Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Revising of email tuning policy for future orders

Status

Default Revising of email tuning policy for future orders

Effective immediately, Flyin' Ryan Performance​ will be changing support of custom email tuning for JTEC-controlled vehicles. (DONT PANIC, KEEP READING) This covers the following vehicles:

1996-2003 Dakotas/Durangos (all engines)
    1996-2002 Rams
    1996-2004 Jeep Wrangler
    1996-2001 Jeep Cherokee
    1996-2004 Grand Cherokee

Anyone with a canned or custom tune from me already ordered will still be eligible for custom tuning over email. As needed, I will continue email tuning for current customers. In other words, if you have bought any tuning at all between early 2012 and February 2017, you are covered and have nothing to worry about. This statement is for anyone who orders custom tuning starting 3/1/17. Basically, email tuning will be sold on a case-by-case basis.

I understand some will be inclined to give their opinions on this matter- please read the below announcement in its entirety before commenting.

This was not an easy decision to make, and is not due to any one person, vehicle, or situation .
    I find that more than ever, my time to work with the customer in one on one fashion is limited. I want to give every customer the FRP experience that you all have heard so much about, and has influenced many of you to give me a try. I refuse to compromise quality, so to do this, something has to give.

I am going to continue JTEC custom tuning, however, almost all custom tuning will now either be done on the dyno in Houston (most likely at ET Motorsports or Star Racing Technologies​) or I will need to travel to the customer.

Our canned flashes will still be available for those who need them.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this, I hope all of you will understand.

-Ryan
    Last edited by FlyinRyan; 02-16-2017 at 07:47 PM.
    RYAN/TUNED

Got questions?!? Get the answers ->>> http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...estions-thread
    For fastest response please text or email at ryan@frptuning.com ,please no PM's!!!

Black Pearl

Status

Looks like I better get a baseline "408" tune request in. Coming soon.
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

I killed Goose

Status

Well shit. Guess I'll have to plan a trip to Houston when I'm ready. But that's probably better anyway. I'm only about 4-1/2 hours away. Thanks for supporting us as longs as you did Ryan.
    I for one am very happy with my canned tune from you

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

Status

want more inchs STROKE IT

Status

First Obama is no longer president and now this, this week is shit!

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.47@105 1.37 60’ 10.23@131

Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

Is it too late to get an order in?

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

Does this also apply if the vehicle is running a standalone such as Megasquirt?

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateBanjo View Post
    Is it too late to get an order in?
    No. Get it now and you are grandfathered in.

Mostly stock:
    Open air Cleaner
    52mm TB
    No cat, flowmaster
    Way more mods to come

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BIGROB View Post
    Well shit. Guess I'll have to plan a trip to Houston when I'm ready. But that's probably better anyway. I'm only about 4-1/2 hours away. Thanks for supporting us as longs as you did Ryan.
    I for one am very happy with my canned tune from you
    There is good chance that you can tag along with the Team BrokeCoast NOLA crew for whatever dyno shenanigans go on. I am in the area between Gulfport and Mobile AL frequently, I do several fairly fast Dakotas out that way.
    RYAN/TUNED

Got questions?!? Get the answers ->>> http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...estions-thread
    For fastest response please text or email at ryan@frptuning.com ,please no PM's!!!

Status

You have my money sir! I guess it's time to decide on a wideband. Recommendations from Ryan?

Hello Ryan...don't leave me hanging....

I killed Goose

Status

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinRyan View Post
    There is good chance that you can tag along with the Team BrokeCoast NOLA crew for whatever dyno shenanigans go on. I am in the area between Gulfport and Mobile AL frequently, I do several fairly fast Dakotas out that way.
    Team BrokeCoast? Shit, I'd fit right in. I'm always broke.

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

If it makes you feel any better, the mexiR/T will be going full standalone with the new engine and trans so you won't have to bother with it being annoying anymore

"Bleach Master"

Status

Carbs don't have these issues, just saying.......
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Black Pearl

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SnipeRT View Post
    You have my money sir! I guess it's time to decide on a wideband. Recommendations from Ryan?
    Per the FRP F.A.Q. page...

