+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Truck Description

Default Truck Description

I'm aware of the "drag times" section of the forum with the brief description of what power adders or not were used and cu. ins. of engine. Is there any section in the forum as a sticky (beyond personal signatures,) that details engine or chassis specs of a particular car along with quarter times?

Status

Any real racing info is just about non existant on this forum...Head on over to the S10 forums, those guys have some serious shit going on.
    The best suspension set up I've received races a 9 second S10 on leafs.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

"Bleach Master"

Status

yellowbullet.com
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Status

^^^ WHAT HE SAID.

Head to the suspension threads.
    11.27 @ 118.23

Status

I read Moparts.com too, but don't dare say "damn", or "Obama".

Bunch of fucking commies running that place.
    11.27 @ 118.23

make it bigger STROKE IT

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Adobedude View Post
    I read Moparts.com too, but don't dare say "damn", or "Obama".

Bunch of fucking commies running that place.
    Obama can suck me

Forged 408 12.10 @ 111mph under the knife again

Gentlemen thank you. That yellow bullet place is liken onion with so many layers. It'll keep me busy for a while. It's unfortunate that our "niche" trucks do not go into particulars. There was a point in my life that we'd just try stuff. This cam, that cam, this cam with 13-1 compression or this cam with 12-1, wedge motors, calliope motors, LeMans stuff from Holman and Moody altered for the quarter mile, preload shackles, alternate shock placement, sodium valves, ad infinitum. As I approach "death age" or the "kill me gene" kicking in, I just want to know junk right away such as why wasn't a W2 type head considered for the R/T if it was considered for the Little Red Wagon?
    I am a complete neophyte as it comes to Mopars and have simply been all over the place looking for info since July. I've bought both Larry Shepard books but the one on the magnum raises more questions than it answers. I love it when Larry gives a breakdown on Mopar parts and states, "this 4400 Lb truck will do 13.7 but "drivability concerns arise". WTH, I thought that what was this miraculous "tuning" was for. Never a word about that.
    A compendium of what others have mapped out of their trucks on this forum would have been extremely helpful with proof of the pudding quarter times right along with it. Magazines simply lie about their outstanding results after the myriad of attempts they never relate about such as an article I found that stated, "We made 129 more hp with just a cam, M1, head and carburetor change on the magnum engine" then go on to relate their 280-290 duration cam had a bit of trouble building 7 lbs of vacuum in this perfectly street able motor.
    Either I'm too ignorant or too old (or a combination) to put two and two together and mostly end up with "Duh...what?" in my brain.

A big "Thank you" to Josh (Madboy) for spending time with me discussing our Dakotas on the phone last week and Adobe when I PM'd him. What is interesting to me is that both he and Adobe (Dave) kind of arrived at a same place in their travels with different tactics. Josh went for compression with a piston change and zero deck with unported R/T heads and Dave didn't touch the bottom but ported his R/T heads. I believe they both broke into the 12's with their combos.
    Last edited by arro222; 08-30-2016 at 01:33 AM.

Status

I made a lot of changes to everything bit the stock bottom end to hit high 12s, and now that's all out the window, but I'm still running pump gas.
    11.27 @ 118.23

+ Reply to Thread