+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Seat rails

gen III traitor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BIGROB View Post
    Seats are in my plans but at 6'7" and 327 pounds (and falling, thank you very much) I'm not sure what direction I should go. The side bolsters would probably be too tight for me
    But 6'2" isn't your typical shorty. How are these compared to factory seats? More head and leg room?
    If you're dropping weight then I would wait till you hit a steady weight. I have a 33 waist for what it's worth. The wides are are snug up top but that's most likely due to the gym. Leg room is about the same but headroom seemed a little less before having the base shaved. I highly recommend having the seat base shaved.

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    Part your red sport out and buy a gen 2. Problem solved.

gen III traitor

Status

The clearance between my left leg and the steering wheel is an issue. Does anyone know of a steering wheel spacer or someone that has moved the stock wheel. I'm thinking about moving everything back and making a new shifter.

Mine is an '01 so there wasn't much choice, so I had to make my own. Cut down stock wheel. turned down on lathe, etc, etc.

gen III traitor

Status

What the difference between yours and a 2000? Anyone have pics of how a 2000 steering wheel attaches?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick 660r View Post
    What the difference between yours and a 2000? Anyone have pics of how a 2000 steering wheel attaches?
    Pretty sure 97-00 have splined hubs vs '01+ which have the flat spot. If not mistaken for pre '01 there is a GM/Chevy wheel adapter that fits?

gen III traitor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TurboJoe62 View Post
    Pretty sure 97-00 have splined hubs vs '01+ which have the flat spot. If not mistaken for pre '01 there is a GM/Chevy wheel adapter that fits?
    I'm not looking for an adaptor. I don't have a desire for an aftermarket wheel. Someone on FB said it was a tapered spline. I can make a spacer if I can find a weld in spline insert. I'll probably need both male and female it's it assembled the way I think it is.

Status

I'm thinking about putting Viper seats in my truck, and I was thinking that my left knee to wheel clearance might become an issue too. Hopefully it won't be too bad or I might have to do something like TurboJoe62. That 3rd pedal is fun, but does pose new problems LOL, especially being 6'1 in a RC.

2012 Grand Cherokee Limited Wife's car - 4X4, Hemi
    2003 Dakota RT RC, Hughes intake and throttle body, D1SC Procharger, 5-speed
    2009 Challenger RT, 6-speed, sportlines, x-pipe, Dynatech mufflers.

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 2dakotas View Post
    I'm thinking about putting Viper seats in my truck, and I was thinking that my left knee to wheel clearance might become an issue too. Hopefully it won't be too bad or I might have to do something like TurboJoe62. That 3rd pedal is fun, but does pose new problems LOL, especially being 6'1 in a RC.
    You definitely lose knee to wheel room in an RC with viper seats. Make sure your tilt wheel is functional or you wont have a fun time getting in and out. ask me how I know

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Friggin' R/T View Post
    You definitely lose knee to wheel room in an RC with viper seats. Make sure your tilt wheel is functional or you wont have a fun time getting in and out. ask me how I know
    I do that now with factory seats. I also have a size 13 shoe, so that doesn't help.

*edit Tilt works.

DRTC Member #1146

Status

I do that now with factory seats. I also have a size 13 shoe, so that doesn't help.

*edit Tilt works.
    Yea I've been contemplating buying one of those seat lowering kits off ebay for the viper seats but I don't want to spend $400 or lose the sliding function of the rails

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

Status

Yea I've been contemplating buying one of those seat lowering kits off ebay for the viper seats but I don't want to spend $400 or lose the sliding function of the rails
    How are yours mounted? I have seen a couple different ways to mount them.

gen III traitor

Status

Ah, I could just eliminate the rails not sure how I feel about that.

Status

How often do you guys slide the seats? Tilt yes, but slide?

gen III traitor

Status

Not much once I find a comfortable spot. I would still rather go the steering wheel route and be able to extend my legs.

DRTC Member #1146

Status

How are yours mounted? I have seen a couple different ways to mount them.
    I used the srt4 rails with like 1/4" thick flat stock used to adapt the rail holes to the existing holes in the floor in the back. Just flip the captured nut to the other side of the hole in the front and they like up

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Quote Originally Posted by niebs View Post
    How often do you guys slide the seats? Tilt yes, but slide?
    I really only use the slide to get the seat in and out. Gotta slide them forward to get the back bolts out

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

Status

I really only use the slide to get the seat in and out. Gotta slide them forward to get the back bolts out
    That's a good point. Didn't think about that. Probably the only time I slide mine actually.

gen III traitor

Status

I'm thinking I can use the center section of another wheel and weld a spacer to it. Then I can removed the splined section of my stock wheel and weld it to the spacer. I think it would work judging from Google photos. The nut would be tightening down on the center section of the other wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick 660r View Post
    I'm thinking I can use the center section of another wheel and weld a spacer to it. Then I can removed the splined section of my stock wheel and weld it to the spacer. I think it would work judging from Google photos. The nut would be tightening down on the center section of the other wheel.
    ^^^ This is what I was trying to imply. I mentioned the adapter as you might be able to find a thicker one and just use that. The other thing is you could do what I did and use the quick release hub to another aftermarket wheel. The quick release I used moves wheel back 1.5"?

gen III traitor

Status

I don't want to use harnesses so an aftermarket wheel is not an option. I'll see if I can find a steering wheel at a junk yard in a couple weeks. Are Durango and Ram wheels the same?

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

Rams are different, Durango should be the same or very similar if Chrysler wasn't completely retarded.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3