+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bigger Sails for the Pirate Ship

Looks like I'm heading down the final stretch now. Got the heads bolted down tonight. Installed and adjusted the HS rockers. Now time to start sealing it up. The vavle covers are on but not torqued, still working on plans for full length baffles and finding the right grommets. Ordered grommets from Summit twice but still no stock or date when I can get them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Status

Did you prime it?
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Mopar M1 It is going to get powdercoated Friday. Probably have it clearcoated to keep the natural look. Hope ya'll ain't getting tired of seeing my pics.
    Haven't mounted the timing cover yet cause I'm still waiting for the chrome bolts to come in. Spent an hour today hand polishing 4 stainless bolts for the fuel rail.

I killed Goose

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateBanjo View Post
    Mopar M1 It is going to get powdercoated Friday. Probably have it clearcoated to keep the natural look. Hope ya'll ain't getting tired of seeing my pics.
    Haven't mounted the timing cover yet cause I'm still waiting for the chrome bolts to come in. Spent an hour today hand polishing 4 stainless bolts for the fuel rail.
    Looking good man
    Keeps the pictures coming.

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

Black Pearl

Status

yes, lookin good
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

Make sure you take a video of your first ride in it after you get your rig put back together. You're going to be smiling from ear to ear
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

More progress. Got my intake clearcoated. The shop I usually I have do my powdercoat was backed up 3 weeks. I remembered another guy just starting up from his home. Called him up and he has really taken off. Moved into a nice large shop at a new location closer to me. I dropped off the intake around 1 pm and he had it ready by 3:30. Done a super nice job too. Outlaws Custom Coatings in Seneca, SC. (near Clemson).

When I got ready to bolt on the intake, found out that the nice shiny 12pt. ARP bolts didn't fit. Turned out to be for big blocks but when I went back to Summit to search for 360 bolt it still gave me the same part #. $40 paper weights I guess. Went to local ACE hardware got stainless hex heads and polished them myself. Problem solved.

Engine mostly complete now. Already pulling the old 318 from the truck. A few odds and ends and clean-up and add accessories. Taking the small brackets and fuel rails to powdercoat this week. Still got a handful of stainless bolts to polish.

Black Pearl

Status

Engine mostly complete now.
    Lookin good mang.

Don't worry guys, I'm not really going to use that dual intake. I've got plans for a K&N extreme.

I killed Goose

Status

Man that looks good.
    If I build mine that pretty I'm afraid it won't make it into the truck. It would become a permanent garage ornament.

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

Yaaaaarrrrggg, soon she'll be sailing full mast, with a course set for pillaging loot from Fords!

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

Status

That looks bad ass ! The duals would work bad ass if you had them running to the grills! Fresh air !

Quote Originally Posted by BIGROB View Post
    become a permanent garage ornament.
    I know exactly what you mean. I've already caught myself wiping fingerprints off with a clean soft rag......

IT IS FINISHED.
    As far as the engine goes this is a finished project. With the exceptions of polishing a handful of stainless bolts and adding the accessories and tightening a few left over loose bolts, it should be time to put on the filter, add oil, and PRIME IT. (in case someone was going to ask me again). The old engine is pretty much ready to be pulled now.... as soon as I can "borrow" my lift back from the neighbors.

Anybody got any suggestions on what to do with the threaded "nub" on the water pump pulley? I'll be running an e-fan when it's finished.
    Last edited by DreadPirateBanjo; 11-22-2016 at 01:43 AM.

Status

Don't worry guys, I'm not really going to use that dual intake. I've got plans for a K&N extreme.
    Ahh why not lol im still using mine not for long though just until rebuild. Your engine is looking top notch good job

Nice work Bob!
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Looks killer dude.

Black Pearl

Status

Anybody got any suggestions on what to do with the threaded "nub" on the water pump pulley? I'll be running an e-fan when it's finished.
    Your motor is lookin good If you look close, you'll see a pointed aluminum shaft cover. Kind of aligned below alt pulley. It was fabbed from aluminum with 3 small set screws 120° apart to tighten on the water pump shaft. Hope this helps.

spals1.jpg
    Last edited by ScojoDak; 11-22-2016 at 09:41 PM. Reason: typo

Status

Looking good !

Status

Looks good. Like the PC'd valve covers. What did this run? Do you have access to a shop that can make the full length baffles? Sorry about the PM snafu, I never re-
    upped my paid membership. Can email me at L3742001@hotmail.com about the baffle template.

'78 Chrysler LeBaron - Gone
    '84 Dodge 600 - Gone
    '96 Dodge Avenger I-4 5 Spd - Gone
    '05 Neon SRT4 - Gone
    '05 Dodge Magnum RT- Gone
    '00 Dak RT- Now in TX
    '12 Challenger SRT8 - Gone
    '16 Charger Scat Pack- Gone
    '22 Ram Rebel 1500

Status

Looking good! Love the PC work, everything looks great!

As for the nub, I'd just shoot wit the some heat resistant black paint, draw attention away from it to all the other great looking parts.
    '03 Stampede Graphite Metallic Dakota R/T CC

FRP tune, M1 2bbl, HiPoTek 52mm TB, K&N 14" Filter, Headers, Flowmaster duals

Hoping to get back to working on my truck soon. Everything came to a quick halt this year. In May Had to go in the hospital for emergency gall bladder removal. Then before i recovered from that ended up in the hospital again to get rid of a 19mm kidney stone.that took care of the month of June. In july had to go back for another shot of lithotripsy to finish busting up what was left of the stone fragments. This past Friday went back for a followup and to finally have the stent removed. Now comes the really hard part. After 2 and a half months of living on a constant diet of pain pills, I am now trying to deal with withdrawal from this stuff. My friends I'm struggling bad. Started with 4 days straight of Morphine every 3 hrs DDDDAAAMMMMMNNNN that shit is GGGOOOODDDD. after that I been riding the oxi codine train all the way up till Friday. It's almost 3am Tuesday and I haven't really slept since Saturday. My body won't shut down and muscles are trembling like a vibrator.That first night I kept looking to see my arms were on fire or if i had bugs crawling on me. I know this will pass but I wish it would hurry the hell up. Think maybe I should have tried to gradually came off the meds instead a sudden stop. Guys send me your mojo to help me through this. Oh well life goes on........

R/T Lives Matter

Status

I know exactly what your going through all to well. I've had three knee surgeries in the last 2-1/2 years. Not little shit either, cadaver bone and cartilage replacements, hardware, every time. Before that I had four elbow surgeries within two years. High dosage every time. When I got off the pain killers I don't think I slept for two or three days. It'll pass just give it time and try to wear yourself out during the day as much as possible. I just started going to the gym for a lot longer lol, then by the time I left I was so exhausted I needed to sleep. Just figure out what works for you the best to keep your mind off it
    99 R/T
    The never ending project

Status

Dreadpiratebanjo & Bowman24. Wow, sorry to hear about your struggles! I live with constant back pain, headaches from 3 fused vertabae in my neck and arthritis in my hands & vertabrae. Most days I wish for stronger pain relief! BUT, after hearing your battle with addiction to meds I consider myself fortunate. I don't really know either of you guys, but will remember you in my thoughts & prayers. Stay the course Dread!
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast