+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Double din install

Default Double din install

So I wouldn't blow the other post up I figure I would make a new post here for anyone caring to see how I did the install.
    20160313_185456-800x450.jpg
    First I cut out a spot for the unit to fit.
    20160229_184433-768x1365.jpg
    The with it in place I held the bezel in place made marks in the general area and cut out. Every time I cut I refit it back on so as to not cut out too much to save on fiberglass work I would have to do.
    20160312_124040-768x1365.jpg
    Then I taped the faceplate ring in place and fiberglassed in place from the back side. Leaving it a little recessed to help make less work for the body filler.
    20160312_150156-800x450.jpg
    At this point I did my first light wipe with body filler and sanded down by hand with my block kit. Makes getting the edges nice and sharp. If you don't have any a small piece of board or something similar should work fine.
    20160312_172353-800x450.jpg
    Luckily I only had to do another light wipe before blocking it out and sanding the whole bezel by hand with 220 to prep for primer.
    20160313_185303-800x450.jpg
    This is the second coat of primer. Let the first cure over night then light hit with 220 before putting the second on.
    Waiting for it to dry now then I will again hit with 220 before spraying satin black. Since the vents are already out I may go ahead and prime and spray them blue. Will post pics once everything is done and back together.

Panty Dropper

Status

right on- You put in the effort- I hope it holds up good for ya
    Customized from head to toe. Truck Trend Magazine Favorite Show Truck From SEMA 2010, Featured in Truck Trend Mag Feb 2011, Feature Article CarAudio Mag and Featured in CarAudio Mag SEMA booth 2010. Truckin Magazine Full Feature issue 12, 2011 & Truckin Magazine Truck of the Year, Named 2012 Mopar Top Eliminator by Chrysler Corporation, Full feature and interview on Solo Films DVD Inspired Lifestyle. Sponsored by Memphis Car Audio, Tuff Stuff Performance, Taylor Wires, Viar Corp, Continental Tires, K&N, North Star Battery & Monzter MotorSports.

A Custom Truck is not created by how big your wallet is. It's the hands on effort you apply from your own ideas. Only then can it be called Custom-- Dynamic Installs

Thanks man. Only time will tell, if not I'll rip it out and try again. Had some other ideas on how to do it after it was finished, may order another bezel and try just to have a spare in case.

Status

I had issues with fiberglass and bondo adhesion to the plastic. It looked like it bonded, but you could peel it away - it wasn't a chemical bond. They have cool new products out now though that bond, but I haven't played with them. wanna comment on this?

Status

How'd this turn out ? Can I send you a bezel?

+ Reply to Thread