+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where's the BIG guys at

I killed Goose

Status

Default Where's the BIG guys at

OK, I'm a real big bastard. 6'7" and about 325 pounds. My 2003 R/T extended cab is the same as my 2000 Dakota V6 turd that I drove for 16 years but the R/T has the leather power seats. The power seats feel like they sit higher and don't go back quite as far so I'm not as comfortable. I think I'll add new seats to my project list. Any big dudes gone thru this and care to share what seats they used?
    Something a little lower and can be mounted that extra inch or two to the rear?

And don't say "get a full size truck" I waited 16 years to get my R/T, I'll cut my legs off before get rid of it.

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

Panty Dropper

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BIGROB View Post
    OK, I'm a real big bastard. 6'7" and about 325 pounds. My 2003 R/T extended cab is the same as my 2000 Dakota V6 turd that I drove for 16 years but the R/T has the leather power seats. The power seats feel like they sit higher and don't go back quite as far so I'm not as comfortable. I think I'll add new seats to my project list. Any big dudes gone thru this and care to share what seats they used?

And don't say "get a full size truck" I waited 16 years to get my R/T, I'll cut my legs off before get rid of it.
    you should be able to modify them to mount further back on the rails- I'm 6,6" and was 363 lbs- I am down to 240. regardless I always felt comfortable in my dakota
    Customized from head to toe. Truck Trend Magazine Favorite Show Truck From SEMA 2010, Featured in Truck Trend Mag Feb 2011, Feature Article CarAudio Mag and Featured in CarAudio Mag SEMA booth 2010. Truckin Magazine Full Feature issue 12, 2011 & Truckin Magazine Truck of the Year, Named 2012 Mopar Top Eliminator by Chrysler Corporation, Full feature and interview on Solo Films DVD Inspired Lifestyle. Sponsored by Memphis Car Audio, Tuff Stuff Performance, Taylor Wires, Viar Corp, Continental Tires, K&N, North Star Battery & Monzter MotorSports.

A Custom Truck is not created by how big your wallet is. It's the hands on effort you apply from your own ideas. Only then can it be called Custom-- Dynamic Installs

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

I swapped in srt 4 seats with great success
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 1LoudRT View Post
    you should be able to modify them to mount further back on the rails- I'm 6,6" and was 363 lbs- I am down to 240. regardless I always felt comfortable in my dakota
    After doing my set swap and seeing the mechanism, I think you're right. A person should be able to re-drill holes to locate the seat back farther.
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

Status

I installed Mercedes C230 seats in mine. It took quite a bit of fabrication & welding to center them correctly AND get them to sit low enough. So, I wouldn't suggest Mercedes POWER seats. Just my experience.
    99 DA CC R/T
    12.96 @103
    R/T ported heads

I killed Goose

Status

I should say that I don't really care if they are powered seats. I'd actually prefer manual seats anyway.
    Plan B will be to just move the factory seats backward some but they would still be high.
    If I don't recline the seat way back like a homie my head is knocking on the roof while going down these wonderful south Louisiana roads.

Excuse the ignorance but what exactly are the SRT 4? Is that the Neon SRT4 seats?

2003 Black CC R/T, 1 of (less than) 376

Status

I should say that I don't really care if they are powered seats. I'd actually prefer manual seats anyway.
    Plan B will be to just move the factory seats backward some but they would still be high.
    If I don't recline the seat way back like a homie my head is knocking on the roof while going down these wonderful south Louisiana roads.

Excuse the ignorance but what exactly are the SRT 4? Is that the Neon SRT4 seats?
    You would be correct. There were 2 different styles available, the "Viper inspired" seats and the ABS seats. The ABS seats were only available in 2005 SRT4's. I have an 04 SRT4 and replaced my Viper style seats with the ABS seats. The vinyl on the bolsters tends to wear out fast.
    2004 SRT4 Moar Pah Coming DD
    2002 Dakota R/T 12.376@110.84

"Is there any way to make this easier? I'm way confused now. I just tried to post a video, but instead I got my dick caught in the ceiling fan" Wyotech_Cuda440

I killed Goose

Status

Hightower. Classic.
    I would try that but our back seats are way to narrow for my big ass.

