+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Div 2 meet

Quote Originally Posted by 98kotart View Post
    I'd be interested in a Mini Meet in the NC, SC, GA area. Just recently moved and getting my truck straightened out. (need to make seat brackets for the viper seats and need a new exhaust welded up. I know even cars & coffee are good morning meetings but hard for some people to make it in time. Could always do a Cars & coffee, then an extended chill, BBQ or something. I have plenty of space at my place for a mini meet, but my house is kind of a mess at this point. Maybe August Mini meet? I'm in Greenville, SC and Cars & Coffee is usually the 3rd weekend of the month
    I'm in, just let me know

I'm thinking piggy backing on Mopars with Big Daddy for our D2 Nats and working in a mini meet at Wilkesboro Drag way for those that are more north and west in the division. I was already tasked to reach out to last year's vendors and haven't gotten any responses which is no surprise. This week I will reach out to the Don Garlit museum to see what's what for November and we can do a meet at Wilkesboro any weekend.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Status

Quote Originally Posted by usedandabused02 View Post
    I have only got to hang out with two r/t owners in my neighborhood since ive owned this one and theirs are stock so gets boring quick lol. Id be willing to try anything, ive got AAA now in case i run into any minor issues along the way. Reverse servo piston took a dump on me so once i dig that out and replace it im ready
    I'm in Huntersville, will have to meet up sometime!
    '03 Stampede Graphite Metallic Dakota R/T CC

FRP tune, M1 2bbl, HiPoTek 52mm TB, K&N 14" Filter, Headers, Flowmaster duals

Status

Sounds like a plan and congrats on the r/t i was going to look at it when it was going up for sale but i knew im already head over wallet with this one. If your ever going to buy wheels and sell those please let me know i need another chrome set. I like ccws and vipers but the stock chromes just do it for me personally

Status

Default All mopar

If your worried about attendance just make it an all mopar show and keep the dakota only classes. it would be alot easier to get a track or something to let you put it on then.

I reached out to Donna at Garlits via email for a show and shine November 13th. Haven't heard back yet, but I'm optimistic it will be ago. As Joe suggested we can race on Saturday the 12th at Gainesville then tour Garlit's museum in the AM with a couple hours to polish our trucks for a show and shine starting around 1pm. How's that sound?
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

I heard back from Donna Garlits today. She has to verify her calendar the 13th is open, but it looks like this will probably be a go.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

"Bleach Master"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Lonesoldier79 View Post
    I reached out to Donna at Garlits via email for a show and shine November 13th. Haven't heard back yet, but I'm optimistic it will be ago. As Joe suggested we can race on Saturday the 12th at Gainesville then tour Garlit's museum in the AM with a couple hours to polish our trucks for a show and shine starting around 1pm. How's that sound?
    I'm In, but since I'm in the race event will most likely get canceled.......
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Good news D2. I got a response back today from Donna Garlits and November 13th is a go. She wants to have a call to discuss the details of the show and shine. I can print out ballots from last years Nats and we probably have some goodies leftover from last years Nats we could make small gift bags for those who attend. So now is the main question, who is seriously going to come to this event? I'd like to be able to give her a solid guesstimate as to how many trucks are going to be there. I can think of 5 to 6 trucks I'm sure where be there: Me, Chad, Steve, Brian, Joe, Kimball and Dick. Once I have the final details hashed out with Garlits I will make a post on the FB pages to see if we can get more attendees.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Have to see if we can get Dan, Barry, Tom, Adam, Brandon and Vic to commit as well.

Good news D2. I got a response back today from Donna Garlits and November 13th is a go. She wants to have a call to discuss the details of the show and shine. I can print out ballots from last years Nats and we probably have some goodies leftover from last years Nats we could make small gift bags for those who attend. So now is the main question, who is seriously going to come to this event? I'd like to be able to give her a solid guesstimate as to how many trucks are going to be there. I can think of 5 to 6 trucks I'm sure where be there: Me, Chad, Steve, Brian, Joe, Kimball and Dick. Once I have the final details hashed out with Garlits I will make a post on the FB pages to see if we can get more attendees.
    Not sure I can make it to FLA. But if I can, you know I will.
    Last edited by chase1500; 09-08-2016 at 02:46 AM.

If you have buddies that are members, but don't get on here regularly can you put the word out and have them say yay or nay? The more who show up the merrier
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

"Bleach Master"

Status

I'm banned from dumb book again but for 30 days this time so y'all will have to talk to Brandon and others for me.

Count me in for this event bud

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    I'm banned from dumb book again but for 30 days this time so y'all will have to talk to Brandon and others for me.

Count me in for this event bud
    Haha what did you do this time?
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

"Bleach Master"

Status

Haha what did you do this time?
    My "I'm back bitches" post I made got reported and they gave me a 30 day ban this time, I just got back that same day from my 7 day ban.

I guess I will be doing some house cleaning on my "friend list" when I get back.

Also, will be nice to finally meet you Eric and put a face with the screen name

v14 Mopar Mullet

Status

Did you get Zuck'ed from all of Facebook or were you banned from a group?

v14 Mopar Mullet

Status

Nice work Eric. Being kinda local is there anything you need? Text me.

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    My "I'm back bitches" post I made got reported and they gave me a 30 day ban this time, I just got back that same day from my 7 day ban.

I guess I will be doing some house cleaning on my "friend list" when I get back.

Also, will be nice to finally meet you Eric and put a face with the screen name
    That's some bullshit man........I'm looking forward to meeting you as well.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Quote Originally Posted by Steve '02CC View Post
    Nice work Eric. Being kinda local is there anything you need? Text me.
    depending how far we want to go with this we could look at catering for a Sunday Lunch for the show and shine. Garlits has a picnic area on grounds and suggested the BBQ joint next door or finding a local hotel to block rooms. I'd like to give it two weeks before we lock anything in so we have a better idea of how many people are going to attend.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

I spoke with Donna Garlits today and we are locked in for November 13th for a show and shine. While on the phone she offered to have the man himself "Don Garlits" do a personal tour for us which would give us access to parts of his compound that aren't open to the general public such as two private garages, his engine building room and his restoration shop for the fee of $40 per person. That also includes admission to the museum which normally costs $20 so for an additional 20 we can get to see what others don't get to see and also get pictures with Don and autographs.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Status

I'm working that weekend and am pretty much out of vacation. I'm supposed to have moved into a day staff role but new guy isn't up to speed yet to replace me. There's a chance I will be on days by then and will be able to go but it's up to new fuckin guy to get his shit together by then.
    Pushrod V-8 Addiction
    98 IB CC owned since 00

Status

Wish all the people i talk to in chattanooga and surrounding area would get active on here or on FB. I see people and mention the forum but they never end up on here. Some guy actually stopped by my house the other day. He had a pretty neat red one with cam and heads. Ryan is apparently working with him on a tune but he has too many bugs. Someone else near atlanta did the build and he bought it off him. Told him to get on here but i never see him here or on FB
    Pushrod V-8 Addiction
    98 IB CC owned since 00

I should be there. I'm only about an hour and a half away from Garlits so I should be able to make it there Sunday at the very least. I just put it on my calendar so I'll remember. I'm not on the site much anymore I've got a bunch going on but I'm glad i saw this before it was to late. Also just an FYI a couple weeks after that is the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona I'm planning on that for at least a night, always some type of trouble to get into there.

Status

Too far for me. Having a busted rear end and a dying transmission not helping.
    '03 Stampede Graphite Metallic Dakota R/T CC

FRP tune, M1 2bbl, HiPoTek 52mm TB, K&N 14" Filter, Headers, Flowmaster duals

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast