+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Division 3 summer meet

Marsh Madness

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert View Post
    Yes the dyno is available but not for free. I can ask him how much he'd charge for guys who want to make pulls.
    Get the pilot tuner to come up and hang.
    ~James Marsh
    Marsh Madness Specialties

Speed Cost Money.
    How Fast Do You Want To Go???
    ~Graham Hill

...408 in the works...(waiting on me)

I like free kittens

Status

Working on it. If someone obligates him by paying him tuning time, I'm sure he'll try harder
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 99408kotar/t View Post
    I plan to attend
    Wanna caravan?
    Quote Originally Posted by ironsport1000 View Post
    As long as you dont give me a 3 page diatribe about the dyes that were used to make the tee black and the shrink ratio if you use the high temp setting on your dryer causing the "Joe Dirt" look. Or, the advantages of the use of FOL tees over Beefy tee or the ratio of rayon or polyester to cotton used to make the tees and the sweat retention of both. Or the country that made the tees or the stitch count that hold the sleeves on, or (insert Charlie Brown's teacher here)wawawawa wawa wawa

Status

I'm down for that. Just have to schedule some vacation time for Thursday and Friday.
    Last edited by DakotaNash; 05-05-2016 at 12:57 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot.
    As long as you dont give me a 3 page diatribe about the dyes that were used to make the tee black and the shrink ratio if you use the high temp setting on your dryer causing the "Joe Dirt" look. Or, the advantages of the use of FOL tees over Beefy tee or the ratio of rayon or polyester to cotton used to make the tees and the sweat retention of both. Or the country that made the tees or the stitch count that hold the sleeves on, or (insert Charlie Brown's teacher here)wawawawa wawa wawa

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaNash View Post
    Wanna caravan?
    Yea we can definitely do that depending on when i can leave. I may not be able to leave until thursday after work.
    410, 10.3 comp pistons, P&P Eddies, 254 cam, 30lb injectors, sct tuner, 3800 viper stall, 4:56 yukon gears, hotchkis tvs, m1 4brrl, 58mm f&b tb, 1.7 rr, electric fan, jm longtube headers, B&M hammer shifter, Cope Racing Trans, Viper Brakes, SRT8 Seats, nx wet kit(100 shot)
    best time 11.32 @ 118 1.59 60' on spray(old motor). 11.76@115 n/a(new motor)
    DD 07 SRT8 Charger 12.55@112

Status

I've got vacation time scheduled. I'm in.

Are we going to pick a hotel for all to stay at, or just wing it. The events that I have been to, the time spent in the hotel parking lot seems to be the best part of the meet.

I like free kittens

Status

That's next on my list of things to do. Need to nail down a meeting with a range instructor to see what it would cost us to set up a small shooting match with a few stages on Friday during the day. I think having more structure like that will make for a more organized and "more funner" event than just everyone at a public range shooting a paper. He's a combat arms instructor who teaches all kinds of courses from advanced AR/M4 tactics to CCW courses, but he's also a 2nd shift police officer.

If we do go up to Norwalk Friday night for TnT, it's almost going to require multiple hotel stays, but at the same time, I'm worried that I may have to peel off ahead, return back to the house to grab stuff to take over to Kammer's for Saturday's portion.

I will likely try to find a hotel near my house at least for Thursday night. After we get back from cruising down in Hocking, I can host a dinner/bbq at my house where we can all hang out. Also by trying to centralize the activities around 'home' it will prevent me having to load up a bunch of stuff and haul it all over the place. Guns, Ammo, Grill, Food, etc. and I can pick up/drop off what is needed for that particular day.

I'm 20 minutes outside of the Columbus outer-belt, 2 hours away from Norwalk, and 1 hour away from Dayton. I'm not sure where the range is yet, because he is "fronted" by a gunsmith in town, and their range is obviously not in town. (www.gunenvy.com)

Right now a tentative schedule is:
    Thursday--Cruise around Hocking Hills area. hopefully traffic isn't too congested if we go on a weekday. Hang out Thursday night at my place or a hotel parking lot
    Friday--small shooting match in the morning/early afternoon. TnT at Norwalk Friday night
    Saturday--Show n Shine at Kammer's, hopefully someone will want to run on the dyno, coordinate tuning with Ryan, etc. BBQ some food there, wrap things up around 4 pm. Guys can either hang out Saturday night, or head home, with nothing scheduled Sunday to allow for travel back home for anyone who is coming from 6-10 hours away.
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

Remember to let me know on major food items needed for grill outs. Burgers, chicken, steaks, dogs, brats', etc. That way I can give my brother a heads up.

I like free kittens

Status

Will do.

Ok, I need feedback from everyone. We need a minimum of 10 to make this happen.

Friday, for about 4 hours of range time we can have a private range with an instructor to go over some basic handgun drills. target acquisition, transition from target to target, reloads, clearing malfunctions, some light movement, etc. Obviously everyone is at a different skill level and not everyone has a bunch of gear so these would be very basic drills that anyone with a handgun can do.

We would provide our own ammunition, figure on 200 rounds per person. There are 2 or 3 range guns available but you have to pay for your own ammo. If we all want to shoot the same caliber or the same 2 calibers, we can place a mass order and get a slightly discounted rate on ammo.

Cost would be $50 per person. (figure $80-100 once you pay for ammo)

Is this a go, or is this a no? no whishy washy on this. either you commit and you pay up, or we don't go. we can't afford to have 10 guys say "hell yea man!" and then the day of we get 4 showing up and having to pay the balance of the guys who didn't show.

