+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finally made the MS Leap

Status

Default Finally made the MS Leap

Figured now would be a good time to get going on my first diy ms build. This is just a MSII with usb adapter and some other mod kits. This will just be going on my f150 as a piggy back to the eec-iv. Mostly to just get use to tuning with the tunerstudio so that ill be ready to put a GoldBox the dakota.

SNV32180.JPG

I just asked for tee shirt in the shipping notes and they sent one! Very fast shipping too. Ordered it on the 31st. got it today.

Any updates?
    5.9 swapped, cam, Thorley's, Detroit locker, 4.11's, Cal-tracs, E-fan

Status

Ha no. I had everything setup ready to put it all together and went to turn on my soldering iron, and nothing. I couldn't get it to work. Man I was pissed haha. So now I have to buy anther iron. No big deal. Its just that work has been such a cluster ef that I havn't had the chance to yet. Hopefully next weekend I'll have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by niebs View Post
    Figured now would be a good time to get going on my first diy ms build. This is just a MSII with usb adapter and some other mod kits. This will just be going on my f150 as a piggy back to the eec-iv. Mostly to just get use to tuning with the tunerstudio so that ill be ready to put a GoldBox the dakota.

SNV32180.JPG

I just asked for tee shirt in the shipping notes and they sent one! Very fast shipping too. Ordered it on the 31st. got it today.
    So this is not about the squirts that come after eating something spoiled or poison? I suppose one clue that it's not is that they give you a tee shirt instead of shorts.

Status

lol. No. Thank god. This is a company that lets your build your own computer (or can buy pre assembled for more money)for your vehicle then you can tune it however you want. The one i got is pretty entry level so it doesn't have all the bells and whistles as the other models.
    ... Side note. I finally replaced my soldering iron. Picked up a Weller WES51 so it lets me adjust the wattage, the thing is bad ass. So I started putting the MS together. So much easier then it looks. Is a little time consuming tho.

lol. No. Thank god. This is a company that lets your build your own computer (or can buy pre assembled for more money)for your vehicle then you can tune it however you want. The one i got is pretty entry level so it doesn't have all the bells and whistles as the other models.
    ... Side note. I finally replaced my soldering iron. Picked up a Weller WES51 so it lets me adjust the wattage, the thing is bad ass. So I started putting the MS together. So much easier then it looks. Is a little time consuming tho.
    Well that's pretty neat. How does a tuner guy like Ryan fit into this?

I like free kittens

Status

You become your own tuner guy and guys like Ryan are not needed; but if you're a customer of Ryan's I believe he may be willing to offer advice. He may want a few dollars for his time/consulting though. You'd have to ask him
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

I need to get myself a good soldering iron as well.

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

+ Reply to Thread