+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone have their original dealer window sticker for a 1999 R/T?

Status

Default Anyone have their original dealer window sticker for a 1999 R/T?

I was wondering if anyone had their original window sticker for a 1999 R/T? I'm 1 of I don't know how many owners of my 1999 R/T and the window sticker is long gone. I know they can't be printed anymore. I did try one of the companies reproducing standard window stickers and it turned out to be pretty cool. I purchased 2 of them one for my 43,000 original mile 1986 Plymouth Reliant. They were $7.99 each and the one for the Plymouth was a throw away of $7.99 since there was no Option Information available but I had no way of knowing until I purchased it. When I did my 99 R/T it had all the factory options with dealer codes listed along with prices. I was able to choose every option correctly because I have the build code report from my dealer. It looks like an original window sticker minus the Chrysler symbols and dealer names but otherwise pretty close. It lists standard options on the left, VIN and model information above, Engine and color specs at the top right, Fuel mileage estimates with the gas pump symbol and on the right it has all the options along with their price plus the grand total. Mine says with all the options it was $21,680.00. It says the fuel mileage was 11 City and 15 Highway. Just wanting to know how accurate it is compared to originals?

Status

I still have my window sticker from my 2000. I know you already have the information on your truck but you might be type in your VIN (under the "Equipment Listing" tab) and get the infomation/print out from Dodge.

http://www-5.dodge.com/webselfservic...527R%2527%2529

'78 Chrysler LeBaron - Gone
    '84 Dodge 600 - Gone
    '96 Dodge Avenger I-4 5 Spd - Gone
    '05 Neon SRT4 - Gone
    '05 Dodge Magnum RT- Gone
    '00 Dak RT- Now in TX
    '12 Challenger SRT8 - Gone
    '16 Charger Scat Pack- Gone
    '22 Ram Rebel 1500

Status

Yeah I tried that too it's the same I got from the dealer. I was wondering is there a code that tells you what dealer it was sold at? I was able to find out what dealer my 1965 Plymouth Valiant sold at so I figure a 99 Dakota should be easier.

Status

maybe they can help. not sure what it will cost though.
    http://galengovier.com

http://www.gvgovier.com/products.htm

'78 Chrysler LeBaron - Gone
    '84 Dodge 600 - Gone
    '96 Dodge Avenger I-4 5 Spd - Gone
    '05 Neon SRT4 - Gone
    '05 Dodge Magnum RT- Gone
    '00 Dak RT- Now in TX
    '12 Challenger SRT8 - Gone
    '16 Charger Scat Pack- Gone
    '22 Ram Rebel 1500

Status

window sticker1.jpgpurchase sheet.jpg Here's my window sticker and purchase sheet from my '03...I know that it doesn't help for your '99 but figured that I still have mine after 14 years. I have the original order form and the purchase layout with codes but the files seem to be too large to load...I will try to shrink them and post.
    Last edited by 5857glendon; 04-06-2017 at 12:38 PM.

I like free kittens

Status

Is that Galen Govier's website? The 'Mopar guru extraordinaire'?

Don't give that fool any money. He's a dick. It's all about the money with that guy. No love of the hobby. Poor customer service. At one nations show he was walking around taking pictures of fender tags on classic muscle cars 'for his records' without asking the owners pernission. Right after taking pictures of a guys tag, the owner asked him if he would do a report of the car for him in exchange for the data mining and he said 'yea, but it'll cost ya'
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

My 1st car was a "K" car. Long live the K's!!!

Status

The K car is running good it won an award at the local Summit cruise night. The first show I've ever entered a car in. I was emailed by the window sticker people and they refunded the one I ordered for the Plymouth. They also said the one I ordered for my 99 R/T is correct. I also emailed Chrysler and found out mine was originally sold at the now closed Savannah Dodge Inc. So it's been in GA since it was new.

"Bleach Master"

Status

Still have my original window sticker for my 2000 Dodge Dakota R/T, but last week I was told my truck is not a R/T anymore
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Red trucks are faster

Status

I found the window sticker for mine nicely folded up and tucked in the owners manual.
    Your problem isn't the problem. Your reaction is the problem.

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14597&dateline=143749  2005

Status

i have the original window sticker for my 98 and should have all of the buyback/ or extended warranty paperwork dodge offered original owners for the tow rating mishap with it too.

Status

Well I've seen a couple images of R/T window stickers I found online. I'm wondering how accurate the window sticker company is that I ordered from. It came up with a total of $21,680. That appears to be really cheap for an R/T even that year. The few that I saw were 24-25,000.

Red trucks are faster

Status

Quote Originally Posted by darby5757 View Post
    i have the original window sticker for my 98 and should have all of the buyback/ or extended warranty paperwork dodge offered original owners for the tow rating mishap with it too.
    I put air bags on the rear of mine and have zero problems towing a 6x10 enclosed cargo trailer loaded to the hilt. I don't understand why Dodge couldn't of negotiated a simple, cheap fix like that as opposed to losing so much with the buy backs. Tax write off was easier? ?

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14597&dateline=143749  2005

Scroll down through the images in this link http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...-(James-Marsh)

Whiplash Engine & Machine, FRP Tuned
    Instagram moderator for dakota_rt_club

I have my original window sticker for my 99 RT. It has bled a little from being in the glove box for 18 years, but still readable. PM me a cell number and I'll send some pics.

