+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Power antenna ?

Default Power antenna ?

Is there a company that sell a good quality power antenna that fit our trucks on the passenger side fender like the oem ?

Home School Valedictorian

Status

Just asking, is there room inside the fender to mount the motor? Several years ago I removed my fender and plugged the antenna hole. It seems it was tight, but I don't recall for sure.

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

R/T Lives Matter

Status

I also plugged my hole and installed a roof antenna. I kinda doubt there is room inside the fender, but don't quote me, not 100%
    99 R/T
    The never ending project

Status

Hijack;

Does anybody have experience using a "hidden" antenna to replace the stock antenna? Good brands?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman24 View Post
    I also plugged my hole and installed a roof antenna. I kinda doubt there is room inside the fender, but don't quote me, not 100%
    I did the same. One of these days when I get a little ambition, I will replace the roof mount with a shark fin.

R/T Lives Matter

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 9t9-5.2 View Post
    I did the same. One of these days when I get a little ambition, I will replace the roof mount with a shark fin.
    Wish I would've done that, mines more of a rounded shark fin
    99 R/T
    The never ending project

Status

I bought a power antenna years ago thinking I'd do the same, NOT! No room for the motor to fit down inside the fender.
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

R/T Lives Matter

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
    I bought a power antenna years ago thinking I'd do the same, NOT! No room for the motor to fit down inside the fender.
    Good to know, I didn't think it would fit
    99 R/T
    The never ending project

v14 Mopar Mullet

Status

Last year I started a project with the goal of shaving the antenna hole. I ended up connecting an antenna cable from the radio to a point on the metal surface under the dashboard cover. I forget what kind of adapter I got but I bolted it to the metal to ground it. Then I used a regular copper 18-gauge braided wire and ran it up the A-pillar and across the window underneath the dithering black dots. I still need a way to nicely attach it to the glass, but it works fine for FM but AM is iffy. FYI I live in a flat area within 20-30 miles of most stations.

Recently I discovered I Heart Radio and might end up using that because AM never sounded good even with the OEM antenna, but I'm too cheap to increase my data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by 9t9-5.2 View Post
    Just asking, is there room inside the fender to mount the motor? Several years ago I removed my fender and plugged the antenna hole. It seems it was tight, but I don't recall for sure.
    Thanks , Yes there is no room in the passenger fender but i was thinking maybe someone purchased a small unit that actually fit in our trucks . I also was thinking of a shark mounted antenna like the bmw e46 m3 models style . Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
    Thank you for letting us know . so we dont have much choice . I really like the idea of a power antenna . i think i will go for the shark antenna style like the others mentioned Thank you

I also was looking for an oem Power antenna of the mazda miata these are quality mini power antenna and measure 9.5 inch but i think that even these are to big for our passenger side fender . But like the other members mentioned there is just not enough room i think

Status

I went with one like this; http://www.dhgate.com/product/car-ra...isc|3926649480

Eventually it will be replaced with a shark fin.

R/T Lives Matter

Status

[IMG][/IMG]
    Heres what mine looks like. sorry for the picture quality, its zoomed in lol. but you get the jist of it, low profile antenna.
    99 R/T
    The never ending project

I was thinking is it possible to put a power antenna in the driver side fender because there is more room there . the passenger side has absolute no room to mount a power antenna like 99dart mentioned . i only dont know if it would look nice on the driver. A mini (9 inch) power antenna should fit i think.

R/T Lives Matter

Status

[QUOTE=mopar5.9;518534]I was thinking is it possible to put a power antenna in the driver side fender because there is more room there . the passenger side has absolute no room to mount a power antenna like 99dart mentioned . i only dont know if it would look nice on the driver. A mini (9 inch) power antenna should fit i think.

Give it a shot, see what happens. I haven't heard of anyone thats done that, might be kinda cool
    99 R/T
    The never ending project

"Bleach Master"

Status

This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

[QUOTE=Bowman24;518535]
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar5.9 View Post
    I was thinking is it possible to put a power antenna in the driver side fender because there is more room there . the passenger side has absolute no room to mount a power antenna like 99dart mentioned . i only dont know if it would look nice on the driver. A mini (9 inch) power antenna should fit i think.

Give it a shot, see what happens. I haven't heard of anyone thats done that, might be kinda cool
    After reading my own post i am going to stick with the oem antenna or the shark fin style like you guys mentioned . maybe it is a dumbass idea like slammedR/T mentioned .

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    Hey now...I have a power passenger window, best mod I've made...
    Cross ventalation in the staging lanes rocks.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

v14 Mopar Mullet

Status

I tried a powered antenna that mounted on the windshield near the rearview mirror, and by powered I mean the power amplified the antenna not that the antenna moved. At first I just wanted to test it out so I got my trusty alligator clip wires that I use for testing. I hooked up the antenna and it sounded decent. I connected it to power and it sounded like shit. I removed the antenna and it sounded decent again. I reconnected power and the shit sound returned. Back to Best Buy it went.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Steve '02CC View Post
    I tried a powered antenna that mounted on the windshield near the rearview mirror, and by powered I mean the power amplified the antenna not that the antenna moved. At first I just wanted to test it out so I got my trusty alligator clip wires that I use for testing. I hooked up the antenna and it sounded decent. I connected it to power and it sounded like shit. I removed the antenna and it sounded decent again. I reconnected power and the shit sound returned. Back to Best Buy it went.
    I had one of those b4 and it worked great.

Mostly stock:
    Open air Cleaner
    52mm TB
    No cat, flowmaster
    Way more mods to come

will one of these power antenna fit our trucks . the mini antenna is 8½ inches of mounting depth

remote antenna

http://www.jegs.com/i/RetroSound/700/PA-02/10002/-1

mini power antenna

https://www.retromanufacturing.com/p...-power-antenna

+ Reply to Thread