+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Black Pearl 2017 Q1 TOTQ Bit

Black Pearl

Status

Default The Black Pearl 2017 Q1 TOTQ Bit

It's 1999 and I'm looking for a new truck. Wanted a Ram, but it was priced out of my range. Not only that, the turning radius sucked. Took a test drive in a new Black 99 5.2 sport (see pic below). Felt good right from the start. Enjoyed the rounded body lines and distinct rounded front end. Took it home that afternoon. First on the list was lowering it and getting a set of wheels. Later came custom paint and performance parts. With SoCal Dakota (no flaming please) just down the street, I was invited to attend some beach parties on Fiesta island in San Diego. It's there I met many other cool Dak owners. Then winter of 2008, A fire hydrant jumped out in front on me as I was accelerating uphill in the rain with a perky 5.2 motor and Detroit locker in the rear. My other woman was totaled out. Stripped her of all the performance parts for the next woman.

all_amer_0888.jpg

Fast forward to summer of 2009 and I take the totaled check and bought a 1998 R/T (see pic below). Took the go fast parts from the other truck and bolted them on the 5.9 motor. I kinda like the look of the OEM wheels, so I left them on. Donned the truck with a cowl hood, and an Innovations tonneau cover. Those two pieces alone added a ton of personality to the truck. The drivetrain currently has the usual "go fast" parts that include an Saine 2800 converter, 4:56 gears bolted on a Detroit TrueTrac dif. Motor is maxed out normally aspirated wise, so I decided to go N/A 408. 500 fwhp is the goal. Motor is done, waiting on $$$ for a Saine tranny and 3200/3500 converter.

98dak666.jpg

That's my spiel on the Black Pearl. Hope I didn't bore you guys. I always hated writing term papers in college. Thanks for listening. Good luck to the other nominees. Remember, bang your head and never lift!
    Last edited by ScojoDak; 04-12-2017 at 03:30 AM. Reason: typo
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

Beautiful Black Pearl and Good Luck

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

"Bleach Master"

Status

I like dis berry mucho!
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Black Pearl

Status

Quote Originally Posted by mopar5.9 View Post
    Beautiful Black Pearl and Good Luck
    Thank you
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

Status

Nice ride. Can't wait to see the 408 installed and running!

'78 Chrysler LeBaron - Gone
    '84 Dodge 600 - Gone
    '96 Dodge Avenger I-4 5 Spd - Gone
    '05 Neon SRT4 - Gone
    '05 Dodge Magnum RT- Gone
    '00 Dak RT- Now in TX
    '12 Challenger SRT8 - Gone
    '16 Charger Scat Pack- Gone
    '22 Ram Rebel 1500

+ Reply to Thread