+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have the Hurst Floor Shifter Installed?

Default Anyone have the Hurst Floor Shifter Installed?

Looking for Information and pics on Dakota CC R/T's with the Hurst shifter on the floor... I have an automatic right now and i'm looking to put in a A hurst floor shifter.. Any pics and information on them please let me know.. thanks!
    2003 Flame Red Dakota R/T Club Cab

JMoore

AKA...
    RT360D

i know Brian Neaves here in Lexington, NC has a floor shifter. can't remember which kind it is. i looked on his cardomain site, but he didn't have any pics of the interior. i'll have to call him and get him on this site.

btw, here's his R/T for those interested.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/807729
    Corey L.
    Lexington, NC

My Old 1994 Jeep Wrangler Sahara & My old 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T

Hmm...what next??

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RT360D View Post
    Looking for Information and pics on Dakota CC R/T's with the Hurst shifter on the floor... I have an automatic right now and i'm looking to put in a A hurst floor shifter.. Any pics and information on them please let me know.. thanks!
    Here is a pic of a B&M megs shifter in my old 02 http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/...8&d=1192991679
    Joe Burke
    Concord N.C.
    Blk. 00 CC...sold
    Graphite 02 CC...sold
    R/T less for now!!!

Status

Here's my B&M Hammer Shifter:

Just buy the shifter for a Chrysler 727, and follow the instructions......pretty easy install!
    Rick '01 AF RC and a '04 Ram CTD

More pics if possible, I relaly wanna do this... Also what model or model number do i need, what parts do i need with it as well

JMoore

AKA...
    RT360D

Status

Here's some pics of my Megashifter.Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images

Store Bought!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by chiller2484 View Post
    i know Brian Neaves here in Lexington, NC has a floor shifter. can't remember which kind it is. i looked on his cardomain site, but he didn't have any pics of the interior. i'll have to call him and get him on this site.

btw, here's his R/T for those interested.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/807729
    What happened to that dude?
    Jason Francis

Store Bought!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by tcuillier View Post
    Here's some pics of my Megashifter.Tom
    That's about the cleanest install I've seen yet! Nice work Tom!
    Jason Francis

Status

Thanks Jason,
    It was a real pita to install, but I love it! Only thing I don't like, is that I lost the gear indicator. I don't have a problem knowing what gear I'm in, but Raelene can't drive without the indicator! I'm in the process of installing a Dakota Digital LED shift indicator. Once it's done, it should look pretty much factory. It will have LEDs in the stock shift indicator slots.

Tom

yes very Clean install Looks like factory! thats what i want to do but with the full size center console...

JMoore

AKA...
    RT360D

Status

yes very Clean install Looks like factory! thats what i want to do but with the full size center console...
    That is a full sized center console (std in the 98 &99 R/Ts). I can't remember if the larger console was introduced in 2000 or 2001.

Tom

Store Bought!

Status

Thanks Jason,
    It was a real pita to install, but I love it! Only thing I don't like, is that I lost the gear indicator. I don't have a problem knowing what gear I'm in, but Raelene can't drive without the indicator! I'm in the process of installing a Dakota Digital LED shift indicator. Once it's done, it should look pretty much factory. It will have LEDs in the stock shift indicator slots.

Tom
    What is the deal with that anyway? No where to hook the cable up or?

Should look nice once you get that though.
    Jason Francis

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

That is a full sized center console (std in the 98 &99 R/Ts). I can't remember if the larger console was introduced in 2000 or 2001.

Tom
    Pretty sure its 2000, because i have the humungo one.. i want to take it out.. its just in the way and the lid is broke.. piece of junk.

but anyways

i was looking to do this also. Very nice install guys.

For the guys that do have it, is it in good reach sitting normal in your seat? Or do you have to kinda stretch out to grab it...

DRTC #1064

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BTLFED R/T View Post
    What is the deal with that anyway? No where to hook the cable up or?

Should look nice once you get that though.
    I originally hooked the cable up to the shifter, but it didn't work and it caused a LOT of drag on the shifter. Several people told me it wouldn't work with a floor shift---damn, they were right!

