+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The 2017 RPM Act.

Black Pearl

Status

Default The 2017 RPM Act.

Alright fellaz, take a moment to write your reps to protect our Drag Racing hobby. Takes one minute to fill out and is available online. I and many others have done it. Click on the link to do your part. Thanks

https://www.votervoice.net/SEMA/campaigns/45394/respond
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

Status

Done...

Trump is trying to dismantle the EPA, but there's a lot of cock sucking Dems left over from Obummer.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Black Pearl

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Adobedude View Post
    Done... Trump is trying to dismantle the EPA, but there's a lot of cock sucking Dems left over from Obummer.
    He's draining the swamp. Time to get the Gators!

Supporting Vendor

Status

Done! I've signed for this 2 times previously through other venues just to be sure they know how I feel.

Black Pearl

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    Done! I've signed for this 2 times previously through other venues just to be sure they know how I feel.
    Thanks Richard This is my 3rd time too. I'm sure I'll get the same generic response I've gotten previously.

Supporting Vendor

Status

Thanks Richard This is my 3rd time too. I'm sure I'll get the same generic response I've gotten previously.
    No doubt Scott! lol

Done
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Black Pearl

Status

Thanks fellaz. Just got this response from senator John McCain.

Thank you for contacting me to share your views regarding S. 2659, the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act of 2016 or “RPM Act.” I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this issue.

As you know, the Clean Air Act, which became law in 1970, regulates air emissions from stationary and mobile sources. Since this law was enacted, these regulations have never applied to vehicles used solely for competitive purposes. In 1990, Congress confirmed this exemption when it authorized the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to regulate “nonroad vehicles.” In 2015, the EPA proposed automobile emissions rules that put this exemption into question. This proposed regulation is particularly harmful to Arizona, which is home to more than a dozen motorsport parks and tracks that support an active racing community and contribute significantly to the state’s economy.

I am a proud cosponsor of S. 2659. If enacted, the RPM Act would reaffirm the exemption of modified motor vehicles from the Clean Air Act and therefore prevent the EPA from applying these emissions rules to race cars. This legislation has been referred to the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works. While I do not serve on this committee, please be assured that I will continue to support efforts in the Senate to prevent the EPA from applying its unfair and improper application of the Clean Air Act on racing vehicles.

Again, thank you for contacting me to share your concern about this issue. I hope to stay in touch on this and other matters of concern.

Sincerely,

John McCain
    United States Senator

I received work back from Tom Tillis and Virginia Foxx. Both of them had the same BS blanket statement saying they were cosponsoring the bill to repeal. Both of them are Republicans and will follow through with whatever the party decides. How did the rest of you fair?
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ScojoDak View Post
    Thanks fellaz. Just got this response from senator John McCain.

Thank you for contacting me to share your views regarding S. 2659, the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act of 2016 or “RPM Act.” I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this issue.

As you know, the Clean Air Act, which became law in 1970, regulates air emissions from stationary and mobile sources. Since this law was enacted, these regulations have never applied to vehicles used solely for competitive purposes. In 1990, Congress confirmed this exemption when it authorized the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to regulate “nonroad vehicles.” In 2015, the EPA proposed automobile emissions rules that put this exemption into question. This proposed regulation is particularly harmful to Arizona, which is home to more than a dozen motorsport parks and tracks that support an active racing community and contribute significantly to the state’s economy.

I am a proud cosponsor of S. 2659. If enacted, the RPM Act would reaffirm the exemption of modified motor vehicles from the Clean Air Act and therefore prevent the EPA from applying these emissions rules to race cars. This legislation has been referred to the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works. While I do not serve on this committee, please be assured that I will continue to support efforts in the Senate to prevent the EPA from applying its unfair and improper application of the Clean Air Act on racing vehicles.

Again, thank you for contacting me to share your concern about this issue. I hope to stay in touch on this and other matters of concern.

Sincerely,

John McCain
    United States Senator
    Same response letter I recieved

Done.

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

Black Pearl

Status

Quote Originally Posted by y2krtaf View Post
    Same response letter I recieved
    Thanks.

Here is what my senator said:

Thank you for contacting me about S. 203, the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act of 2017. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, S. 203 would exclude vehicles that are used solely for competition from the anti-tampering provisions of the Clean Air Act. It would also exempt such vehicles from being defined as “motor vehicles” in the Clean Air Act. This legislation awaits consideration by the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works.

Please be assured I will keep your thoughts in mind should legislation concerning this matter come before the full Senate for a vote.

I appreciate hearing from you, and please do not hesitate to write, call, or visit my website in the future for information regarding any other issue of concern.

Sincerely,

Jack Reed
    United States Senator

This is the same guy who accepted a 2 million dollar bribe from the banking industry to amend Dodd-Frank to create the loop holes they banking industry uses to this day.
    Now here is something interesting.
    A top fuel dragster and funny car uses about 40 gallons per mile. They run every weekend during the season. Ya know what else uses this same amount of fuel which amounts to 11 gallons per second? All the heavy jumbo jets. Ever see the criss-cross network of air plane routes over the USA? They run about every hour. You never hear about the pollution these things cause but the EPA will go after my chainsaw and weed wacker. Can't wait for this new guy to take hold. Perhaps they'll even get rid of the ethanol bullshit as well.

Black Pearl

Status

Thanks arro. You know as well as I do that most politicians are...

two%u00252Bfaced%u00252B2.jpg

Dear Mr. Reyes:

Thank you for contacting me to express your support for H.R. 350, the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act.

I appreciate knowing of your support for this legislation. H.R. 350 has been referred to the House Energy and Commerce Committee for further review. Please be assured I will keep your thoughts in mind as this bill moves forward in the legislative process.

I take the viewpoint of my constituents very seriously, and appreciate that you took the time to contact me on this issue. As specific legislation is brought forward on this, or other topics of interest to you, I hope that you will continue to reach out to share your views.

Sincerely,
    JULIA BROWNLEY
    Member of Congress
    Got this.

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

Black Pearl

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SynRG View Post
    Got this.

Sent mine

Done
    Light em up

Black Pearl

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateBanjo View Post
    Sent mine

Black Pearl

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mnrt View Post
    Done

+ Reply to Thread