One last ignorant question please. The "Viper" seats I keep seeing in posts. Are those actual Dodge Viper car seats or a brand name?
    I assumed they are seats from the Viper car but a lot of people seem to have them. Wouldn't think those would be east to find.

Status

Yup, real Dodge Viper seats.
    99 DA CC R/T
    12.96 @103
    R/T ported heads

want more inchs STROKE IT

Status

Dan, bangforthebuck
    Could help u

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.47@105 1.37 60’ 10.23@131

Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

Turbo Dakota Junky

Status

You should be happy you aren't trying to fit into a Regular Cab with a rollbar behind the seats.....
    I'm only 6'2" and my shins ride against the dash the entire time I'm in the truck.
    Duner
    4.7 Turbocharged CC in white - 12's
    5.9 Turbocharged RC in black - 10's

1999 Dodge Dakota R/T RC Turbo: 10.51 @ 130.13 MPH

OG DRTC

Status

Hightower. Classic.
    I would try that but our back seats are way to narrow for my big ass.

One last ignorant question please. The "Viper" seats I keep seeing in posts. Are those actual Dodge Viper car seats or a brand name?
    I assumed they are seats from the Viper car but a lot of people seem to have them. Wouldn't think those would be east to find.
    Being a bigger guy you will not like the viper or Srt4 seats. The bolstering on them is more suited to "average" builds or smaller. The Srt8 seats are nice for bigger guys, but sit higher than our stock seats. I'm 6'5" 270 lbs and with my Charger seats in my truck I am comfortsble, they gonback further than stock seats for more leg room, but head room is reduced and I can't wear a helmet at track without leaning seat back further or crouching down in seat.

Status

I don't fit well in the Viper seats either. They dig into my outer thigh, forgot to mention that.
    99 DA CC R/T
    12.96 @103
    R/T ported heads

I killed Goose

Status

I might just swap seats with my 2000 Dakota and recover them to match.
    I took the V6 turd out yesterday, I haven't been driving the old girl since I got the RT and I had forgotten how comfy those seats are.
    After 16 years those seats are perfectly molded to my large ass.

I like free kittens

Status

Swap the seats from truck to truck then! Sounds like an easy win!

I bought some SRT4 seats as well. Mocked them up and decided against them. Couldn't find a comfortable position. A) the bolsters felt too skinny, and B, the curve of the seat back wouldn't let me push them back far enough in my reg cab.

I'm 6'4" but only 220-230
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

I killed Goose

Status

Damn Tom, 6'4" in a RC! I feel for you brother.
    At least I'm not the only big guy driving these small trucks... nice to know I'm not the only crazy one

Status

I purchased a set from cipher automotive. They are only about $350ish shipped and crash tested. They are super comfortable and I decided to bolt the sliders straight to the floor which makes them sit about 2 inches lower than stock. I also have a momo devil (I think thats what its called) steering wheel with adapter and just enough spacer to make the steering wheel sit a little farther away without my knuckles touching the turn signal stalk. I also modified my brake pedal to sit farther away (almost even with the gas pedal) to make stop and go traffic much more comfortable.

Vortech V-3, 52mm TB, EQ Heads, "R/T" Cam, MSaine VB, 2800 Stall, HS 1.7's, 11.6 @ 119 in 1/4

Status

Pretty smart mods right there! Instead of (uncomfortably) living with it, you came up with a way to make it better! Now, where's that bigger hammer!

Quote Originally Posted by Bang4theBuck View Post
    I purchased a set from cipher automotive. They are only about $350ish shipped and crash tested. They are super comfortable and I decided to bolt the sliders straight to the floor which makes them sit about 2 inches lower than stock. I also have a momo devil (I think thats what its called) steering wheel with adapter and just enough spacer to make the steering wheel sit a little farther away without my knuckles touching the turn signal stalk. I also modified my brake pedal to sit farther away (almost even with the gas pedal) to make stop and go traffic much more comfortable.
    99 DA CC R/T
    12.96 @103
    R/T ported heads

+ Reply to Thread