+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 2018 Calendar CONTEST???

Quote Originally Posted by Lonesoldier79 View Post
    Damn those trucks looks sexy! I really wanted to submit a pic from the blue ridge Pkwy this year with Grandfather mountain in the backround.
    I rode the B.R. Prkwy on motorcycle back in 2005. Best 5 bucks one could spend. This post brings up a point. I see in many of these pictures visual conflicts that are not making the best pictures. For instance, in Wiggsy's first post, the truck is nicely positioned on the road but all the power lines in the background are taking away from the impact of the photo. If this truck could have been moved back at the crest of the hill so only the clouds were showing against the back ground, it would have made a more powerful statement.
    Wiggsy's truck against the city background is a wonderful combination of light and color but the city line intersects with the top of the truck. Either squatting down to have the line bisect the truck or elevating oneself to raise the city line above the truck would have produced less visual conflict. Wiggsy's picture of his girl, wife or whomever sitting in the passenger seat works very well because the foliage in the back ground is a constant producing a better uniformity.

Osee's contribution is nicely positioned but if the trucks were moved so the fencing was not in the picture, the clouds are a wonderful back drop all by themselves.

Most people just stand where they are and snap the shot but a better photograph can be produced if one could position the shot without added visual competition which can lead your eye away from the subject.

Here's a shot of my truck and it kinda sucks because there are too many visuals to contend with between the rocks, the logs and the trees. With a bit of positioning, a shot with less conflict could have been had but I didn't care at the time as i was just wanting people to know I had an R/T and not busting balls with all the questions I had about the vehicle.

I mean if we're gonna make a calendar, wouldn't it be advantageous to take the best shots possible?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by arro222; 09-27-2017 at 08:12 PM.

I killed Goose

Status

Quote Originally Posted by arro222 View Post
    I rode the B.R. Prkwy on motorcycle back in 2005. Best 5 bucks one could spend. This post brings up a point. I see in many of these pictures visual conflicts that are not making the best pictures. For instance, in Wiggsy's first post, the truck is nicely positioned on the road but all the power lines in the background are taking away from the impact of the photo. If this truck could have been moved back at the crest of the hill so only the clouds were showing against the back ground, it would have made a more powerful statement.
    Wiggsy's truck against the city background is a wonderful combination of light and color but the city line intersects with the top of the truck. Either squatting down to have the line bisect the truck or elevating oneself to raise the city line above the truck would have produced less visual conflict. Wiggsy's picture of his girl, wife or whomever sitting in the passenger seat works very well because the foliage in the back ground is a constant producing a better uniformity.

Osee's contribution is nicely positioned but if the trucks were moved so the fencing was not in the picture, the clouds are a wonderful back drop all by themselves.

Most people just stand where they are and snap the shot but a better photograph can be produced if one could position the shot without added visual competition which can lead your eye away from the subject.

Here's a shot of my truck and it kinda sucks because there are too many visuals to contend with between the rocks, the logs and the trees. With a bit of positioning, a shot with less conflict could have been had but I didn't care at the time as i was just wanting people to know I had an R/T and not busting balls with all the questions I had about the vehicle.

I mean if we're gonna make a calendar, wouldn't it be advantageous to take the best shots possible?
    Did you just post a diatribe about people's pictures and post your own self admitted crappy picture?

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

Most photos are by opportunity and unplanned. We're not creating a Calendar to be sold on Amazon but a Calendar for enthusiasts of the Dakota R/T if they choose to participate or not. Seeing as we are nationwide it would be too much to ask and almost impossible to setup a profesional photo shoot.

Thanks

Whiplash Engine & Machine, FRP Tuned
    Instagram moderator for dakota_rt_club

I killed Goose

Status

You doing good Wiggsy, don't listen to him.
    Every one of the submissions look great and I look forward to buy a calendar filled with nothing but pictures of the sexiest truck ever built.

PM'd ya Wigg.

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

Quote Originally Posted by BIGROB View Post
    Did you just post a diatribe about people's pictures and post your own self admitted crappy picture?
    It has nothing to do with "professional" photography nor am I casting anything negative toward Wiggsy. Most of these shots are a simple step away of looking professional as there are some beautiful things going on. I think what he is helping with deserves only the best support and that's all i'm trying to do. These are just simple tips to make photos look better without too much work because indeed they are nice shots that could be "great" shots with almost little to no more work. I mean look at the poignancy of the photo in post #51. What a great positioning of that mean looking truck. The time of day along with the brooding cloud background helps in conveying the essence of the truck itself. Can you admit that without the power lines, it would be more concentrative on the truck? Look at the beautiful lighting in Osee's pic. The nuance of the day just embraces the looks of these two trucks. By moving over just a little bit where only the background fields and the beautiful cloud structure are seen as a background would give even more visual impact to the trucks themselves. I used mine as an example of what not to do as well meaning even though I have a background in photography, I can be just as guilty when not looking to produce better composition.. . Just trying to help folks take pictures with less visual distraction so as to better showcase the trucks we all care about.. I am not certain why you're taking anything I said as disparagement when nothing was meant in that way. As I said,, just trying to be of service and share some stuff I know about w/o trying to be a big shot about it. Sorry if it came across differently.
    Last edited by arro222; 09-28-2017 at 01:47 PM.