Tom

Status

Quote Originally Posted by User View Post
    Pretty sure its 2000, because i have the humungo one.. i want to take it out.. its just in the way and the lid is broke.. piece of junk.

but anyways

i was looking to do this also. Very nice install guys.

For the guys that do have it, is it in good reach sitting normal in your seat? Or do you have to kinda stretch out to grab it...
    If you go with the Megashifter, don't use the Truck Megashifter. Use the standard Megashifter. The Truck shifter is just a standard shifter with a 2" platform under it, to raise it up. With the platform, the shifter is way too high. The standard shifter is just perfect and your hand falls perfectly on to it.
    Pat Allen (99Dart) used a stock Taurus shifter that turned out REAL nice. See if Pat will post some pics of his installation.

Tom

Status

Man Tom if I send you my centerconsole and a shifter you make it look that nice for me

Troy

Quote Originally Posted by BTLFED R/T View Post
    What happened to that dude?
    he's still around. i talked to him right after christmas. i think something is wrong with his truck, but i can't remember. i'll give him a call.
    Corey L.
    Lexington, NC

My Old 1994 Jeep Wrangler Sahara & My old 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T

Hmm...what next??

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Aves View Post
    Man Tom if I send you my centerconsole and a shifter you make it look that nice for me

Troy
    LOL, I wish it were that easy! Actually, that console insert was sold by Glen Renzoni. I bought that one in late 2004. It was either the last, or one of the last 2 inserts he made. Jody Fryer has the other one. Glen quit offering them due to poor quality control by his vendor that "laid-up" the fiberglass. I'm no ace at working with fiberglass, but I was able to make it fit by cutting it lengthwise and across---adding about 1/2" to the width and 1/4" to the length with glass mat and resin. It was a super pain-in-the-ass, but the finished product looks and works great. I love the Megashifter and the finished console. Only bad thing, is, I lost my cupholders. I'm working on some ideas to get that corrected.

Tom

WEll i have a 2003 rt

JMoore

AKA...
    RT360D

Status

WEll i have a 2003 rt

I like the looks and functionality of the newer consoles a lot. The newer consoles have cuphoders that actually work! In fact, I bought a console out of an '02 Dakota thinking I could make it fit in my '99. Problem is, the transmission hump on the later Dakotas is about twice as wide as my '99, so there was no way to make it work.

Tom

Status

I used the hurst promatic truck shifter.. I like the higher shifter, just my personal preference. I'm going to make a console one of these days for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Status

LOL, I wish it were that easy! Actually, that console insert was sold by Glen Renzoni. I bought that one in late 2004. It was either the last, or one of the last 2 inserts he made. Jody Fryer has the other one. Glen quit offering them due to poor quality control by his vendor that "laid-up" the fiberglass. I'm no ace at working with fiberglass, but I was able to make it fit by cutting it lengthwise and across---adding about 1/2" to the width and 1/4" to the length with glass mat and resin. It was a super pain-in-the-ass, but the finished product looks and works great. I love the Megashifter and the finished console. Only bad thing, is, I lost my cupholders. I'm working on some ideas to get that corrected.

Tom

Well you did a hell of a job. One of the nicest jobs I have seen done.

Troy

Status

Thanks. I still have to give a lot of the credit to Glen Renzoni, it was his concept and product. I could never have built one from scratch.

Tom

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by NICKELEYE_RT View Post
    I used the hurst promatic truck shifter.. I like the higher shifter, just my personal preference. I'm going to make a console one of these days for it.
    Have you raced with this shifter? what features does it have? I like the ol school look of the taller shifter. Dan

Banned

Status

Thanks. I still have to give a lot of the credit to Glen Renzoni, it was his concept and product. I could never have built one from scratch.

Tom
    Real clean setup Tom. Love your truck even more now

One question...when the shifter is in 1st, it doesn't hit the console? I have a Hurst V-Matic 2 in my 00' Durango, and when it's in park its straight up, and in 1st it's about an inch or two away from the center console I made!

Here it is:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast