+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Procharger instructions and parts needed

Status

Default Procharger instructions and parts needed

I'm trying to find instructions on installing the Procharger kit and trying to find a place to buy parts for them.

The kit came installed on my truck, I just think the way the bypass valve was installed is wrong, so trying to find an instruction guide for these kits.

Also, my tensioner is starting to set a little crooked, so trying to find a place that sells parts for these kits.

Status

Call them with the serial number on the head unit, and they will send you an instruction manual for free, or at least they used to. Any parts probably needs to come from them too. I have an extra bypass valve (I think, if I haven't already sold it) if yours is bad.

What is it doing that makes you think the bypass is installed wrong?

2012 Grand Cherokee Limited Wife's car - 4X4, Hemi
    2003 Dakota RT RC, Hughes intake and throttle body, D1SC Procharger, 5-speed
    2009 Challenger RT, 6-speed, sportlines, x-pipe, Dynatech mufflers.

Status

It functions fine, it's just that they had it bypassing back into the air filter tube and I figured it should vent into the atmosphere.

The only part I would like to get is a new tensioner. They only show complete kits on their website, no parts. I may have to just email them

Status

It is actually designed to vent back to the air filter tube. It is fine to vent to atmosphere also though, as I did on mine. I eventually got a "Big Red" Procharger bypass that I have vented to atmosphere, and it is much better than the cheap one that comes with the kits.

Check the bolt on the back of the tensioner to make sure that it hasn't worked loose a little. That will cause it to sit angled. If not, Procharger should sale you a replacement without having to buy the whole kit, but you will need to call or email.

2012 Grand Cherokee Limited Wife's car - 4X4, Hemi
    2003 Dakota RT RC, Hughes intake and throttle body, D1SC Procharger, 5-speed
    2009 Challenger RT, 6-speed, sportlines, x-pipe, Dynatech mufflers.

+ Reply to Thread