+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 11.63 @ 119.37

Status

Default 11.63 @ 119.37

Soooo... I haven't been online much at all this year but not because I haven't been tinkering with the truck. Earlier this year I installed a set of EQ heads, 1008 gaskets, ARP bolts, Cloyes timing set, an overdrive crank pulley, and the good ol outdated "R/T" cam. Specson the cam are .458 / .467 lift, 204 / 208 duration, 114 lsa. I drove it like this for a little while with an updated tune to add some fuel. I felt there was more to be had with the combo so I decided to put it on the rollers and get the tune dialed in... First pull made 420 rwhp and ran lean from 5k up so more fuel was added in that area to no avail... The walbro 255 and stock line were maxed out..... So I Finally installed my pieced together fuel system which consisted of Hipotek Billet rails, Walbro 400 pump, Aeromotive Regulator, -8 feed, and the stock fuel line used for the return (pretty much same setup that Cregger has) and added an additional methanol nozzle. Since I didnt get a chance to update the SCT tune, I played with the fuel pressure to get the air fuels close to where I wanted them and felt it was time to hit the track for a base line. Track temps were around 50 degrees and the prep was horrible (Im used to pulling consistent 1.60 60 ft. times).... On top of that I forgot to set my front shocks to soft ..... First run was 11.8 @ 119.12 , next was an 11.7 @ 119.56, and third run was 11.63 @ 119.37 with a 1.72 60ft. Truck was bumping off the limiter going through the traps (6400 limiter) on 27" slicks..... Maybe time for 28's? I have to admit I was very surprised on the mph!! Hoping for one more outing with shocks on soft and better prep.

Last edited by Bang4theBuck; 11-12-2016 at 05:49 PM.

Vortech V-3, 52mm TB, EQ Heads, "R/T" Cam, MSaine VB, 2800 Stall, HS 1.7's, 11.6 @ 119 in 1/4

Status

Nice times. congrats
    Pushrod V-8 Addiction
    98 IB CC owned since 00

Turbo Dakota Junky

Status

Congrats on the new best!!!!!!!
    Duner
    4.7 Turbocharged CC in white - 12's
    5.9 Turbocharged RC in black - 10's

1999 Dodge Dakota R/T RC Turbo: 10.51 @ 130.13 MPH

Status

Congrats! Sounds like fun....
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

Status

Hell Ya!
    Glad to see the work and effort pay off!

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

How much boost are you running, and no inter cooler just meth? Ican see I'll be needing a walboro 450 for sure.

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Osee View Post
    How much boost are you running, and no inter cooler just meth? Ican see I'll be needing a walboro 450 for sure.
    running 13 psi and no intercooler.... just windshield washer fluid

Vortech V-3, 52mm TB, EQ Heads, "R/T" Cam, MSaine VB, 2800 Stall, HS 1.7's, 11.6 @ 119 in 1/4

want more inchs STROKE IT

Status

Very nice Dan. Looking forward to a g2g in the spring
    Are you gonna put it on the rollers again now that you have enough fuel?

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.47@105 1.37 60’ 10.23@131

Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

Status

Bad ass time!

Nice times!!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert
    Nope. No engineers here. We're all just a buncha dum red neck monkeys scratching our asses and flinging poo at each other, wondering why our magnums are slow, expensive, and can't get good MPGs

Status

I still got to come see this truck. Kyle and I always talked about putting my RT up against his Trailblazer SS but never did. He works at a Corvette builder's shop now so I bet he's saving his pennies to make that faster and go up against you.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by AndyZJ View Post
    I still got to come see this truck. Kyle and I always talked about putting my RT up against his Trailblazer SS but never did. He works at a Corvette builder's shop now so I bet he's saving his pennies to make that faster and go up against you.
    Hey Andy! Glad to see you posting!!! Im hoping he puts his money and efforts into getting his sc300 done! That thing is going to rip!! Unless he dumps a few stacks into that TBSS ill always be seeing that in my rear view mirrors! How is yours coming along?

Status

Mine has been a project. I got an M1 2bbl on it and full Spintech 3" exhaust with no cats and mid length headers. Went to have it tuned and the motor didn't hold up lol. Apparently SOMEONE who owned it previous to me didn't do much regular maintenance to it. After 3 pulls on the dyno the oil pressure basically disappeared. Decided to end the session. On the way home it developed a tap, then a rod knock, and then it went boom. Lucky I had a spare 5.9L at my shop and so I put that one in it. Installed a higher volume oil pump and checked the main bearings. All looked beautiful. I know I probably should have done a cam at the same time I had the engine out but I just wanted the damn thing running again and well a cam turns into heads, pistons, bore it out, add a supercharger. The list just grows. So I put the backup motor in and got it running and haven't done anything else to it. Really hardly drive it except maybe once a weekend. Seems to move pretty good. I really wanna take it to the track some time but need to find that time in my busy schedule. That's about it.

Nice runs! If you end up going to a bigger cam, let me know as I would like to buy that RT cam. It is a small cam but that is what I am looking for to go on my daily driver with a Powerdyne (only making 6 lbs boost).
    2000 Dakota, 5.9, 6lb Powerdyne, 13.33@106

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherDodge View Post
    Nice runs! If you end up going to a bigger cam, let me know as I would like to buy that RT cam. It is a small cam but that is what I am looking for to go on my daily driver with a Powerdyne (only making 6 lbs boost).
    They still make it.... https://www.summitracing.com/parts/c...iew/make/dodge

Interesting...but if you want to upgrade to a bigger cam and want to sell, I will buy..
    2000 Dakota, 5.9, 6lb Powerdyne, 13.33@106

Accumulating parts...

Status

Sweet!
    Plan on doing a bar/cage soon?

I SHOULD be in the 11's finally next year. Going to get back at finishing my build this winter.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Status

I know once I install this Detroit tru-trac I will be getting the boot lol. I will be saving for a Martin Saine trans at that point, and sending the supercharger out to get freshened up with a billet SI or T trim wheel (I only have an S trim now). By summer I will be looking for a stock short block to start building up with ARP hardware, forged pistons and good rods and maybe a slightly larger cam (Ill still stay under .500 lift ). I just want to perfect / strengthen the setup. A few of my buddies rent the track a couple times a year so I can get away with out a cage then. Any other time I want to hit the track I can put a larger pulley on to dial it down and have some fun. At 6 foot 4 I fear a cage would make the truck much less enjoyable and I still drive it ALOT! I don't really plan on going too too much faster.....It just costs too much and I like to keep it kinda simple.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by GoFastGray View Post
    Sweet!
    Plan on doing a bar/cage soon?

I SHOULD be in the 11's finally next year. Going to get back at finishing my build this winter.
    It will be good to see your truck back at it and making passes again!

+ Reply to Thread