+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where should I get new R/T decals?

Status

Default Where should I get new R/T decals?

Eventhough I've got some more small things to fix. I'm going ahead and gathering up the few parts I need to complete my R/T body restoration. I need a grille, rear bumper, and the R/T decals. My body shop is going to paint the whole truck, grille, and bumper. I have a small corner dent on the rear where it looks like someone got sideways. I guess the grilles always crack down the center and it's hard to find a straight step bumper. I'm going to keep looking because the new one is too much plus it will have to be painted too. I was told the truck has to be stripped all the way down because of the clear coat chipping. It's Solar Yellow and I'm going to get it painted that color again because this is the one I always wanted since they came out. Mine has the blue decals. I see a few different sellers on EBAY offering them for around $20. Has anyone tried those? I'm sure the OEM ones are discontinued even if they aren't all probably getting all of them would be hard. If I get those on EBAY should they be clear coated with the paint or just applied last?

Turbo Dakota Junky

Status

I would NOT suggest trying to clearcoat over Ebay decals. Apply them last - and not until the clear has been on there for awhile.
    Duner
    4.7 Turbocharged CC in white - 12's
    5.9 Turbocharged RC in black - 10's

1999 Dodge Dakota R/T RC Turbo: 10.51 @ 130.13 MPH

Don't clear over the decals. Do it like they did from the factory. Have the truck painted, and buffed, then wait about 3-4 weeks and put your decals on.

+ Reply to Thread