+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NX plate w/ Airgap

Status

Default NX plate w/ Airgap

Spoke with my tuner, we don't see why it won't work, just wanted some feedback from first hand experience.

First, I apologize if my description isn't up to par, or my terminology is off. I'm still soaking up this forum as much as I can- that being said, I'm in the infancy of learning about these trucks and high performance all together.

I plan to order an Airgap in the next couple of weeks, as well as continue the use of my trusty NX 2bbl plate. Has anyone used the NX plate with the Airgap and it's 2bbl adapter?

Thoughts? Reasons why it will or won't work?

I really appreciate the input!

Status

No reason why it wouldn't work. I think i would look into stepping up to a 4 barrel tb and plate tho.

Status

Okay, that makes sense. will I see a large improvement going to 4bbl, both n/a and spray? I was always under the assumption that i needed heads/cam to see any gains from the 4bbl. On the same token, I have not done my research on the 4bbl swap.

Thanks niebs!

"Bleach Master"

Status

If it is a spray bar plate you will have to notch the center divider in the take manifold, if a perimeter style plate you should be ok but I would do a test spray first to make sure the spray is all going into the intake. Any deflection of the nitrous spray up towards the carb/throttle body IS BAD!
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    If it is a spray bar plate you will have to notch the center divider in the take manifold, if a perimeter style plate you should be ok but I would do a test spray first to make sure the spray is all going into the intake. Any deflection of the nitrous spray up towards the carb/throttle body IS BAD!
    This, I'd worry that a 4bbl plate would be too close to the higher up plenum side

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

WhiteTrash&LiLOrangeFuror

Status

Am I missing something?

I thought the Airgap manifold was a dual plain.
    And, that's a huge no no with nitrous.
    Fu·ror noun \ˈfyu̇r-ˌȯr, -ər\ : an angry or maniacal fit

Black Pearl

Status

Quote Originally Posted by uwntsumrtII View Post
    Am I missing something? I thought the Airgap manifold was a dual plain. And, that's a huge no no with nitrous.
    Not true. Take a look ---> http://www.hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-...ystem-testing/
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

"Bleach Master"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ScojoDak View Post
    It is hard to tell in the pictures, but the dual plane is notched, and yes you can spray a dual plane as long as you have it notched for it.

#BECAUSERACETRUCK

Status

I really cant get my mind around the idea that its a bad idea using as plate on a performance manifold (as long as it's notched). How would a fogger be any better from argument of it doesnt spread across all 8 cylinders evenly. Sorry but im on the spray it team. I am actually going to a plate when i get my airgap.

"Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you"

"Bleach Master"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Slowkoda View Post
    I really cant get my mind around the idea that its a bad idea using as plate on a performance manifold (as long as it's notched). How would a fogger be any better from argument of it doesnt spread across all 8 cylinders evenly. Sorry but im on the spray it team. I am actually going to a plate when i get my airgap.
    Some of your early stock style carb manifolds were really short dual planes and nitrous plates was a bad idea on them. Any aftermarket dual plane won't have an issue just as long as you notch it accordingly.

Status

plates can hit harder as well.

+ Reply to Thread