+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Steering wheel radio control adapter

I killed Goose

Status

Default Steering wheel radio control adapter

Does anyone know of a steering wheel radio controls adapter that actually works?
    Maybe I have something in my wiring different but I've tried for hours with two different adapters with no luck.
    I have an 03 with the Infinity system and the controls worked with the factory radio so I know the buttons behind the wheel work.

Just wondering if anybody has a suggestion before I order I different one.

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

Status

I've been using a PAC SWI-X in my Dakota since 2001. It allows you to turn your steering wheel controls into an infrared red remote. I programmed it for my Pioneer deck once, and I haven't had to do anything else with it.

I killed Goose

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SnipeRT View Post
    I've been using a PAC SWI-X in my Dakota since 2001. It allows you to turn your steering wheel controls into an infrared red remote. I programmed it for my Pioneer deck once, and I haven't had to do anything else with it.
    Thank! I'll try that one.

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

Status

I just installed an older but still sealed new in the box Raptor Cd/radio in my 99 and I forgot that it had the extra plug for the steering wheel controls. I didn't want to put a lot of money into the sound system because it was already adequate for me just the oem radio was no good. It sucks you have to buy that adapter for the aftermarket cd player. It will cost more than I paid for the radio. The radio has a remote control and sounds so much better with the new speakers and tweeters. But I hate not having the steering wheel controls working. I can't say 100% for sure but when I got this 99 2 years ago it had a Sony aftermarket cd player in it brand new that I now put in my Ranger and I believe when I took it out of the Dakota he had it straight wired. I think the steering wheel controls were working but I can't be sure. Is there no way to tap into the steering wheel controls to the radio harness? Doesn't it just need + and ground?

+ Reply to Thread