Status
    Blog Entries

Still have my window sticker, brochure.. and RT press kit

Quote Originally Posted by 5857glendon View Post
    window sticker1.jpgpurchase sheet.jpg Here's my window sticker and purchase sheet from my '03...I know that it doesn't help for your '99 but figured that I still have mine after 14 years. I have the original order form and the purchase layout with codes but the files seem to be too large to load...I will try to shrink them and post.
    I was looking at your standard equipment listing and saw "block heater" listed and said that can't be right. Then I saw where you are from, must be a Canada thing.

Status

I settled for what I could on monroneylabels.com. I doubt it's accurate but it still is pretty interesting to have to show. It starts off with the standard Dakota features listing the 2.5 engine on the left side and then on the right in a separate box shows the options that make it an R/T. I also emailed Chrysler about my 1999 and my friends 2004 SLT and they were able to tell me by VIN where both Dakotas were originally sold. Mine was originally sold at Savannah Dodge Inc. in Savannah, GA. I'm in the northern part of the state so I guess it's been in the same state since it was sold.

Status

I'm trying to get some more information on this topic. I'm going attempt to try and get my missing window sticker remade using an old one as a template that I got on ebay. I've already talked to the store where I'm having it done. They said they could go in an edit what I need. It's hard to find even a 99 Dakota window sticker because I guess they got tossed out and those that might still have them left over may not think they are worth selling. The store said an actual window sticker would be better rather than a file. I had to settle for a 1997 window sticker but still looking out for some other examples online that I can use as templates. I've got a picture of a 1999 R/T window sticker with just about every exact option I had. Except mine had steering wheel audio controls, just the power convenience group, and the maximum cooling system which I assume is why I've got the aux transmission cooler and power steering cooler. Most copies I've seen had the Heavy Duty service group so I want to see how it's printed on the window sticker with just maximum cooling and power convenience group. Another question is would all the R/T's be made to order because I see a lot of built for boxes on the window stickers. I'm not even sure who originally owned mine. I was able to find out through Chrysler where mine originally sold at. I've got the prices for everything mine was optioned with. I was wondering for anyone who still has their 98-2000 Dakota window sticker is willing to post a picture so I can have all the correct information, format, and just to double check the prices are accurate? It seems to be reasonably priced for a remake from what the store told me. A lot cheaper than one of the window sticker research companies.

Red trucks are faster

Status

Have you tried the search function???? You're welcome...
    2012-07-11_01-13-36_159.jpg

Status

Thanks, this will help. I tried to find the search function but must have missed it. I was trying to find my original post and had to go back through all my posts but didn't find the search option.

Status

P8040001.jpgMYRTSTICKER_(2) (1).jpg Here is the recreated window sticker for my 99 R/T since there is no way to get another original one. I used a junkyard 2000 Dakota window sticker and changed it to match a 99 except for the parts content note, since the wording was still the same. I believe all the prices and numbers to be correct using information provided here and other boards, looking at old window stickers, and by emailing FCA. I wasn't sure of the exact correct wording, or placement of the "Engine Cooling - Heavy Duty" because most all I could find came with the Heavy Duty Service group. Mine only came with the 117 amp alternator and had heavy duty cooling separate. FCA gave up on me when I asked about the Ship to and Sold to numbers, so I left those the same. The L4 VON I was told would be the last four of my order number which FCA provided me, following that the 1027 refers to the build date. No idea what the ship to and sold to numbers refer to. FCA told me my truck was not special ordered but by a dealer for the lot so there was no Built for box. I saw some window stickers that said some 99 R/T regular cabs had best of 16 MPG and some 17. Other than having non-identical fonts, total price arrows, ship to/sold to numbers, and parts content location it should be fairly accurate. Should be good enough to display at next car show season when hopefully there will be some more shows. Total cost was $2.50 for the lamination, didn't charge me for the copy. Did it all online using a free PDF editor. Took quite a few hours to get it where it looked acceptable. The print shop wanted a minimum of $200 said it would likely be a lot more.
    Last edited by wh23g3g; 08-05-2020 at 03:05 AM. Reason: added price info

Status

Trying one more time to get some updated information maybe from other members that still have their original window sticker. All the previous posts have helped quite a bit. I've been able to get some more correct information on the Ship to/Sold to sections that I wasn't aware of before. The 5 digit numbers are the dealer codes and the first 2 digit number is the state zone code and the other one is the region code which is located in the build sheet. I've found a guy online that's able to remake the window sticker identical to the original with the same font and symbols as the original so it will look a lot better. So here's a couple things I've struggled to find the answers for that I want to make sure of before I spend this kind of money. It cost about the same as one from Triple A enterprises that does the old Mopar window stickers so I want it to be right. Hoping someone that has a window sticker and actually has heavy duty cooling without the heavy duty service group could share or post their window sticker?

Where in the optional equipment would the Heavy Duty Cooling appear if you don't also have the Heavy Duty Service group?(I've yet to see even a regular Dakota with just heavy duty cooling and not heavy duty service group)

Would there be any way of knowing whether the discount would say Dodge discount, Spring discount, Customer preferred discount, or Regional discount?(I've seen all when the build sheet just states customer preferred discount)

Would mine more than likely say for the MPG 12 17 or 12 16? (I've seen examples of both on regular cabs for the same year)

+ Reply to Thread