+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pay it Forward Section

Status

Default Pay it Forward Section

What about having a pay it forward section where members can post stuff they are looking to get rid of for free? I know everyone typically places their free stuff under the for sale section. Anything placed in the pay it forward section would be free of charge with the exception of shipping cost if applicable.

Just a thought.
    Terry

I like free kittens

Status

I thought there was a thread in the for sale section for this...did it disappear, or am I confusing forums?
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

Status

Tom,

These are the only sections I see in the Classifieds. Didn't see anything in the For Sale section under the stickys regarding pay it forward. Not a big deal though, just a suggestion. Saw something similar on forums I was on in the past.

Thanks.
    Terry

Hope my screen shot came up below.

Screenshot_2017-02-27-18-59-03.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TC-RT View Post
    What about having a pay it forward section where members can post stuff they are looking to get rid of for free? I know everyone typically places their free stuff under the for sale section. Anything placed in the pay it forward section would be free of charge with the exception of shipping cost if applicable.

Just a thought.
    Terry
    I like this suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by TC-RT View Post

Just a thought.
    Terry
    Yes, good idea

I killed Goose

Status

Good idea

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

I like free kittens

Status

There's multiple threads already in the classified that are advertised as 'free stuff I don't need'

Any reason why this couldn't be the place to offer items that you're paying forward? Think of the guy looking for something. Now he has to browse through 2 places (3 if you count the vehicle part-out subforum) to see what's out there. Having one place will give you more views more quickly, and multiple sub forums gives you less overall traffic to see your post.

More sub forums aren't always a good thing.
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert View Post
    There's multiple threads already in the classified that are advertised as 'free stuff I don't need'

Any reason why this couldn't be the place to offer items that you're paying forward? Think of the guy looking for something. Now he has to browse through 2 places (3 if you count the vehicle part-out subforum) to see what's out there. Having one place will give you more views more quickly, and multiple sub forums gives you less overall traffic to see your post.

More sub forums aren't always a good thing.
    I understand your side of it. I guess there are enough sub forums in the classifieds and searching in less does give more traffic to others who are looking to peddle their goods whether for sale or free.

+ Reply to Thread