+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting close to build

Default Getting close to build

It's gonna start soon where I bolt up some go fast parts to the R/T. Cams, heads, intakes are all old hat crap. Never, ever dealing with computer controlled vehicles, all of this 'tune" stuff is like just popping out of the birth canal for me.
    So basically, wtf do I need to buy for this crap? SCT hand held? lap top? Wide band? (I don't even know where that goes but if it's on your dick, that might hurt), all of the above?

All the power adder stuff questions will come later as I don't know shit about that as well.

Turbo Dakota Junky

Status

I just want you to know we will be there for you....
    to help you spend every spare dime you can scrape together for the project, and then some.
    Duner
    4.7 Turbocharged CC in white - 12's
    5.9 Turbocharged RC in black - 10's

1999 Dodge Dakota R/T RC Turbo: 10.51 @ 130.13 MPH

Quote Originally Posted by Duner View Post
    I just want you to know we will be there for you....
    to help you spend every spare dime you can scrape together for the project, and then some.
    You guys are so kind. It's so much fun spending someone else's money. Hell, that's what I always did but Ford Motor Company had deep pockets and a cam back then cost about $49.

Anybody gonna aid me here or is this too simple a question? I know , I know, it's like teaching 2+2 is 4. My trouble is I don't know about the "twos".

Status

This should get you what your looking for:
    http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...estions-thread
    1999 CC R/T
    365ci, 78/75 Rear Mount Turbo
    Ryan/Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by jjones View Post
    This should get you what your looking for:
    http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...estions-thread
    Ok, so let me understand this (Thanks by the way) I purchase a tune. I am sent an SCT with the tune in it or do I have to buy an SCT and put the email tune in it? You plug the SCT into the computer and how the hell does it pick up the email? Like a thumb drive? Also, where does a "wideband" go?
    This is fucked up. No wonder I don't understand any of this.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by arro222 View Post
    Ok, so let me understand this (Thanks by the way) I purchase a tune. I am sent an SCT with the tune in it or do I have to buy an SCT and put the email tune in it? You plug the SCT into the computer and how the hell does it pick up the email? Like a thumb drive? Also, where does a "wideband" go?
    This is fucked up. No wonder I don't understand any of this.
    I foresee a plane ride to RI in my future.
    RYAN/TUNED

Got questions?!? Get the answers ->>> http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...estions-thread
    For fastest response please text or email at ryan@frptuning.com ,please no PM's!!!

Wideband is a gauge that hooks up to an o2 sensor in ur exhaust. The tunes now are canned(meaning in is a "generic" tune for ur upgrades) custom email tunes are no longer available. So one would purchase a tune and sct tuner from FlyinRyan(then wait impatiently, checking the mailbox daily till it gets there) Then hook up to ur OBD port and enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by 99WhiteD View Post
    Wideband is a gauge that hooks up to an o2 sensor in ur exhaust. The tunes now are canned(meaning in is a "generic" tune for ur upgrades) custom email tunes are no longer available. So one would purchase a tune and sct tuner from FlyinRyan(then wait impatiently, checking the mailbox daily till it gets there) Then hook up to ur OBD port and enjoy
    Thanks White. If custom tuning is no longer available, why go through the trouble of getting a teller of tales such being the wideband? Unless one is doing fine tuning themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinRyan View Post
    I foresee a plane ride to RI in my future.

The benefit being is that the state is so small, you don't even have to land. You can just jump out. If you're flying it yourself, just put it on autopilot to circle and then jump out. I'll give you a ride back up to the plane with my R/T cause after you're done with it, it should fly.

+ Reply to Thread