Thread: Okay girls, lets do this.

Status

Default Okay girls, lets do this.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Dako...53703177362799

What do you guys need, a rough list of the good stuff:
    Street scene front bumper cover
    Steel cowl hood
    Gemtop flush mount tonneau
    Shaved box, custom fiberglass fuel door inside bed.
    Gemtop flush mount tonneau
    Shave doors with remote door opening system.
    Alpine alarm system/control box for door openers w/ security display screen and radar detector thingy i never set up.
    Automatic window remote close thingy, activated on remote door lock via alpine system.
    Brass ignition,
    10.5mm live wires,
    Msd 6a
    1.7 Harland sharp roller rockers,
    Pace setter headers,
    Full custom exhaust, 2.5" y to 3" dumped before the axle; borla X1 muffler.
    New reman nv3500hd
    Centreforce dual friction clutch,
    Centreforce throw out bearing,
    Zoom Flywheel
    Hurst short throw shifter,
    Custom drive shaft.
    (All with less then 5,000km.)
    Sct x3 with FRP's m1 tune, and m1 trans delete tune,
    2 full nitrous kits and tons of extras
    Pillar 3 gauge pod,
    Innovate psn-1 all in one gauge kit NEW IN BOX:
    (Bocsh LSU 4.9 wide band,
    bottle pressure,
    window switch,
    shift light,
    af ratio,
    safety nitrous cut off switch,
    w/ serial out to live log. W/ all the sending units and relays.)
    Glow shift fuel pressure gauge,
    Glow shift vacuum gauge,
    Glow shift AFR gauge
    18" Dodge Viper gts rims with billet spacers.
    Tons more i just cant remember it all. Will get more detailed as the truck comes apart

No interweb at my new house yet, so feel free to text for a faster response. 9053258008
    + my phones now also in need of repair, should be fixed tomorrow.
    Last edited by Halkese; 06-20-2016 at 08:20 PM.
    1999 Soler Yeller Zcode RegCab.
    Shaved
    Dropped
    Manual Swapped

Status

Intake sold, Mirrors sold, Ac bracket sold
    Shaved
    Dropped
    Manual Swapped

Status

damn...i sure love that hood

Grill inserts?

11.09@123

Pay now or pay when it comes home on a flatbed. Sometimes both. Part of the game.

Status

whos nitrous kits are they?

GPz550 Addict

Status

Nice truck!

Why do a lot of those that have open element air cleaners run a paper filter? I see this a lot and am just asking, not bashing.
    DRTC #1176

2000 Bright White CC (1/553)
    Dyno'ed 07/05/13 (126,000 Miles) 230 Hp / 308 Tq
    14.6 @ 93 mph (2.18 60 ft.), 4130 lbs.(1/2 tank gas)
    Truck Pictures --> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Clough/Dakota/

1985 Kawasaki GPz550
    2003 SV650S (Race)
    1973 W100 Powerwagon

Mater: I don’t need to know where I’m goin’, I just need to know where I been!

I want the valve covers. How much?

Status

What a shame.
    1999 R/C Solar yellow

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Nice truck!

Why do a lot of those that have open element air cleaners run a paper filter? I see this a lot and am just asking, not bashing.
    Because its cheap.

11.09@123

Pay now or pay when it comes home on a flatbed. Sometimes both. Part of the game.

Status

Grills if some one else doesn't take them , also what nitrous bottles do you have ?

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Nice truck!

I have the same airfilter and i think that everybody is running the paper element because you cannot find the correct size . k&n sells a filter element but its 1 inch smaller in diameter . its really hard to find the correct filter element and the mopar filter element is the correct size

Status

Nx 250 shot and nos 150 shot nitrous kits. 2 10lb nos bottles. Valve covers are $175 with gaskets, edelbrock breathers and pcv.
    Shaved
    Dropped
    Manual Swapped

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    What a shame.
    That's the truth. Unfortunately, can't get pennies for dimes out of these trucks. So this perfectly good custom RT is getting shredded.
    Shaved
    Dropped
    Manual Swapped

Status

I understand but it's still painful.
    1999 R/C Solar yellow

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I understand but it's still painful.
    Understatements of the year.

I had written a big post about this, but deleted it. However, the whole ride home I couldn't stop thinking about it.

It ALWAYS sucks when a cool vehicle is destroyed. It's a crime against all that is good when it is done for no good and purely selfish reasons. To say (as is on the FB link) "I'm tired of fixing it, it's time to move on" <- that's a bizarre mentality to begin with, that shows that the wrong vehicle was purchased. Someone who buys with passion and gets the right vehicle, they will never be able to bear parting with it. At all. It would be like selling a family member.

But to go so far as to destroy a perfectly good vehicle because one might get a few dollars more out of it? That is just fucked up. Fuck posterity/future generations/the world and anyone who would love to experience owning one now or in decades to come, new comers wanting to get their first or old-timers who were forced to part with one in the past and want to reconnect, or people who've always wanted one but never been able to do so for other obligations - destroy it to make a few dollars. That's like saying "I'm tired of feeding my horse, I'm going to sell it to the glue factory" or "tired of walking my dog, going to sell it to a lab for experimentation".

There are always times when just about anything might be seen as inconsequential, but before you know it, it's gone and everyone is lamenting it's loss. There was a time when Deusenbergs were just old cars. Many were crushed for the war effort. Thank the gods that many survived. We would be so much poorer if none did. And no, this isn't the last R/T, but everyone counts. There is a natural death toll afterall from accidents and thefts and such.

