+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dodge 46re rear band question ?

Default Dodge 46re rear band question ?

Hello

I need to purchase a rear kevlar band for my 1999 46re .My 46re is from a 2000 dakota 5.9

I was talking to a seller and the seller ask me this

Hello,

Because there is an overlap with the year coverage we like to have the buyer check and see if they have the single wrap or multi-wrap these are the two band options and their details.

22024B .......... Band, A727/A518/A618 Reverse (Fits 6 1/4"OD Drum) L1991-Up
    22024C .......... Band, A618 Reverse Double Wrap (Fits 6 1/4"OD Drum) 1996-Up

Regards,
    Kelly

Which band do i need to purchase ?

Thanks

I like free kittens

Status

Try to call Martin Saine. He's a vendor here but can sometimes be slow to respond through the forum
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

Status

Or John Cope....Easy to get ahold of.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Okay i will contact Martin i have his emailadress Thanks . I dont have the contact adress or website from John Cope Where can i look it up ?
    Many Thanks

Status
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Adobedude View Post
    Thank you very much Sir for the info.

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert View Post
    Try to call Martin Saine. He's a vendor here but can sometimes be slow to respond through the forum

working on Hemi powered project with him now. There is no finer vendor out there. Can't speak highly enough about my experience thus far. He's on FB if that matters.
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

Quote Originally Posted by mopar5.9 View Post
    Hello

I need to purchase a rear kevlar band for my 1999 46re .My 46re is from a 2000 dakota 5.9

I was talking to a seller and the seller ask me this

Hello,

Because there is an overlap with the year coverage we like to have the buyer check and see if they have the single wrap or multi-wrap these are the two band options and their details.

22024B .......... Band, A727/A518/A618 Reverse (Fits 6 1/4"OD Drum) L1991-Up
    22024C .......... Band, A618 Reverse Double Wrap (Fits 6 1/4"OD Drum) 1996-Up

Regards,
    Kelly

Which band do i need to purchase ?

Thanks
    Double wrap band is for heavy duty transmissions with longer rear drums (Diesel 47RE/A618).

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

Supporting Vendor

Status

Yes. You have a single band. A518 46RE

However, the reverse band in my 1990 A500 42RH is a double wrap band.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jassole View Post
    working on Hemi powered project with him now. There is no finer vendor out there. Can't speak highly enough about my experience thus far. He's on FB if that matters.
    Thank you for your reply sir , Yes Martin Saine Is really helpful i spoke to him through email .

Quote Originally Posted by SynRG View Post
    Double wrap band is for heavy duty transmissions with longer rear drums (Diesel 47RE/A618).
    Thank you yes i now know that the 46re/a518 has the single wrap rear band . the double wrap is for the 47re/diesel like you mentioned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    Yes. You have a single band. A518 46RE

However, the reverse band in my 1990 A500 42RH is a double wrap band.
    Yes i have the single rear band . I have also a 44re/a500 from 1999 and that one also has the double wrap band . like the 42RH .
    Many Thanks

Status

If you end up replacing it with the trans in the truck look into the billet wedge, billet band strut, and billet servos as well Also..... Not sure if you can replace the apply lever while its still in the truck but worth looking into and if so get the 4.2

Vortech V-3, 52mm TB, EQ Heads, "R/T" Cam, MSaine VB, 2800 Stall, HS 1.7's, 11.6 @ 119 in 1/4

Quote Originally Posted by Bang4theBuck View Post
    If you end up replacing it with the trans in the truck look into the billet wedge, billet band strut, and billet servos as well Also..... Not sure if you can replace the apply lever while its still in the truck but worth looking into and if so get the 4.2
    Hello Yes my transmission and engine is out of my truck . These are all the parts i purchased to do a rebuild for my 46re/a518
    Sonnax front servo
    Sonnax accumulator
    Superior rear servo
    Sonnax piston retainer
    Sonnax 3-4 spring .126 for the valve bodie
    Sonnax HD Bandstrut
    Updated wavy snap ring for the overdrive unit
    4.2 ratio billet lever
    HD Band anchor
    Borg warner solenoid
    Red eagle kolene steel and clutches
    Rear band kevlar single wrap
    Front Band kevlar
    46re Master overhaul kit gasket and seals
    12 x Mopar atf4
    46re remanufactured torque converter oem stall

Usually it takes 4 to 6 weeks before i received my order from the US . The waiting is always so long .
    Many thanks for your advice

cool to see one more European RT , good luck whit your build !

one nice partslist
    Dodge dakota R/T -99 CC intense Blue procharger
    Dodge Ram 1500 -96 5.2 2wd
    Dodge Dart GT -69 bigblock Racecar
    Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

https://www.youtube.com/user/Tobbe446

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TA-Racing/270995856350156

Quote Originally Posted by Tobbe1 View Post
    cool to see one more European RT , good luck whit your build !

one nice partslist
    Thanks , yeah its good to see another european member her on the forum . It took me along time to get the partslist together from alot of reading and help from the forum so i am happy the list is good . I wish i had a Dakota RT but i have Just a durango slt from 99. I never seen a dodge dakota rt on the dutch roads. But i really want a dakota RT . Thanks

When installing billet parts and hd parts do you still need to torque the front and rear kevlar band to factory specs . Band adjustment depends largely on which lever you use (sonnax says that) . i use the 4.2 lever instead of the factory .

Quote Originally Posted by mopar5.9 View Post
    When installing billet parts and hd parts do you still need to torque the front and rear kevlar band to factory specs . Band adjustment depends largely on which lever you use (sonnax says that) . i use the 4.2 lever instead of the factory .
    Torque down both bands to 72 INCH pounds and then back off however many turns it says in the book.

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

Quote Originally Posted by SynRG View Post
    Torque down both bands to 72 INCH pounds and then back off however many turns it says in the book.
    Okay i will torque the bands to factory specs that is what i needed to know .Thank you very much for helping me out

+ Reply to Thread