I killed Goose

Status

It has nothing to do with "professional" photography nor am I casting anything negative toward Wiggsy. Most of these shots are a simple step away of looking professional as there are some beautiful things going on. I think what he is helping with deserves only the best support and that's all i'm trying to do. These are just simple tips to make photos look better without too much work because indeed they are nice shots that could be "great" shots with almost little to no more work. I mean look at the poignancy of the top photo. What a great positioning of that mean looking truck. The time of day along with the brooding cloud background helps in conveying the essence of the truck itself. Can you admit that without the power lines, it would be more concentrative on the truck? Look at the beautiful lighting in Osee's pic. The nuance of the day just embraces the looks of these two trucks. By moving over just a little bit where only the background fields and the beautiful cloud structure are seen as a background would give even more visual impact to the trucks themselves. I used mine as an example of what not to do as well meaning even though I have a background in photography, I can be just as guilty when not looking to produce better composition.. . Just trying to help folks take pictures with less visual distraction so as to better showcase the trucks we all care about.. I am not certain why you're taking anything I said as disparagement when nothing was meant in that way. As I said,, just trying to be of service and share some stuff I know about w/o trying to be a big shot about it. Sorry if it came across differently.
    It did come across as a little critical of the submitted pictures.
    No one is setting up a photo shoot with Ansel Adams to have wide format pictures taken in pristine landscapes.
    An opportune picture taken with a smart phone while the truck is clean and shiny is fine by me.

If you're distracted by power lines the focal point of the picture isn't holding your attention very long and you've made the wrong choice in vehicles.

R/T Lives Matter

Status

I kind of like the idea of taking pictures of our trucks in its natural state. Whether that be in your garage, or half torn apart in the shop. Professional pictures are great. But I think it would be cool to have a mix of everything in the calendar, just my two cents..
    99 R/T
    The never ending project

I

If you're distracted by power lines the focal point of the picture isn't holding your attention very long and you've made the wrong choice in vehicles.
    Don't get dramatic on me now BR. This is a forum with some great guys. I just try to contribute. When you get trained in certain shit, your perception of things tends to gravitate toward that training. I tried to couch my contribution with saying good things about the photos so as to not come across like some asshole. Apparently my meaning got lost on you.
    Here's just a simple example of what I'm trying to say. You see how the same photo changes with just one step to the right. It just makes for a better pic without the distraction and with next to no work!. Take whatever I say or not. If it can help great. if you'd rather go negative where none was intended, there's not a thing I can do about that except to feel badly that you took it in that way.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by arro222; 09-28-2017 at 03:09 PM.

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

That is not my truck, this is my truck. I'd like the April cover please

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

I killed Goose

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Osee View Post

A true picture of a Dakota R/T in it's natural habitat

Status

A true picture of a Dakota R/T in it's natural habitat
    you know it, this winter it's going back together, I've been neglecting it for the racecar all year. I miss being and idiot in my R/T pissing the locals off

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Nope it's not. The picture came over when you "replied with quote" and I just saw your name at the top thinking it was your shot. Sorry. Always liked your work space. Nice and big to move around in.

"Bleach Master"

Status

Who gives a phuck!
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

You have to email me the photo submission in the first posting of this thread and mentioned a few times throughout the post.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    Who gives a phuck!
    Exactly right! I just wanna see a calendar with some sweet looking R/T's

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggsy72 View Post
    You have to email me the photo submission in the first posting of this thread and mentioned a few times throughout the post.
    I'm only joking hopefully next year

I'm only joking hopefully next year
    Your in it anyway, you'll see

Congratulations to Adobedude for the Best Photo WIN. Dave gets Calendar cover, month of his choice and a copy of the Calendar.
    David Peterson - Adobedude by Michael Wigg, on Flickr
    Last edited by Wiggsy72; 10-08-2017 at 02:47 AM. Reason: fixed

Black Pearl

Status

That pic is definitely worthy! And his truck isn't chopped liver either. Congrats Dave
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

Status

Congrats! Great pic!
    '03 Stampede Graphite Metallic Dakota R/T CC

FRP tune, M1 2bbl, HiPoTek 52mm TB, K&N 14" Filter, Headers, Flowmaster duals

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4