+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what type of tuner should i get ??

Default what type of tuner should i get ??

hello there .. my 98 dakota rt mods are
    headers
    straight pipe
    huges f1 intake
    big gulp throttle body
    cold air

i feel a tune would really help out but im not shure witch would be the most bang for my buck option.... thanks in advance

SCT unless you plan on going stand alone and or tuning it yourself. Fast, Megasquirt and AEM are three standalone options if you go that route, but I highly suggest you look up one of our vendors to do SCT dyno tuning.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

i live in canada so inless someone does it near detroit im probably going to go with another route other then dyno.. if someone can do a sct tune with my mods id do that

Quote Originally Posted by rileymoir94 View Post
    i live in canada so inless someone does it near detroit im probably going to go with another route other then dyno.. if someone can do a sct tune with my mods id do that
    That's no problem. Reach out to FlyinnRyan or PIE. The best way to get a perfect tune is a combination of data logging and dyno tuning. You can set a session up at a dyno in Canada if there is one close enough to you and do it over the phone and email with the tuner. He'll email you a base tune to get you going, then after each hit on the dyno you send him the data. He then writes a revision and sends it to you via email. Take that file, load it into the SCT device with a computer and then load the tune into your PCM. Make a hit on the dyno and repeat.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

ahh damn seems like alot of work for a street truck.. i just want a 91 octane tune and im not shure how much gains i would get from it

Quote Originally Posted by rileymoir94 View Post
    ahh damn seems like alot of work for a street truck.. i just want a 91 octane tune and im not shure how much gains i would get from it
    They can do canned tunes based on your mods. Chances are they already have previous tunes written that would do you good.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

+ Reply to Thread