Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

Quote Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
    Feels good, Don't it!
    Yes, yes it does!

Whiplash Engine & Machine, FRP Tuned
    Instagram moderator for dakota_rt_club

Went to the first car meet cruise in we have every Thursday evening when the weather is nice.
    MTU Car Meet by Michael Wigg, on Flickr
    Last edited by Wiggsy72; 08-08-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Running Ryan's base tune still and the engine runs excellent, it's hard to believe it runs so well and only about to get better with some fine tuning. I'll be doing some data logging when I get back in about two weeks. I'll be installing the SS JBA replacement "Y" pipe with two new NTK O2 sensors and the additional bung for the wideband sensor.

I'm approaching 1000kms so far on the rebuild and I got on it a bit once it was up to temp and yeah she's got some f'n power. Also sounds wicked with some more pronounced pop and bang than it did before, it's that good performance engine sound you want to hear.

Added a 1" aluminum spacer to the K&N air filter. Added Moroso plug wire stand offs and made up a new rubber flap for the rad as the old one kinda fell apart.

missing pics.....
    Last edited by Wiggsy72; 08-08-2017 at 02:48 PM.

I also have the jba ss y- pipe and i think it really sucks. from day one i have fitment problems . it is to close to the transmission pan and the fitting that goes to the cat also sucks . the fitting on both my cats the oem and the direct replacement magnaflow give problems with the jba y pipe . i also have fitment problems with my gibson ss ceramic headers with the y pipe but you have jba headers so it might fit good on your headers . the jba is not a direct replacement pipe like they say it is . BTW very nice truck

Quote Originally Posted by mopar5.9 View Post
    I also have the jba ss y- pipe and i think it really sucks. from day one i have fitment problems . it is to close to the transmission pan and the fitting that goes to the cat also sucks . the fitting on both my cats the oem and the direct replacement magnaflow give problems with the jba y pipe . i also have fitment problems with my gibson ss ceramic headers with the y pipe but you have jba headers so it might fit good on your headers . the jba is not a direct replacement pipe like they say it is . BTW very nice truck
    I test fit the driver side portion of the JBA pipe and marked a suitable spot for the wideband sensor bung. Today I started installing the entire Y pipe and so far only had to trim the pipes going to the Cat. Everything is fitting perfect and I'm very happy with it.
    Last edited by Wiggsy72; 06-14-2017 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Big fingers tiny keyboard on phone

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggsy72 View Post
    I test fit the driver side portion of the JBA pipe and marked a suitable spot for the wideband sensor bung. Today I started installing the entire Y pipe and so far only had to trim the pipes going to the Cat. Everything is fitting perfect and I'm very happy with it.
    is your y pipe #2945SY ? what did you trim to make it fit the Cat thats also my problem and the pipe that goes to the driver side is to close to my transmission pan (way to close)

The JBA 2945SY is not the correct fit for the Dakota 5.9 R/T, its missing the left and right Bank O2 sensor bungs and only single out to the Cat. Mine has two outs to the Cat (2 in and single out cat) which also makes it easy to go true dual eventually.

Untitled by Michael Wigg, on Flickr

Cut off 2.5" of existing pipe to the Cat for the fit length to be spot on.

IMG_9061 by Michael Wigg, on Flickr
    Last edited by Wiggsy72; 08-08-2017 at 03:17 PM.

"Bleach Master"

Status

Get rid of those crimp clamps and get these instead;
    https://www.summitracing.com/ga/part...50-1/overview/

This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    Get rid of those crimp clamps and get these instead;
    https://www.summitracing.com/ga/part...50-1/overview/

lol I was just about to post that. Those other clamps are terrible, especially if you want to take those pipes off later on.

Yes, I like those and my plan is to install them soon. I like them because they don't deform the pipe, apply even pressure all around and basically look much nicer. I think they come with most Flowmaster kits as well.

Your JBA y pipe design look much nicer then mine i see in the pictures that you have enough clearance by the transmission pan . this is how it should look . thanks for the pictures it really helps me out i will look again and try to fix mine . the problem is that the pipe comes against my transmission pan. if i would like to change transmission fluid i need to remove the y pipe other wise i cannot remove my transmission bolts. Thanks for the help and the pictures

Quote Originally Posted by mopar5.9 View Post
    Your JBA y pipe design look much nicer then mine i see in the pictures that you have enough clearance by the transmission pan . this is how it should look . thanks for the pictures it really helps me out i will look again and try to fix mine . the problem is that the pipe comes against my transmission pan. if i would like to change transmission fluid i need to remove the y pipe other wise i cannot remove my transmission bolts. Thanks for the help and the pictures
    I have clearance all the way around the trans pan with acces to all the bolts. Next time I have it up in the air I'll take a straight up photo.

Started configuring data logging today and did a test run. I'll have to add two more PID's for the fuel trim measurements by the looks of it. Try again tomorrow.

Status

What's the screen you are running under the dash? Btw looks sweet !

Quote Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
    What's the screen you are running under the dash? Btw looks sweet !
    That's a iPad running Dash Command with wireless OBDII connection, fully customizable layouts, just happened to fit perfectly in that spot. I can also connect it through to the stereo display and just leave the iPad in the center console.

Need some hard to find parts? https://www.moparpartsoverstock.com

Well I got my first data log out to Ryan last week. Within about 10 minutes he got a hold of me to confirm a couple things for the wide band sensor and guage. Twenty minutes later I had a new tune to load that truely made a difference.

Today I managed to do a WOT run but I didn't capture it which was to bad because it was a great solid pedal into the carpet run blowing the doors off some dude in a BMW. Next attempt was short and sweet and I hope it was enough for Ryan. I can always do it again

Got my TorcTite exhaust clamps from Summit today. Summit part number SUM-69220-1. I'll get them on this weekend with some updated photos.

I've deleted my account on Photobucket. I will edit and repost the photos previously posted but now held for ransom but that will take some time. Should be a good winter project.

Supporting Vendor

Status

I've deleted my account on Photobucket. I will edit and repost the photos previously posted but now held for ransom but that will take some time. Should be a good winter project.
    Photobucket can bite the bone! And yes, it is ransomeware.

Here's a video clip, nothing spectacular as I'm only backing up into the carport. I was just after some audio of the exhaust.

https://youtu.be/ph64HinM8po

Status

Sounds good!
    '03 Stampede Graphite Metallic Dakota R/T CC

FRP tune, M1 2bbl, HiPoTek 52mm TB, K&N 14" Filter, Headers, Flowmaster duals

Updated all the lost photos in this post no thanks to Photobucket.

Here is the updated exhaust clamps on the JBA "Y" pipe.

Status

Makes my 3" spintech look huge.
    1999 R/C Solar yellow

That looks very nice damn. how much hp will the 210xp cam add normally to a magnum 5.9 engine with eq heads just to get an idea for my top end build .did you already dyno your R/T? how much hp do you think your truck is making now .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast