Thread: Viper/SRT10 Ram tuning

Status

Default Viper/SRT10 Ram tuning

I have been trying for a long time to break into the V10 market, and yesterday I finally got my chance. I was asked by a repeat customer of mine (I had done a M1 flash on his 99 RT) to do a dyno tune on his new 2004 SRT10 6 spd.

I do my tuning down here in Texas at a small shop called ET Motorsports, in Pasadena, TX. It's a hole in the wall, but the dyno doesn't lie. We use a Superflow Dyno, which is comparable to a Mustang dyno

The truck was mostly stock, only modification was a SCT X3 with 93 octane tune from a known calibrator in the Viper community, as well as no cats and dual Magnaflow race mufflers. This thing was LOUD at full boil, by far the loudest truck I've ever dyno'd.

We dyno'd on his existing tune. Made 428/440 officially, I was a little distracted by the exhaust noise so I accidentally ended the pull a little early.
    Stock tune made 415whp.
    I worked some magic, and eked out 450/475 on the first try. AFR was perfect across the board, after doing one more revision/pull to see if it needed more fuel and for consistency, we pulled it off the dyno and the customer went home. (I had already logged part throttle, etc etc). The superflow has an option to correct to Dynojet's HP/TQ calculation, and in doing so, it comes out to 475/502 when you use their formula. (I am only posting this for reference)
    We were able to pick up 10-15 whp across the entire rpm range. The customer sent me a text afterwards indicating that he could feel the difference.

We will be going back to the dyno in a few more weeks with an underdrive pulley, ported intake manifold, and a CAI. Stay tuned! I am hoping for 500 whp.
    Last edited by FlyinRyan; 04-29-2016 at 04:52 PM.
    RYAN/TUNED

Got questions?!? Get the answers ->>> http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...estions-thread
    For fastest response please text or email at ryan@frptuning.com ,please no PM's!!!

Sounds like more website work for me to do

"The journey is more fun than the destination"

Nice job Ryan. I'm going to own one of those trucks someday.

Status

Great now I have to buy a viper.
    HI. I like beer, burnouts, and boobies...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by dakrt23 View Post
    Great now I have to buy a viper.
    May consider Viper truck as a second vehicle after driving/riding in this one.
    RYAN/TUNED

Got questions?!? Get the answers ->>> http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...estions-thread
    For fastest response please text or email at ryan@frptuning.com ,please no PM's!!!

Status

2004 SRT4 Moar Pah Coming DD
    2002 Dakota R/T 12.376@110.84

"Is there any way to make this easier? I'm way confused now. I just tried to post a video, but instead I got my dick caught in the ceiling fan" Wyotech_Cuda440