+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nitrous 360 build

#BECAUSERACETRUCK

Status

"Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Quote Originally Posted by Adobedude View Post
    From now on please refer to it as a TV of color. Thanks.
    So wrong Dudy. It is simply a "TV".
    SlowK if you're gonna use clay instead of a dial indicator, spray a little WD 40 on the surfaces first so the clay doesn't stick and have the engine go around at least twice as the cam needs to make one revolution. .80 on intake and .100 on exhaust is kind of a standard. Also, if you are using pistons with relief cuts, don't forget to measure radial clearance or where the apex of the valve curve comes closest to the edge of the relief cut. .50-.60 is what you're looking for here. A machinist rule might come in handy.

#BECAUSERACETRUCK

Status

Quote Originally Posted by arro222 View Post
    So wrong Dudy. It is simply a "TV".
    SlowK if you're gonna use clay instead of a dial indicator, spray a little WD 40 on the surfaces first so the clay doesn't stick and have the engine go around at least twice as the cam needs to make one revolution. .80 on intake and .100 on exhaust is kind of a standard. Also, if you are using pistons with relief cuts, don't forget to measure radial clearance or where the apex of the valve curve comes closest to the edge of the relief cut. .50-.60 is what you're looking for here. A machinist rule might come in handy.
    okay sounds good.

"Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you"

#BECAUSERACETRUCK

Status

Gf just txt me my roller rockers arrived.......time to tell them boss my dog is sick and needs to go to the vet to bad im the shop manager or id do it haha.

#BECAUSERACETRUCK

Status

Rockers went in smooth measured pushrod length and as guessed a 6.950 rod worked good. just ordered some trick flow chromoly pushrods and valve cover.

Black Pearl

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Slowkoda View Post
    Gf just txt me my roller rockers arrived.......time to tell them boss my dog is sick and needs to go to the vet.
    I have done that a few times. Not the vet excuse. I get occasional toothaches if you know what I mean.
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

At any rate Slowk, I'm interested in how this build turns out. It is very similar to one I was considering with the exception being that same cam cut to 112 lsa. Also, you have any work done to your heads or are they remaining stock EQ's? Erroneously or not, I'm not touching the bottom end on mine (truck's too new with only 36K on it) but wanted some compression gain with a deep head shave of .040 or more. Have to see what kind of lift these heads can swallow.

My guess is 360 hp N/A.

#BECAUSERACETRUCK

Status

Right on man ill keep you updated. I just ordered valve cover, intake, and fuel rails and injectors.

#BECAUSERACETRUCK

Status

Intake, and fuel rails are on. Next up i need to trim up the mopar magnum valve covers due to clearance issues with the intake.

Status

#BECAUSERACETRUCK

Status

Huge shoot out to chris at pie btw. Ordered a bunch threw him, shipped out fast and was super friendly.

Status

Huge shoot out to chris at pie btw. Ordered a bunch threw him, shipped out fast and was super friendly.
    Shots fired.....
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Home School Valedictorian

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Adobedude View Post
    Shots fired.....
    How far?

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

"Bleach Master"

Status

I like poontang pie......
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

#BECAUSERACETRUCK

Status

opps haha typo my bad. anyawys motor is in just need to time it, headers, and the trottle body which i thought would be here by now but maybe the big storm out east affected shipping times....anyways ill post some picturtes and hopefully a video of the first start up here to come.

#BECAUSERACETRUCK

Status

Well got everything put back together (evidently not) because im not getting spark. All the grounds look good as far as i can see. New plugs good wires ect. I pulled a plug and held it up to the head, had the gf turn it over and im getting ZERO spark. ANy ideas of were to start? On the plus side its turning over very smooth and sounds good roating just wont fire. any help would be appreciated as always.

Black Pearl

Status

Don't laugh, but is the rotor in the dizzy? Coil wired up? Keep us posted

Status

IAT plugged into the....Nevermind.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

#BECAUSERACETRUCK

Status

Yeah everything seems to be in place but i MUST be missing something..... Ill try to look tonight. Didnt have time yesterday.

Status

is the coil gettign juice?

If it is a spark related problem, determine if it's before the coil or after. I know some MSD installs can fuck up a coil but this should not be evident on a new build. Personally, I prefer a real spark tester. The kind that "lights up" on spark pulse. Other than a bad coil, other things coming to mind are bad crank sensor, cam sensor, fouled cap and or rotor or bad or incorrect coil wire insertion. (actually I'd check this first). Just be methodical and you'll find it.

#BECAUSERACETRUCK

Status

We're is the crank sensor located in the manuals? Top of the passenger side bell housing correct?

Black Pearl

Status

We're is the crank sensor located in the manuals? Top of the passenger side bell housing correct?
    Yes. Just below the cylinder head.

Status

make sure the crank sensor is plugged in. The connector is behind the dizzy.

#BECAUSERACETRUCK

Status

think we found the culprit. Looks like the crank sensor wires got pinched between the bellhousing and firewall (thus cutting all three wires). Putting in a new one today. Ill keep the update coming. Pics to come soon just need to upload them. What site does everyone use? all my phone pictures are too big.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast