+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Power Seat Unwanted Movement Kit

Lightbulb Power Seat Unwanted Movement Kit

I'm sure guys have experienced this. There's that annoying as all hell front to back slop movement in the power seat. I stumbled upon a fix for this and its a great little kit the guy put together. I installed it several weeks ago and the seat is good again. He's on ebay so here's the link...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dodge-Power-S...JWjr~c&vxp=mtr

Accumulating parts...

Status

Welded my driver power tracks to some viper seats. Never noticed the play on stock seats but notice it on the heavy Vipers. I'll be ordering this for sure! Thanks for the find.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

"Bleach Master"

Status

Good find, will order a kit tonight for my Durango R/T
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Status

I need these for my Durango also. Thanks for posting.
    1999 Dakota LS-swap. Fastest NA 5.9/6.0 full-weight CC. 12.76 at 109.9.
    2000 Durango ZL1 AWD.

Status

Thanks for posting! I have some major slop in my seat. Can't wait to get this fixed.

THANKS!
    '03 Stampede Graphite Metallic Dakota R/T CC

FRP tune, M1 2bbl, HiPoTek 52mm TB, K&N 14" Filter, Headers, Flowmaster duals

I'm glad I could help out with this issue. I've had the seat movement for so long I almost miss it now..... But on second thought, no not really.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggsy72 View Post
    I'm glad I could help out with this issue. I've had the seat movement for so long I almost miss it now..... But on second thought, no not really.
    LOL.! I dread the impending movement every time I come to a stop. Got the kit and will be putting it in today.

Sweet! It's so nice after and very easy to install. The guy does a great job with the kit instructions, that's if you need them

Status

Got the washers installed. It is so freakin nice not to be sliding back and forth now. Stock washers were pretty much disintegrated. Got these put in pretty easily and put on some seat covers while I had the seats out, looks pretty good now and no sliding.

I have four washers for free if anybody wants them. Kit comes with 8 but I only needed 4 and don't imagine they'll ever wear out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    Got the washers installed. It is so freakin nice not to be sliding back and forth now. Stock washers were pretty much disintegrated. Got these put in pretty easily and put on some seat covers while I had the seats out, looks pretty good now and no sliding.

I have four washers for free if anybody wants them. Kit comes with 8 but I only needed 4 and don't imagine they'll ever wear out.
    Good stuff Hatchman. It is so nice now, best investment ever. I too have 4 extra washers if anyone else is looking for some. PM me and I'll mail them off to you for a small fee to cover the road trip.

Whiplash Engine & Machine, FRP Tuned
    Instagram moderator for dakota_rt_club

Status

Good stuff Hatchman. It is so nice now, best investment ever. I too have 4 extra washers if anyone else is looking for some. PM me and I'll mail them off to you for a small fee to cover the road trip.
    Nice truck Wiggsy! I am still getting over not sliding forward every time I come to a stop. Love it! Looked like the stock washers were some kind of rubber? Don't imagine these plastic ones we put in will wear out, like... ever. The guy I bought the truck from told me that there were washers out there to fix it, so glad now that I got it done.

Status

I'm sure guys have experienced this. There's that annoying as all hell front to back slop movement in the power seat. I stumbled upon a fix for this and its a great little kit the guy put together. I installed it several weeks ago and the seat is good again. He's on ebay so here's the link...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dodge-Power-S...JWjr~c&vxp=mtr
    I can testify for wiggsy. This was the first thing i did. Kit is simple and instructions are well written with images. My two cents make sure you dont swap the travel screws. Learned the hard way lol

+ Reply to Thread