Every vehicle you buy that you will eventually sell (every one bought for the wrong reasons or not being the right one) will lose money. I wish people could be bound to a contact when buying performance vehicles, especially American ones which are looked down on by so many, even in America, that they will never scrap them and HAVE to sell them intact, if they really want to sell it.

You know... I'm pretty sure Jay Leno doesn't have a Dakota R/T. There is a car guy that gets it. Ask if he'll buy it to save it. I bet he would. And he would care for it properly and never let it be scrapped for no good reason. Or maybe even get featured on his show, he features stuff he doesn't own a lot. That might raise interest/value.

"Honor the timeless classics"
    "...and remember, don't crush 'em, restore 'em"
    2003 Black CC R/T, 1 of (less than) 376

Status

Well said Bro...
    1999 R/C Solar yellow

Status

preach
    Pushrod V-8 Addiction
    98 IB CC owned since 00

Price on the Hurst shifter and the box?

I killed Goose

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dark(a)RT View Post
    Understatements of the year.

I had written a big post about this, but deleted it. However, the whole ride home I couldn't stop thinking about it.

It ALWAYS sucks when a cool vehicle is destroyed. It's a crime against all that is good when it is done for no good and purely selfish reasons. To say (as is on the FB link) "I'm tired of fixing it, it's time to move on" <- that's a bizarre mentality to begin with, that shows that the wrong vehicle was purchased. Someone who buys with passion and gets the right vehicle, they will never be able to bear parting with it. At all. It would be like selling a family member.

But to go so far as to destroy a perfectly good vehicle because one might get a few dollars more out of it? That is just fucked up. Fuck posterity/future generations/the world and anyone who would love to experience owning one now or in decades to come, new comers wanting to get their first or old-timers who were forced to part with one in the past and want to reconnect, or people who've always wanted one but never been able to do so for other obligations - destroy it to make a few dollars. That's like saying "I'm tired of feeding my horse, I'm going to sell it to the glue factory" or "tired of walking my dog, going to sell it to a lab for experimentation".

There are always times when just about anything might be seen as inconsequential, but before you know it, it's gone and everyone is lamenting it's loss. There was a time when Deusenbergs were just old cars. Many were crushed for the war effort. Thank the gods that many survived. We would be so much poorer if none did. And no, this isn't the last R/T, but everyone counts. There is a natural death toll afterall from accidents and thefts and such.

Every vehicle you buy that you will eventually sell (every one bought for the wrong reasons or not being the right one) will lose money. I wish people could be bound to a contact when buying performance vehicles, especially American ones which are looked down on by so many, even in America, that they will never scrap them and HAVE to sell them intact, if they really want to sell it.

You know... I'm pretty sure Jay Leno doesn't have a Dakota R/T. There is a car guy that gets it. Ask if he'll buy it to save it. I bet he would. And he would care for it properly and never let it be scrapped for no good reason. Or maybe even get featured on his show, he features stuff he doesn't own a lot. That might raise interest/value.

"Honor the timeless classics"
    "...and remember, don't crush 'em, restore 'em"
    This is a little harsh but I got to agree with this dude.

You should try a little harder to find a buyer before gutting it and letting it get turned into beer cans.

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

Status

Interesting rant. You sound very passionate... How about you buy it for $12,000+? (what i have into it) Then go ahead and pay the many additional thousands to have the body done, the subframe replaced, new rubber on the viper rims, and the rest of the random crap it needs finish it up. To maybe get $5000 for it, if you're lucky. Or would you rather, that i send some pretty rare/discontinued/hard to find parts around the community. And send reviving pieces to many different trucks around, that maybe help bring those trucks back to life. Ever heard of organ donors? My truck is simply not worth putting any more money into, so it's time to let die and separate..
    Shaved
    Dropped
    Manual Swapped

DRTC #311

Status

One of the only proper ways to part with these trucks, after you put so much into one, is to sell it at a reputable auction and let the world judge your taste and skill. Another, is to part it out and let its soul live on within the community. Whole or in pieces, your truck is going to somebody that wants it. That feels tons better than taking pennies on the dollar selling to some random private party, knowing all those details are going to end up in a junk yard.

Status

price for the nx kit? are they lightning solenoids?

MP air filter to 29678?

Home School Valedictorian

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Halkese View Post
    Interesting rant. You sound very passionate... How about you buy it for $12,000+? (what i have into it) Then go ahead and pay the many additional thousands to have the body done, the subframe replaced, new rubber on the viper rims, and the rest of the random crap it needs finish it up. To maybe get $5000 for it, if you're lucky. Or would you rather, that i send some pretty rare/discontinued/hard to find parts around the community. And send reviving pieces to many different trucks around, that maybe help bring those trucks back to life. Ever heard of organ donors? My truck is simply not worth putting any more money into, so it's time to let die and separate..

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Quote Originally Posted by Halkese View Post
    If I had the money, I absolutely would rescue it from you. That's why I suggested Leno. Also, it's easy to turn around and claim that it needs a million things to try to justify it after the fact.

What you put into a project is always irrelevant. See the point about every car being a loss (excepting only current collectors items that are already highly valued and going up - and then only so long as the economy allows it). Customs in particular are almost always a loss. We see this play out at Barrett-Jackson all the time. That's just the way it is. It's no justification to destroy something. Again, I cite the horse and dog analogies.

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...l=1#post493650

There's a prime example of my point about those who haven't yet been fortunate enough to find one despite wanting one. Thank god that owner had a heart and didn't want to shred it to squeeze a few pennies. As long as that continues to happen, it won't be long before they are simply gone.

There really needs to be a PETA/ASPCA-type organization for vehicles. Save them from being destroyed needlessly.
    2003 Black CC R/T, 1 of (less than) 376

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast