+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Opinions on this camshaft please

I killed Goose

Status

The 408 is built and waiting to go in the truck.
    Past two years have been wild, new baby boy, wife is now a stay at home mom and I've spent the past year building my dream shop complete with Bendpak 2 post lift and air conditioning.
    Almost finished and will get back to work on the truck soon.

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

Status

That’s awesome �� congrats on the new baby first of all and also great accomplishments ! More to come ! Get that bush running

Status
    Blog Entries

Slammed R?T cam #'s are perfect except i'd run 11-1 comp plus... You can run 1.5 -1 more comp. with alum heads... .575 lift good #. my opinion..
    unless you want a trailer puller with 3:54 gears ??

Status

Great... keep at it!
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

Quote Originally Posted by packard1 View Post
    ... You can run 1.5 -1 more comp. with alum heads... ..
    :
    That's a statement that has a lot of variables if you meant running these numbers over 11 to 1 cr. Cam size would be critical at this point if wanting to run on the street with these pressures.
    When everything is said and done, there is little to no difference to heat output between cast and aluminum heads at full throttle.
    Stop light to stop light is another story but beyond a drop in dynamic cr for a bunch of reasons, I wouldn't feature having to pour in octane boost or racing gas to go to the lumber yard.
    Some ppl here build serious engines. Many might go in-between or less. That's why it's critical to know what fits the needs of the usage as opposed to extremes.

I would love to have your engine build in my truck. Higher CR makes power pure and simple. But I need to use this thing like a "truck" at times. I would be concerned enough and too scared to plop an engine build like yours ( as much as I love it) in my sled and not have to worry about constant pressures.

Did the 408 go in?????

I killed Goose

Status

Not yet Mike. I was close to getting started on the truck when hurricane Ida came kick our ass in August. Between work and home repairs I've been wide open ever since. I hope to start on it in a few months. If i ever stop getting Covid. I just got over it for the third time! All mild cases thankfully.

I understand, my wife has it now. She has been staying up stairs and I just stayed busy putting on the the intake in the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGROB View Post
    Not yet Mike. I was close to getting started on the truck when hurricane Ida came kick our ass in August. Between work and home repairs I've been wide open ever since. I hope to start on it in a few months. If i ever stop getting Covid. I just got over it for the third time! All mild cases thankfully.
    Is the 408 in?

I killed Goose

Status

Sadly no, not in the truck yet. I was just in the shop last night looking at it still sitting on the engine stand and was kicking myself in the ass. I need to make time to get it swapped soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3