+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soliciting T-shirt Design

I like free kittens

Status

Default Soliciting T-shirt Design

This year's summer theme is "grass roots gatherings" as we encourage each division to host their own get together to try and entice more folks to get out and participate in local events and get to know who lives near them.

With that, Let's see what you guys can come up with. We're looking for T-shirt designs that show a unified nationwide DRTC. Designs to be submitted in this thread, and will be voted on by the members. Please make your submissions by the end of March. Thanks!
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

I like free kittens

Status

is anyone working on anything?
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

I would like to have some shirts with the banner logo on them. I know that's off subject, sorry.

The Stig's Americn Cousin

Status

maybe something like this (obviously super rough)grass roots.jpg
    1 of 135
    '98 IB CC -14.699 @ 92.04 HP-223+ TQ-302+
    K&N FIPK - Custom true duals - DUI ignition system-T56

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

DRTC Member #1146

Status

I was working on something but it ended up looking way crappier than I had wanted

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

I like free kittens

Status

Keep plugging at them. doesn't have to be a picture/image. could just be text/simply logo, etc.
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

The Stig's Americn Cousin

Status

Can I get a hi res version of the Dakota out line
    1 of 135
    '98 IB CC -14.699 @ 92.04 HP-223+ TQ-302+
    K&N FIPK - Custom true duals - DUI ignition system-T56

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

I like free kittens

Status

shoot Todd a PM, I thin he has the file from the banners he had made.
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

Muscle Of Love

Status

Shoot we just need different designed Dakota R/T T-shirts that can be sold. Plenty of car forums do it to help raise money for the page up keep.

I like free kittens

Status

We've been discussing that. you may have seen mention of different "swag" to go with your paid membership. Those of us on the exec board are growing tired of getting the same exact black and red t-shirt every year with our renewals. we all have several of the same shirts, thus the ideas of an annual edition Tshirt every year, or frosted beer mugs, or key chains/bottle openers, or...

but, the benefit to the same exact T-shirt is that it's cheaper by the dozen.
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert View Post
    We've been discussing that. you may have seen mention of different "swag" to go with your paid membership. Those of us on the exec board are growing tired of getting the same exact black and red t-shirt every year with our renewals. we all have several of the same shirts, thus the ideas of an annual edition Tshirt every year, or frosted beer mugs, or key chains/bottle openers, or...

but, the benefit to the same exact T-shirt is that it's cheaper by the dozen.
    You said beer mug. I love you now.

I like free kittens

Status

Ok, forego a national 'grass roots mini meet' shirt this year? I'm no graphic artist and am seeking help on this. If you guys don't want a shirt to go with this summers meets, then we won't pursue this any further.

Which divisions are still planning on hosting an event?

Division 1 pulled their event and is not doing anything.
    Division 3 is still planning a 3 day event in the ohio area.
    anyone else?

Members, if your reps aren't planning anything, ask them why. If they are too busy or need help, offer to step up and help out. This club depends on participation and if you guys are just here for a free internet forum and nobody steps up to take on roles, then there won't be much of a club left. Don't be intimidated about trying to plan an event. The idea here was to not have a huge formal event that only a handful can make it to, but a grassroots, down and dirty get the trucks out and hang out with each other. You don't have to have a show event with prizes. you don't have to have an organized race event. Get your trucks out, get to know each other from your neck of the country, and enjoy these trucks!
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

OG DRTC

Status

Still trying to get something going for Div 5. Even if it's just a add on bracket race at local 1/8th mile, or a hang out at an existing car show. Maybe just meet up and cruise. But like you said, it takes participation. I can set something up but if people don't step up and at least say they at least want to come, then it's not going to be much. Shoot, we threw together a dinner meet in Feb on short notice and got a handful of people to show up.

From what I've found over the years, the best thing to do is to just set a date/time, and location. Let people know. If they want to come, they will show up. If not, then oh well, you tried, and the ones who did show up will still have a good time hanging out. But if you plan something, you need to take time to keep the dates fresh in peoples minds. Like bumping the thread every so often.

Status

Tucson Dragway formerly known as SIR has club days. It would be easy to have a get together.
    1999 R/C Solar yellow

I tried to set up a GTG last weekend and only one other person besides me showed up. Farmington on May 7th is another opportunity and Chad has mentioned 2 other possible GTG'S in May. Div 2 reps aren't slacking.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

+ Reply to Thread