For the SCT 9550: Innovate Motorsports PN 3832, or 3806

For the SCT 3200: AEM 30-4110 w/ new Bosch 4.9 Sensor
    SCT 9608 Firewire cable, makes install a little easier
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

I killed Goose

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    Carbs don't have these issues, just saying.......
    IMG_0886.JPG

Status

Ordered mine up

I'm in

GPz550 Addict

Status

I'll ask, because I do this when I have a question, go figure. I'll also add that "this might help someone else that doesn't know, or might be thinking the same thing", because this might be the case.

So for some of us that are not racing, or building big stroker motors, but are rebuilding with the addition of a better cam, and a few other mild bolt ons, knowing that even the stock engine could improve with a better "tune", what are our options? Sure we could just run the computer we have (I'm running the Mopar Performance Computer), and drive like we have a 4 cylinder automatic under the hood, but that is not the case. Some of us probably could use one better tune from what we have and that's it.

This is where the "me" comes in. I like to support Ryan and get a tune from him, but I don't plan on driving out to have a dyno tune in your area. I have no plans to do any power adders or go bigger on the stroke, or bigger bore other than 30 or 40 over. I do have dyno's available in my area for tuning, and like my motorcycles, I have and always will tune vehicles for the correct air/fuel along the curves, not chase hp/tq number. Again, I'd like to support a site supporter, and I need to go this route to get it before is goes away, then so be it. I don't care that before I started my rebuild I got about 15 mpg, as I bought an R/T for a reason, not a base model. I just don't have an open account to do all that some of you are doing. If I am recommended to buy, then which one would be for me? If I should e-mail Ryan directly, I can do that as well.

I know this is not my thread, but I am looking for suggestions, not necessarily other options, because that is not what this is about.

Thanks

***Edit***
    I just e-mailed Ryan.
    DRTC #1176

2000 Bright White CC (1/553)
    Dyno'ed 07/05/13 (126,000 Miles) 230 Hp / 308 Tq
    14.6 @ 93 mph (2.18 60 ft.), 4130 lbs.(1/2 tank gas)
    Truck Pictures --> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Clough/Dakota/

1985 Kawasaki GPz550
    2003 SV650S (Race)
    1973 W100 Powerwagon

Mater: I don’t need to know where I’m goin’, I just need to know where I been!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ScojoDak View Post
    Per the FRP F.A.Q. page...

For the SCT 9550: Innovate Motorsports PN 3832, or 3806

For the SCT 3200: AEM 30-4110 w/ new Bosch 4.9 Sensor
    SCT 9608 Firewire cable, makes install a little easier
    D'oh! Thanks. I knew I read all the info, but the "How this stuff works" page on his site is blank. I even looked through a bunch of normal threads, lol. Go figure

Status

Quote Originally Posted by krs1r/t View Post
    First Obama is no longer president and now this, this week is shit!
    You're pathetic.
    RYAN/TUNED

Ryan, I get it and can't blame you for going that route. Thanks for hanging in there with current customers. Does that include any future major modifications for current customers that may require re tuning?
    408, HiPoTek, FRP Tuning, Martin Saine 46re
    12.33 @ 110
    2018 Renegade Raceway Summit Series Sportsman Champion

Question, since the shop is here in Houston, and my truck is going to need a tune. Will I be grandfathered in since its like down the street if I was to ever move out of state or you move as well? Just need to buy a mild cam, HP fuel pump, TB and I'll need def need a Tune just probably not going to have those purchased before you cut off date so why I ask sir.
    Just picture me rollin...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DaProphetMakinDaProfit View Post
    Question, since the shop is here in Houston, and my truck is going to need a tune. Will I be grandfathered in since its like down the street if I was to ever move out of state or you move as well? Just need to buy a mild cam, HP fuel pump, TB and I'll need def need a Tune just probably not going to have those purchased before you cut off date so why I ask sir.
    No. I'm trying to wind down the volume of email tuning for these, so no, I am not doing that. If you're local, come get a dyno tune.
    Last edited by FlyinRyan; 02-16-2017 at 07:48 PM.
    RYAN/TUNED

Status

Quote Originally Posted by mikset View Post
    Ryan, I get it and can't blame you for going that route. Thanks for hanging in there with current customers. Does that include any future major modifications for current customers that may require re tuning?
    Hi Mike, basically if you've bought into it (which you have) , I will continue to be available for custom tuning support. The only thing that will be changing is that after 2/1/17 it will be available only on a case-by-case basis.
    Last edited by FlyinRyan; 02-16-2017 at 07:49 PM.
    RYAN/TUNED

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast