+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who to deal with Mancini / Hughes / Indy

Status

Default Who to deal with Mancini / Hughes / Indy

I was doing some shopping on web. during my searches i hit some forums bad mouthing Hughes and Indy Cylinder , both of them i was planning on spending large sums of Debt on .I'm going to run a stroked 360 LA block and head combo with a 727 and or 904 .Caltrac leaf and traction bar. I was planning on using Hughes for the rotating assembly and a set of Indy aluminum heads ,but after what i read about both of them {bad service,bad parts ,no refund} i'm not so sure. looking at edelbrock victor heads now and Mancini Racing who have done business with before. Any suggestions.Not sure if i want heads without valves or ready to go heads. Wanted to run the 426cid stroker kit from Hughes but not sure i could trust them.

Status

Mancini for the win. I've never dealt with the other 2 and never saw a need to,
    just my opinion and I'm full of them today.
    G-Man
    Edit: if I were to buy Edelbrock heads (which I'm not) I would definitely get them with valves.

#BECAUSERACETRUCK

Status

I bought my eads/cam threw hughes and they turned out sweet. idk why some people bad mouth them so idk?? Dave seems like a good enough guy to me. Everyone will have people that trash their name, doesn't matter if they do the best work around some people will still bash them.

"Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Status

Indy is happy to take your money and then turn their back on you when you need assistance.
    1999 R/C Solar yellow

Status

Richard Nash...He's a vendor on here. Usually cheaper than the other guys and can help answer any questions.

http://stores.hi-potek.com/
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

want more inchs STROKE IT

Status

Chris at www.performanceinjectionequipment.com
    Did a great job on my 429.

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.47@105 1.37 60’ 10.23@131

Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

I cannot make a judgement on any vendors mentioned. All I do know is mans' virtues are written on water, his faults are written in stone.

Status

Mancini all the way.....got all of my stuff for my LA 360 through them....will never go with anyone else

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 5857glendon View Post
    Hi-potek all the way.....got all of my stuff for my LA 360 through them....will never go with anyone else
    Fixed....
    11.27 @ 118.23

Status

I understand people are different and some just can't be helped . Any ideals on aluminum LA heads.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by jeffru6475 View Post
    I understand people are different and some just can't be helped . Any ideals on aluminum LA heads.
    Ideals?
    Deals? Ideas?

11.27 @ 118.23

Status

DO NOT spend any money with Hughes. Dave will take your money, send you shitty parts and then will give abolitely NO customer support. Back a few years ago I spent over 5 grand on parts with him. Went right up to hos shop to see what I wanted to buy. Once I pulled the trigger and sent the money, what I recieved back was not what I was shown. If you want to send me a phone number I would be more than happy to tell you all about my experience dealing with Dave Hughes. My advice is deal with Mancinni, Summit, or Jegs. Great companies with great reputations.
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

Status

I forgot, Richard from Hi-Potek is fantastic to deal with also. Very knowledgeable, and he also makes a wack of cool parts for these trucks with quality that is second to none.
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

make it bigger STROKE IT

Status

Ive dealt with richard at hipotek and he is top notch. Ive dealt with indy and it there was a little more to be desired. Hughes i know alot of people give them a bad rap but i had them fix and port a set of heads and they did a good job and they stock alot of parts that other places dont. I believe richard at hipotek sells some of hughes based products but dont quote me on that.

Forged 408 12.10 @ 111mph under the knife again

Status

Richard @Hipotek is great, I won't use the stuff that comes from Hughes when I can help it.
    I try to avoid Hughes.
    Mancini from what I hear is great.

I used to work at Indy, stay away.

11.09@123

Pay now or pay when it comes home on a flatbed. Sometimes both. Part of the game.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by moparracer89 View Post
    I used to work at Indy, stay away.
    I was waiting.....
    11.27 @ 118.23

Status

It's been a while FWIW, I've dealt with both Hi-potek and Mancini, I highly recommend both of them.
    White 98D SLT+ 5.9, 2.02 R/T Heads, 1:7 RR, IP CAI, MP PCM, PPH Headers, M1, MP Deep Trannie Pan, Detroit in back. T/S Lift, Lookin for more stuff to do LOL!

Status

Mancini who?
    11.27 @ 118.23

Status

Mancini Racing
    White 98D SLT+ 5.9, 2.02 R/T Heads, 1:7 RR, IP CAI, MP PCM, PPH Headers, M1, MP Deep Trannie Pan, Detroit in back. T/S Lift, Lookin for more stuff to do LOL!

---Under Construction---

Status

Richard at hipotek is a great vendor. I bought my rotating assembly from cnc motorsports and was very happy with it. Stay far away from Performance Injection Equipment, a lot of other members have had bad experiences as well as myself.

My R/T build (rebuild) thread

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/...d.php?t=133167
    Quote Originally Posted by 70Cuda383 View Post
    It's an emissions thing. someone, somewhere said that the millions of gallons of gas that evaporate to the atmosphere every year was killing tree frogs on some south african isalnd or some shit, those endangered tree frogs can suck my left nut.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by lilwhitetruck View Post
    Mancini Racing
    Mancini who??

What have they done for the club?
    Not a damn thing.

Status

The OP was just asking for experiences with vendors, I gave mine. That's all. nothing more, nothing less.

Status

I've bought stuff from Richard @HIPOTEK GREAT vender period. I've bought stuff from Mancini, great company as well. I've bought stuff from Hughes, I had good luck but heard horror stories from other. I've heard nothing but terrible things about Indy, but they do make good parts if you know what you want.
    02 QuadCab 3.9 (5spd conversion in progress one day Powerdyne S/C and MS3 tuned)
    91 Excab 390 stroker, One day completed
    2011 Durango Tow pig
    63 Dart One day completed
    13 Challenger R/T

+ Reply to Thread