+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Mega Mopars at the Rock April 2nd

Default 2016 Mega Mopars at the Rock April 2nd

So who's going? I've already reached out to the track to see if we can get our normal space along the fence to park our trucks. I will be there racing and hope to see some of you.

http://www.rockinghamdragway.com

Members attending:

Lonesoldier79

CNTHOOK

Chase1500

junstintrent

Dstoots
    Last edited by Lonesoldier79; 03-28-2016 at 10:13 PM.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Status

Umm...I can't make it. sorry...
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

Status

99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

I doubt I'll be able to make it with my r/t but I plan on driving up for the weekend anyways.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert
    Nope. No engineers here. We're all just a buncha dum red neck monkeys scratching our asses and flinging poo at each other, wondering why our magnums are slow, expensive, and can't get good MPGs

I might come down for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by chase1500 View Post
    I might come down for the day.
    I hope to see you there Chase

I just got a response back from Steve Earwood with the dragway and we have our spot locked in along the fence. When you come through the gate we will be parking along the fence to the right side.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Only 4 weeks away. Anyone else planning on attending?
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Got Beer?

Status

I will not be making it this year, just a bit too far for me.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

I might come down on Friday night.

I might come down on Friday night.
    I hope you do. My wife convinced the inlaws to watch all our kids that weekend, so we'll be staying in town Friday night.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Quote Originally Posted by Lonesoldier79 View Post
    I hope you do. My wife convinced the inlaws to watch all our kids that weekend, so we'll be staying in town Friday night.
    Sounds good. Trying to get trans rebuilt and new 2800 stall put in.

I feel ya man....expensive hobby we got huh I think I'm coming down with a case of Todditis.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

12 days out. Anyone else planning on showing up?
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

I've got everything for a complete front end overhaul sitting on the work bench. Trying to decide if I want to do it before I come down or after.

I've got everything for a complete front end overhaul sitting on the work bench. Trying to decide if I want to do it before I come down or after.
    Do it. You'll enjoy the ride down more.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Come on D2 there has got to be more than 4 people willing to have a good time and rep the club. 7 days and a wake up until Mega Mopar action!
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Muscle Of Love

Status

Sorry buddy, just not in the cards to make that trip right now. Between getting the club cab ready to run again, and looking for work. Maybe next time, post pictures up of the show.

I'm planning on bringing my truck and racing. Not planning on entering the "show" part of it though. Maybe I can squeeze in beside you guys.

You're more than welcome. When you first get inside the gate, we'll be parked along the fence on the right. See you there
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

I'm pretty excited for this event. Haven't been racing since May of last year where I finished 2nd at the Mopar Fun Run at Farmington Dragway. I red-lit in the finals with a -.006 , I also finished 2nd a few years back at the Mopar Thunder event at Bristol Dragway when I broke out by .003 Maybe I'll finish 2nd here and have the 2nd place tri-fecta!!!

We have rain in the forcast, but I hope it holds off I've been waiting 6 months to hit the 1/4 mile again to try and get a 10 second pass.
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Dang it, I was gonna set my new personal best as well. Been a while since I've ran 1/4 mile. I just recently put some HS 1.7 RR on and wanted to see how my 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile improves. Says the rain is going to just be early AM, maybe it'll move out. The rain Thursday and Friday won't help much either. I'll make sure I do a "no rain" dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonesoldier79 View Post
    We have rain in the forcast, but I hope it holds off I've been waiting 6 months to hit the 1/4 mile again to try and get a 10 second pass.
    Supposed to rain here all day Friday thru Saturday morning. If it does, I'm out. Pisses me off.

Yeah, it's not looking good right now.

Not sure how I feel about this. From the Rockingham Dragway website:

ROCKINGHAM – In a bid to accommodate racers idled by the cancellation of this weekend’s scheduled IHRA Southeast ET Finals, Rockingham Dragway owner Steve Earwood has expanded the program for the 25th annual Mopars at the Rock to include a Mopars versus the World Top ET and Footbrake Shootout open to all makes.

With a minimum of 32 entries, Top ET will pay $1,200 to win with $400 runner-up money, $100 to semifinal losers and $35 to quarterfinal losers. The purse for the Footbrake class is $750 to win, $250 runner-up, $50 to semifinal losers and $25 to quarterfinal losers. Buybacks available in either the first or second round.

Adult admission to the expanded Griffin Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram event is $20. Children under 12 are free when accompanied by a ticketed adult and parking is free in Rockingham’s main lot. Tech cards are an additional $35 in Top ET, $25 in Footbrake and $10 in the special Trophy class.
    The remainder of the program, including the Super Stock Hemi Shootout, Rockingham resident Terry Rosberg’s jet-powered 1941 Willys, the all-Chrysler car-and-truck show and swap meet, will run as scheduled.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast