+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Closure of supporting vendor sub-forum

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jassole View Post
    I think a lot of this comes from building a relationship with a vendor, communication is key.
    I wouldn't know, but I assume this to be true. It's worrying to think about trying to establish such a relationship while one end is evolving away. I have NO DOUBT that I'll be 100% pleased with the outcome though...

I hate to see another great vendor bale on us but I can see why. I turned to Ryan when my last tune / tuner wasn't working out. I think the biggest problem was he (my first tuner) lost his motivation tuning these trucks and I know he had his reasons for that. I have to say when I first got this engine built, he worked very hard and helped me through several issues.

Ryan worked his tail off and got my tune nailed down. There were some issues on my end and he really helped me figure it out. He defiantly went above and beyond. I'm really glad he's still willing to work with existing customers.

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about PIE as I have never dealt with them. I think any vendor we still have we'd better treat them well and be grateful or we're all going to be returning our shit to stock because there's nowhere else to go.

Well, I guess we could always throw a carbed small block chebby in our trucks or some shit.
    Last edited by mikset; 03-10-2017 at 12:12 AM.
    408, HiPoTek, FRP Tuning, Martin Saine 46re
    12.33 @ 110
    2018 Renegade Raceway Summit Series Sportsman Champion

Red trucks are faster

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert View Post
    Tuning is tuning. Finding the right timing and fuel delivery that the engine wants. Technology doesn't change that. Computer EFI just gives you more control, more adjustability than a carb with mechanical spark advance in the distributor. Nothing to get glossy eyed about.
    No two engines are ever exactly the same from day one even when brand new. Compression, cam timing, injector timing and ignition timing will vary some right out of the box. So then adding bolt ons, age and wear & tear into the equation just adds to it.
    Your problem isn't the problem. Your reaction is the problem.

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14597&dateline=143749  2005

Status

I am new to the R/T world but not building motors and having something tuned. I LUSTED for a nice R/T for about 2 years before making it a reality. Bad on my part was not looking at how the parts supplies were diminished for the magnum series of mopars. I told myself thats fine, ill put the money in it, enjoy building it, and have something I'm proud of. Not just "store bought" hp, but an expression of what I wanted exactly in a performance vehicle. From the looks of things you were the mac Ryan. I followed the forum and some guys in it and all said "FlyinRyan" tune. I personally trusted Ryan's tunes without even getting one. Can someone tell me if this is the end? I don't want to lose this R/T, but I really don't wanna go further if the damn thing can't be tuned by someone who can actually get it right. Someone make me feel better. Please.

Red trucks are faster

Status

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSleepinR/T View Post
    I am new to the R/T word........blah blah blah blah.....Someone make me feel better. Please.
    Drive or trailer the truck to Ryan on the west side of Houston and get it Dyno tuned. I used to do the same thing with Harleys on a Dynojet 250i. It is the best way without doubt.

Or get a second pcm and mail it to Ryan.

If all else fails, Dave will tell you what to do.
    Your problem isn't the problem. Your reaction is the problem.

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14597&dateline=143749  2005

I like free kittens

Status

He will still come to you to tune in person. You can still go to him to tune in person. And on a very, very limited basis, he may tune you remotely. But that's between you and him. Don't hold your breath for a remote tune though. You need to essentially prove your worth and that you're not an idiot who saw fast n furious and now you want a nawz turbo.

There's always stand alone tuning like MS, and ryan may be willing to consult you as you self tune, provided you give him a small consulting fee
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

want more inchs STROKE IT

Status

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSleepinR/T View Post
    I am new to the R/T world but not building motors and having something tuned. I LUSTED for a nice R/T for about 2 years before making it a reality. Bad on my part was not looking at how the parts supplies were diminished for the magnum series of mopars. I told myself thats fine, ill put the money in it, enjoy building it, and have something I'm proud of. Not just "store bought" hp, but an expression of what I wanted exactly in a performance vehicle. From the looks of things you were the mac Ryan. I followed the forum and some guys in it and all said "FlyinRyan" tune. I personally trusted Ryan's tunes without even getting one. Can someone tell me if this is the end? I don't want to lose this R/T, but I really don't wanna go further if the damn thing can't be tuned by someone who can actually get it right. Someone make me feel better. Please.
    It's not the end of the world. Lmao, I never have been tooned by Ryan.

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.47@105 1.37 60’ 10.23@131

Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread