+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Custom A/W intercooler build.

Just gonna leave this here.
    HTTP://WWW.BRIANESSER.COM
    2000 Dodge Dakota RC, 5.3/4L80e, Twin 69mm, A2W, 2x44mm Gates/50mm BOV, E85, MS3x/Microsquirt

HTTP://WWW.PART-TRACE.COM
    Casting Number Database Project - Over 11,000 Casting, Part #, Engine ID and RPO Numbers

gen III traitor

Status

LOFUCKINGL. The hose clamp haha

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    Part your red sport out and buy a gen 2. Problem solved.

Status

I killed Goose

Status

You sir, have just won the internet.

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

"Bleach Master"

Status

Brian Esser is my NEGRO!!!!!!
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Turbo Dakota Junky

Status

Too friggin' funny Brian!
    Well done!
    Duner
    4.7 Turbocharged CC in white - 12's
    5.9 Turbocharged RC in black - 10's

1999 Dodge Dakota R/T RC Turbo: 10.51 @ 130.13 MPH

Brian if you want it I'll donate a year's membership just for that well played sir!
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Bahaha I'll take it good sir!
    2000 Dodge Dakota RC, 5.3/4L80e, Twin 69mm, A2W, 2x44mm Gates/50mm BOV, E85, MS3x/Microsquirt

Casting Number Database Project - Over 11,000 Casting, Part #, Engine ID and RPO Numbers

You got it man. Paid membership starts December 31st at Midnight
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Status

Bravo Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonesoldier79 View Post
    You got it man. Paid membership starts December 31st at Midnight
    Thank you!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Esser View Post
    I bet that thing sees 230+ degree IATs by the end of a run.
    Not even close. But I give you credit. You may not be able to churn out a running project in 7 years, but sure are good with a keyboard and video camera.
    1999 Dakota LS-swap. Fastest NA 5.9/6.0 full-weight CC. 12.76 at 109.9.
    2000 Durango ZL1 AWD.

You do know I drove this truck for almost 3 years right? lol. Derppp

Just stop, know when you are losing.

Status

Just stop, know when you are losing.
    Losing? Losing what? I've got no skin in the game. I do what I do for my own amusement. If this setup didn't work out, I've wasted a little time and a few dollars. I stop by here periodically to test the knowledge base. Again, for my own amusement.

In the meantime, I have a 600 hp AWD Durango that I drive almost every day. It's fun.
    2000 Durango ZL1 AWD.

Those tiny heater cores combined with your bubba keg are not going to control IAT's anywhere close to what a well designed system will. Especially with that blower and the not so hot intercooler setup already. Those heater cores are highly inefficient and especially on a street driven vehicle with the effects of heat soak and the very nature of superchargers which already have higher IATs versus a turbocharger. But, hey obviously you know more than everyone else. I suspect we will start seeing bubba kegs on 275x cars next season.

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Quote Originally Posted by casias View Post
    Losing? Losing what? I've got no skin in the game. I do what I do for my own amusement. If this setup didn't work out, I've wasted a little time and a few dollars. I stop by here periodically to test the knowledge base. Again, for my own amusement.

In the meantime, I have a 600 hp AWD Durango that I drive almost every day. It's fun.
    My 270hp RWD Dakota is pretty fun too. And it doesn't have a bubba keg under the hood. It also only has one heater core designed to serve its intended purpose. But anyway, make sure you keep some spare zip ties and bubble gum in the glove box from when all those crazy, intense 600hp AWD launches start breaking things. Don't want to end up stranded on the side of the road...

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

Status

Those tiny heater cores combined with your bubba keg are not going to control IAT's anywhere close to what a well designed system will. Especially with that blower and the not so hot intercooler setup already. Those heater cores are highly inefficient and especially on a street driven vehicle with the effects of heat soak and the very nature of superchargers which already have higher IATs versus a turbocharger. But, hey obviously you know more than everyone else. I suspect we will start seeing bubba kegs on 275x cars next season.
    It has worked well for about 3 months in 100 degree Florida heat. Not sure what circle you run in, but I know dozens of people running the LSA on CTS-V, ZL1 and a variety of LS 6.0 engines. They don't seem to have the issue you describe, and neither do I. About the only thing cts-v guys do is change to a ZL1 lid, and both cts-v and ZL1 owners add a reservior. As for the supercharger, I know several pushing 650+ rhwp without issue. So, let's see. Dozens of friends have this supercharger making huge power, I have this supercharger making huge power, and the internet doesn't seem to support your theory. Dunno.
    2000 Durango ZL1 AWD.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Friggin' R/T View Post
    My 270hp RWD Dakota is pretty fun too. And it doesn't have a bubba keg under the hood. It also only has one heater core designed to serve its intended purpose. But anyway, make sure you keep some spare zip ties in the glove box from when all those 600hp AWD launches make the wheels fall off. Don't want to end up stranded on the side of the road...
    Your not as witty as the others.
    2000 Durango ZL1 AWD.

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Quote Originally Posted by casias View Post
    Your not as witty as the others.
    Not really trying to be. This thread has all the comedy one thread can handle.

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

I think what makes it funny is he actually believes he's hot shit. He's the laughing stock of the Dakota world but in his own mind he's a rock star. I gotta give it to him, he never lets reality get in the way of his ego.

I killed Goose

Status

Just want to make everyone aware that the Bubba kegs are available in many festive colors to chose from.

casku523-plum__1 .jpg
    GREEN.jpg
    PINK.jpg

Can I get one in sublime green?

I killed Goose

Status

Can I get one in sublime green?
    Here you go sir.

41Qv+G+kZ1L.jpg

Amazing, put me down for 2 for the twins.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast