+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleaning Dem Twins

Status

Default Cleaning Dem Twins

So I had some free time today. Thought i would pull the twins out and see what I need before the install. These are comp turbos oil-less ceramic triple ball bearing turbos. comp wheel is 60/84mm with an a/r 0.60 housing and a 68/74mm w/ a a/r 0.68 exhaust housing. Not sure if ill use them or not. either way Ill probably send them out to be re built/ bearings re packed.
    SNV32162.JPGSNV32158.JPGSNV32151.JPGSNV32150.JPG
    Ill probably us them and see what kind of numbers they put down them step u if needed.

I would have the bearings gone through by someone other than Comp, Comp has been having some issues here recently.
    HTTP://WWW.BRIANESSER.COM
    2000 Dodge Dakota RC, 5.3/4L80e, Twin 69mm, A2W, 2x44mm Gates/50mm BOV, E85, MS3x/Microsquirt

HTTP://WWW.PART-TRACE.COM
    Casting Number Database Project - Over 11,000 Casting, Part #, Engine ID and RPO Numbers

Status

oh really. hrm, interesting... I was thinking of seeing how much the upgraded chra with the zerk fitting so I could grease them myself will. Who would be a good place to send them to for inspection/rebuild?

Bearded Bastard

Status

Greaseable bearings on a turbo? What manner of wizzardry and black magic is that?

US Army Vet and ASE Certified Automotive Technician

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave the world wondering how you did it!

Status

ha for real. These are oiless, water cooled that uses three sets of ceramic ball bearings that are packed in grease.

Bearded Bastard

Status

wtf. I cant wrap my mind around those working.

US Army Vet and ASE Certified Automotive Technician

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave the world wondering how you did it!

+ Reply to Thread