+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Div 2 meet

Default 2016 Div 2 meet

There has been talk here and there of getting a meet put together, but no forward action taken. I'd like for you all to submit ideas and we can go from there to make something happen. I personally would like to do it in North Florida or South Georgia to maximize participation and would like it to happen in the fall when the temps are more comfortable, so we can enjoy the events more. It's only my opinion and I will help support anything we can decide on as a division. Let's get the ball rolling and make this happen.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

I like free kittens

Status

Don Garlits has his museum down there, and is an honorary member. He may be willing to host a show n shine. He's right off I-75 for easy access too
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

No one with any input except for our Prez? If me or Chad don't hear from you then don't cry when we put something together and you don't like it.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Status

Not sure how I can help but count me in where ever we meet. I can come down early to help. LMK Have some brake parts I need to pick up and skirts from you.
    Dick

Quote Originally Posted by dstoots View Post
    Not sure how I can help but count me in where ever we meet. I can come down early to help. LMK Have some brake parts I need to pick up and skirts from you.
    Dick
    Will do!
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

v14 Mopar Mullet

Status

The Don Harlots get together we had last November was pretty good, is like to do it again, but is it good for a regional meet since it is in central Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve '02CC View Post
    The Don Harlots get together we had last November was pretty good, is like to do it again, but is it good for a regional meet since it is in central Florida?
    I'd be ok with that especially after the weather is a little cooler that time of year.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

What's everyone think about 1/4 drag racing at Gainesville Raceway and Show and Shine at Don Garlit's after taking a tour of his museum. Any other suggestions?
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

v14 Mopar Mullet

Status

Dunno if the track will be open for that on that weekend, but it would be a smart weekend for them to be open. I went there once and the skies opened up and poured a few miles before I got there.

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Lonesoldier79 View Post
    What's everyone think about 1/4 drag racing at Gainesville Raceway and Show and Shine at Don Garlit's after taking a tour of his museum. Any other suggestions?
    Good luck on getting Garlit's to do a show and shine. I honestly don't believe there is enough people interested to even try and approach them on that. Would be silly if only 4 or 5 Dakota's show up. Maybe we should all setup a go to meeting account. Then we can sit in our garages on a designated day and talk about our heaps of metal that enjoy sitting on jack stands and make us broke, or mentally broken.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    Good luck on getting Garlit's to do a show and shine. I honestly don't believe there is enough people interested to even try and approach them on that. Would be silly if only 4 or 5 Dakota's show up. Maybe we should all setup a go to meeting account. Then we can sit in our garages on a designated day and talk about our heaps of metal that enjoy sitting on jack stands and make us broke, or mentally broken.
    Since your in Florida would you attempt to set something with Garlits, We should at least try, that would be a good beginning point.
    Could someone close to the Gainsville track check to see what we can do there?

Quote Originally Posted by dstoots View Post
    Since your in Florida would you attempt to set something with Garlits, We should at least try, that would be a good beginning point.
    Could someone close to the Gainsville track check to see what we can do there?
    Good idea Dick. Negative thinking won't bring any results even if it is telling it like it is. We won't know for sure unless we try right?
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

I can throw together a mini meet for the members in the Carolina's and eastern Tennessee over a weekend here in Wilkesboro. We have the oldest 1/8th mile drag strip in NC and I'm friends with Larry Cleary a very well known and respected racer with a killer shop he'd let us tour. His shop did my body work and paint last winter. He's got a top fuel funny car and lots of classic rides in his show room, not to mention all the other projects he's got going on in the back. Really nice guy and his shop does some awsome builds.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

29th Annual Mopars W/Big Daddy @ Garlits musuem is November 5th 8am until November 6th 5pm.
    http://flacarshows.com/events/event/...rs-wbig-daddy/

Looks like Gainesville Raceway is not open that weekend
    It is open for TNT Saturday November 12th 10am with a Gamblers bracket race however.
    http://gainesvilleraceway.com/apcm/t...ack%20Schedule

Race track Saturday, museum Sunday? (Nov 12-13)
    Mopars for both days? (Nov 5-6)
    Last edited by TurboJoe62; 06-21-2016 at 02:57 PM.

Uncle Tommy

Status

i'm in for mopars with big daddy. was there last year and had a blast.

v14 Mopar Mullet

Status

I'm definitely up for the Garlits show again, and I thin at least we Florida people return if there's interest in doing another Div 2 get together too.

damn I reverted the keyboard back on my phone to an older version to avoid a newly introduced bug and the swipe on this one sucks!

Muscle Of Love

Status

Mmmmm maybe I could sell both my R/T's off at that show.

v14 Mopar Mullet

Status

Mmmmm maybe I could sell both my R/T's off at that show.
    No sir. You cannot sell anything at that show. You are stuck with your trucks forever and ever.

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Steve '02CC View Post
    No sir. You cannot sell anything at that show. You are stuck with your trucks forever and ever.

Best laugh I had in a while. If you drive them everyday, they don't break down.

[QUOTE=Lonesoldier79;503944]I can throw together a mini meet for the members in the Carolina's and eastern Tennessee over a weekend here in Wilkesboro. We have the oldest 1/8th mile drag strip in NC and I'm friends with Larry Cleary a very well known and respected racer with a killer shop he'd let us tour. His shop did my body work and paint last winter. He's got a top fuel funny car and lots of classic rides in his show room, not to mention all the other projects he's got going on in the back. Really nice guy and his shop does some awsome builds.[/QUOI
    I could make it to one in your neck of the woods.

v14 Mopar Mullet

Status

FYI while this doesn't constitute as an official DRTC meet, a few of us in the central Florida area are getting together. Details are sketchy but it might be this weekend possibly Friday night at Orlando Speedworld.

Status

Eric,
    I like the Wilkesboro solution also, doesn't have to be a big deal, just a place where we can get as many as possible. Be nice if cooler as most of us have no AC.

Make it shine!

Status

I'd be interested in a Mini Meet in the NC, SC, GA area. Just recently moved and getting my truck straightened out. (need to make seat brackets for the viper seats and need a new exhaust welded up. I know even cars & coffee are good morning meetings but hard for some people to make it in time. Could always do a Cars & coffee, then an extended chill, BBQ or something. I have plenty of space at my place for a mini meet, but my house is kind of a mess at this point. Maybe August Mini meet? I'm in Greenville, SC and Cars & Coffee is usually the 3rd weekend of the month
    1998 Dakota R/T Flame Red 1 of 93

D.Mc

Status

I have only got to hang out with two r/t owners in my neighborhood since ive owned this one and theirs are stock so gets boring quick lol. Id be willing to try anything, ive got AAA now in case i run into any minor issues along the way. Reverse servo piston took a dump on me so once i dig that out and replace it im ready

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast