+ Reply to Thread

Thread: some thought on customizing after a hit and run.

Default some thought on customizing after a hit and run.

So my r/t sustained damage a few days ago was parked and some one taged it right behind the driver door in the club cab portion of the cab.
    now the dent looks worse than it actually is im gonna pop out what I can for now but am pondering the idea of cutting out a portion of the rear of the cab and adding a 3rd suicide door like on the ram club cabs. I am sure it will be some work and modification considering re-enforcing the cab prior to starting then chopping up a junk yard ram cab and weilding it in directly
    from looking at it, it looks like it may work. probably more work than it would just to pop the dent and bondo or fiberglass probably the latter since it is stronger what i cant straighten out. I will post pics as soon as i sit down and get them. ive been avoiding looking at it

What are your thoughts?

Home School Valedictorian

Status

My thoughts are you will get part way into this and realize you haven't thought it through ending up with a truck that isn't drive-able.

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Status

Did you do a Hillary on your head?
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Status

way more work then you think. Unless you have a lot of forming sheet metal experience... I'ld would give it a shot if you have a spare cab and all that you wouldn't care if its trash afterwards.

no i dont have hillary in my head, but good one. it was just a thought that went through my head and thought i would get some opinions and your right even my wife says are you Nuts what the heck its not worth the headache. lol

+ Reply to Thread