If you all think you want to do this, reply with a yes. I will work on a final "meet price" and ask that guys start paying. This total meet price will mostly cover this range event, but will also include a few dollars to go back to the club, buy a prize or 2 for the show n shine, etc. Likely looking at around $65-70 total per person for the whole meet. Or we can skip the range idea and do $15 per person.

Once I get an idea of how many guys are serious about showing up, I'll start blocking hotels and getting you guys rates. (Chase, this will also be how I let you know how many people we need to feed Saturday afternoon)
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

Status

I am out for Thursday and Friday for sure. One of the other guys at work has that week off. I am unable to schedule time off that week.
    Gibbs

Default I am putting vacation in and plan on attending

Hello all ny name is josh and am from corydon Indiana I am looking fwd to the outing.
    I plan on attending all days and events.
    For range day I have a 450 busmaster and an ar10 I will bring to shoot.
    I also need some dyno time and tuning help also someone with the ability to set fuel sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert View Post
    Working on it. If someone obligates him by paying him tuning time, I'm sure he'll try harder
    I will pay Ryan for a tune that weekend. I am ordering one anyway he might as well do it in person.
    Lol

I like free kittens

Status

Quote Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
    Hello all ny name is josh and am from corydon Indiana I am looking fwd to the outing.
    I plan on attending all days and events.
    For range day I have a 450 busmaster and an ar10 I will bring to shoot.
    I also need some dyno time and tuning help also someone with the ability to set fuel sync.
    The range day, at this time, is not a "shoot what ever you bring" event. It will be a highly structured classroom and hands-on session with handgun only. we cannot have a bunch of people out on a range with whatever weapons they brought, with no structure or organization. This is in the interest of overall safety and to give everyone the same experience along with some friendly competition.

It's not set in stone yet either. I need 10 people to commit to paying $50 for the 4-hour time block, or we don't do it and find something else instead. The instructor knows his shit, and he's not cheap because of it. (Besides, just over $100 an hour isn't that far out of line for average labor costs, plus targets, plus a couple gun rentals, and range rental, etc)

I may contact a new place in town that has laser tag using realistic weapons and real world scenarios to see what their pricing is. Shooting at paper vs shooting at each other. Real world skills and instruction, vs "call of duty" antics.
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

Status

Quote Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
    Thank you for the heads up on the range day you are absolutely correct I would not want to show up and shoot what you bung surrounded by non second amendment untrained liberal vaginas.
    In light of this with deep I will not be attending your liberal function.
    Best regaurds
    Seriously?

I like free kittens

Status

Wow dude. Kinda sounds like your absence won't affect the outcome of this event at all.

Try showing up to any firearm course with that attitude and watch how quickly they boot your ass off the range.

I'm not setting up a boring ass 'here's 5 lanes, run your target out and have at it' event. We're talking about dynamic situations. Shooting while on the move, shooting at multiple targets, around cover. Ever been to an IPSC or IDPA event? It'll be something like that.

When you're paying a guy to run a pistol class, you don't show up with rifles and then start calling people liberal retard vaginas.

Have a nice day. We'll do just fine without you present.
    Last edited by Filthy Filbert; 05-19-2016 at 05:57 PM.
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

I killed Goose

Status

e31.jpg

Would a division 4 guy be welcome up there ?
    I'd like to try and make it. I promise I'm not a untrained liberal vagina.

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

I like free kittens

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BIGROB View Post
    e31.jpg

everyone is welcome. It's a club event.

Hopefully by the end of said weekend, we will all be trained liberal vaginas.
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

e31.jpg

Let me know when you head north. Might be able to hook up in southern KY.

I killed Goose

Status

Quote Originally Posted by chase1500 View Post
    Let me know when you head north. Might be able to hook up in southern KY.
    Will do man. A Kentucky hillbilly and a Louisiana CoonAss

Will do man. A Kentucky hillbilly and a Louisiana CoonAss
    That's right. And I'm bring the moon shine.

I killed Goose

Status

Well shit. I just checked my work calendar and my second in command has in for vacation all that week.
    I could pull rank but I'm not that big of an asshole.

Was looking forward to meeting some of you guys. I'll have to catch you next time.
    Make sure you posts pictures and details!!!!!

I like free kittens

Status

If I don't see 10 guys saying "yea, I'm ok to spend $100 on a 4 hour range class with lots of 1 on 1 instruction" ($50 for range access, targets, instructor fees, and ~$50 in ammo per shooter) then I'm going to contact the guy and tell him we don't have enough interest, and will try to find something else to do.

Nothing against you guys, but this "untrained liberal vagina" will not sign the club up for an unorganized free-for-all at a public range. Kinda like how you have to pass tech inspection before they let you run at the track vs letting anyone run anything, a range day with a large number of people needs to have organization and structure to it.
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

Status

If i can make it friday im in for the shooting class. I have my indiana ccw permit and am always down for shooting. I wont know if i can get friday off for a little while.
    410, 10.3 comp pistons, P&P Eddies, 254 cam, 30lb injectors, sct tuner, 3800 viper stall, 4:56 yukon gears, hotchkis tvs, m1 4brrl, 58mm f&b tb, 1.7 rr, electric fan, jm longtube headers, B&M hammer shifter, Cope Racing Trans, Viper Brakes, SRT8 Seats, nx wet kit(100 shot)
    best time 11.32 @ 118 1.59 60' on spray(old motor). 11.76@115 n/a(new motor)
    DD 07 SRT8 Charger 12.55@112

I like free kittens

Status

I'm going to pull the plug on a range day due to lack of responses saying they want to snd don't mind the cost.

What is everyone's budget? I will look into a laser tag that uses realistic weapons, go-karts, and a track day at a place with a road course. But, need to know how much you guys are willing to spend.
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast