+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sct Tune Questions ?

Default Sct Tune Questions ?

I have a few questions please

I have done a 5.9 and 46re swap in my truck but i still have my 5.2 pcm . Can i drive my truck with this pcm or do i need to reflash it . My truck started the last time with the 5.2 PCM and ran good i think.
    Will a sct tune reflash this for me or do i have to buy a 5.9 pcm ?

Also i was following the thread that ryan hogan dont do custom tunes trough email. but does he still does canned tunes ?
    For now these parts are on my engine
    M1 2bbl
    Headers
    Jba y pipe, magnaflow cat, and borla catback exhaust . afe Cai

If i purchased edelbrock heads or EQ heads can i still do a canned tune ?

Once i put in a camshaft i need a custom tune ?

These are the future parts i am planning to put on my stock engine
    2.02 heads
    Camshaft from hipotek .
    TB 52mm

Also is this a good tuning device for our trucks BullyDog/SCT BDX tuner or do i have to look for a x3 3200 tuner device ?

Status

Not sure if you can reflash a 5.2 PCM to work with a 5.9. I would ask Ryan.
    With your current mods, I think a FRP canned tune will work just fine.
    If you get heads/cam, you are definitely going to need a custom tune. FRP/Ryan currently only takes new custom tune customers on a case by case basis.
    I would get the 52mm TB next, that would let you keep a "canned" tune and get the best performance from your current mods (M1).
    I would get a SCT Xcal3 over the BullyDog for our trucks/application.

My goal is to keep it canned tune until I run out of options and "have" to go custom with the heads/valves/cam which will also require an AEM wideband.

Good luck, sounds like you have a good start as M1s are becoming more expensive.
    '03 Stampede Graphite Metallic Dakota R/T CC

FRP tune, M1 2bbl, HiPoTek 52mm TB, K&N 14" Filter, Headers, Flowmaster duals

Thank you Hatchman for the information . I will contact Ryan once i purchased a TB 52mm .
    I forgot to say i also will change the rockers to 1.6 Harland sharp instead of the 1.7
    I would like to keep the bottom end stock as it is my daily driver. and only do top end work on the engine .
    I will purchased a canned tune like you to get the truck running better and once i got all the parts Cam/ heads/ valves i will see what the options are for our platform.

I purchase my m1 from Member oldkota from Wisconsin here on the DRTC forum last year . i was searching for almost a year to get one and Oldkota helped me out . i am greatfull for that . Again thank you very much for your time

+ Reply to Thread