+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Personal Best, but spinning

Default New Personal Best, but spinning

Went to Rockingham Dragway today for Mopars at the Rock. Set a new personal best for the 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile. But considering last time I ran the 1/4 was before I did any performance upgrades and I was running 15.45, I was expecting a new best, which turned out to be 14.563. My best in the 1/8th today was a 9.160. I haven't had the truck out since I installed HS 1.7 RR, so I expected a new best in the 1/8th as well. I'm happy with the new bests, but I spun at least a little bit in every single race today. I tried lowering tire pressure (started at 18psi and ended at 14) and launching at lower RPM (1700 down to 1300) but I still couldn't get off the line without spinning. My best 60' today was a 2.026, which is ok, but I've been at 1.99 before, and that was before I installed the rockers. I don't know if I wasn't getting the tires hot enough or what, but it was a little frustrating. Anybody have any tips of something I wasn't trying? I run Hoosier QuickTime street slicks by the way. DA's were running around 2650-2700. What should I expect to be running in the 1/4?

Over all it was a pretty good event, rain early kept a lot of people from coming out. I got to meet Lonesoldier79, although it was briefly, and I had a lot of people talk to me about my truck. I red-lit in the 3rd round of Footbrake with a -.012 but I tried to fly the flag for the R/T crowd.
    Attached Images Attached Images

List of mods: Shortie headers, Hughes Airgap Intake, K&N CAI, Hughes 52mm throttle body, HS 1.7rr, SCT tune (hemifever), and Hoosier Quicktimes.

Black Pearl

Status

Nice reaction time
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

Turbo Dakota Junky

Status

Nice Job!!!!!!!!
    Duner
    4.7 Turbocharged CC in white - 12's
    5.9 Turbocharged RC in black - 10's

1999 Dodge Dakota R/T RC Turbo: 10.51 @ 130.13 MPH

Thanks guys

+ Reply to Thread