+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Laptop logging from SCT and Innovate or AEM at the same time?

Status

Default Laptop logging from SCT and Innovate or AEM at the same time?

Does anybody do this, log to Livelink GenII and Logworks or AEMdata at the same time?
    How difficult is it for a tuner to work off 2 logs from different manufacturers?

Since my '99 has an old CCW bussed JTEC PCM, I suspect the amount (and resolution) of data from the OBDII will be limited. I'm thinking a parallel logging solution could take some burden off the OBD. Temperatures, pressures, etc could be logged directly from the sensors, while the SCT focuses on the specific PIDs needed for mapping fuel/spark.

Does any logging software allow the import of .csv (or other) files to consolidate data viewing?

Pro's and con's of the different software suites?

Status

How about sharing some real world user experiences with the different suites?
    • SCT's Livelink GenII
    • AEM's AEMdata
    • Innovate's Logworks3

Software crashes? Lag? User Interface preferences? Built in Wizards?
    I see that some people claim Innovate is junk. Opinions?
    What about logging different parameters to different suites at the same time? (OBD to one suite, other sensors to another)

Anybody want to share their experiences with logging to LAPTOP with Innovate OT-2?

I'm leaning towards a dual wideband setup using Innovate's ECF-1 and PSN-1. These can provide the SCT X3 with both analog 02 signals as it logs OBDII data, but I won't have other (non-OBD) parameters in the SCT log (fuel pressure, N20 pressure, e%, etc). This makes me want to add an OT-2 so I can just log everything in Logworks and onyl use the SCT to tune.

But I don't want to commit to using Logworks3 if the consensus is that it sucks. Also, where do you people go to ACTUALLY get your technical questions seen? Facebook?
    Last edited by SnipeRT; 03-03-2017 at 05:56 PM.

I like free kittens

Status

I'm using old shit. Lm-2

I connect it to my laptop and set up the program to display the channels I'm monitoring. I then record directly to the computer harddrive. I notice no lag, and the file is right there ready to email out.

I lose no data this way. For whatever reason, when logging on just the lm-2, it would lose 5-7 seconds of data at engine start. When I have it connected directly to the laptop, it records everything with no gaps
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

Status

Do you have any other gauges or inputs to the LM-2, or just single wideband and OBD?

Is Logworks3 miserable to work with? Any hands-on with other software? SCT?

Other than the gap at startup, did you notice any difference in the resolution of the data from your 98's OBD bewteen the LM-2 and the laptop?

I like free kittens

Status

Just the wideband and obd connection.

No. no difference in resolution. It's more than adequate either way. You're tuning a truck engine, not trying to shoot a rocket to land on mars. There's more than enough resolution.
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

+ Reply to Thread