+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HiPoTek PDC Support Brackets Dakota 1997-2004

This is what I have so far. Have to make the spacers that will go to the 2 bolts that go from brace to fender once done.

Control Center brk sm.jpg

Got Beer?

Status

I plan on leaving mine just like Chad did his.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

gen III traitor

Status

Why not rotate it longways (front to back) and rotate it so it can be mounted directly to the inner fender.

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    Part your red sport out and buy a gen 2. Problem solved.

Supporting Vendor

Status

Why not rotate it longways (front to back) and rotate it so it can be mounted directly to the inner fender.
    I had the same thought about mounting it the what's left of the fender since a leg all the way down to the frame might be alittle too far and look funky. However, I'm not sure I could mock something up properly on my vehicle without tearing everything apart which I don't really want to do. If I could find a PDC box somewhere that I could use for some amount of mock-up on my welding table might help. However, I don't know if the potential sales would be worth all the work of figuring things out, mock-up, trial-and-error, as well as building a fixture for repeatability, etc. A little more thought is required.

gen III traitor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    I had the same thought about mounting it the what's left of the fender since a leg all the way down to the frame might be alittle too far and look funky. However, I'm not sure I could mock something up properly on my vehicle without tearing everything apart which I don't really want to do. If I could find a PDC box somewhere that I could use for some amount of mock-up on my welding table might help. However, I don't know if the potential sales would be worth all the work of figuring things out, mock-up, trial-and-error, as well as building a fixture for repeatability, etc. A little more thought is required.
    It wouldn't be worth it at all. You would have a handful of customers if you're lucky and I don't see how you could mock it up unless you hacked yours or bought a fender.

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    Part your red sport out and buy a gen 2. Problem solved.

Got Beer?

Status

I was thinking of making it in two stages. First the part that actually bolts to the fender and then just welding the flat part to the bracket on the fender. Not sure if that is feasible, not close to my truck right now.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2