropped. I think it's something like 1000lb max in the bed. Something like 500lbs tongue weight? I think?
    2003 Black CC R/T, 1 of (less than) 376

want more inchs STROKE IT

Status

Welcome aboard

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.47@105 1.37 60’ 10.23@131

Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

Status

qZXaRfhb.jpg
    Ok, lets see if this works. Here's a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good looking truck! Have fun with the project

+ Reply to Thread