+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vortech Supercharger Upgrades HELP!?!

Default Vortech Supercharger Upgrades HELP!?!

Looking for some help guys?!?

I will be starting a full engine build the first of the year, so I know there are some setbacks to the Vortech stock blower kit and the V1. So I’m looking for some help in the right direction.

I have seen a Vortech kit out there offered by a vendor. The question is simple......is it worth it? Or can I do this upgrade on my own for way less money.

Now on to some questions about the stock Vortech kit.
    First off I would like to say that I have a full machine shop at my fingertips, so making these parts aren't a problem at all. It's the help in the right direction from the guys that have been there done that already that I need.

- I know the stock bracket is to thin and needs to be thicker. That's no problem at all, just double the thickness with some billet aluminum. Might even re machine the cast mount as well for the hell of it. Yes, I do know the thicker mount plate will throw the tensioner pulley off, so there for it needs to be set back.

- Is there a need for moving the blower forward and have it run on it's own belt? Like the one being offered in a upgraded kit?

- I have also seen a post on here about a better belt tensioner, but not much more info than that. Can someone please provide some more info on this?

- I have seen some guys running a bigger crack pulley as well. I’m guessing this is for better belt grip and more boost? Where can I get this pulley and what is the belt length needed for this upgrade?

- I know the V1 will fall short, so what blower change is needed ie V2 or ysi?

- Also, I would like to change out the stock Vortech piping, does anyone have any feedback on a BOV that has worked for them. Looking at a progressive BOV.

If I have missed anything please provide some feedback and Thanks for the help.

Status

Mine is about as simple and effective as it gets. No need to move blower,
    You will need to address belt wrap and there are tons of ways to do it, I use a 4" idler pulley on a mustang idler bracket meant for the Vortech.
    I run a bigger 7.5" crank pulley by ASP,
    I run a no A/C bracket and had to trial and error on belt size,
    I run an S-Trim V3 and thats almost the wimpiest out there besides the sc trim. Get an SI trim V-2 or V-3.
    I blocked off the stock blow off valve location with a home made plate and bored a 50mm hole in the side of the stock charge pipe to weld the adapter on for a tial 50mm BOV which is what I run.
    Truck is making somewhere over 550 crank hp if I had to guess..... or whatever it takes to get 119 mph in the 1/4 at 3960 race weight.

Vortech V-3, 52mm TB, EQ Heads, "R/T" Cam, MSaine VB, 2800 Stall, HS 1.7's, 11.6 @ 119 in 1/4

+ Reply to Thread