+ Reply to Thread

Thread: paint and Moparownersconnect.com wtf

Status

Default paint and Moparownersconnect.com wtf

ok i need one of you paint guys to tell me something,why does dodge tell me that my trucks paint color is atlantic blue pearl (pbj) and it is,but the touch up color is hydro blue pearl? to me they appear comppletely different

Status

I would take the paint code to a paint shop and have them make a sample and give it a spray on a scrap piece of metal. See how it compares in the sun. They may have just renamed the paint code over the years for newer cars.

Status

Im not so sure,i pulled up some info and it looks like a 2014 jeep wrangler color and from the pictures ive seen so far thats not a match..but im gonna do some digging and see what i can find out

OG DRTC

Status

Where did you by the touch up paint from?

Status

Chrysler uses the same paint codes for a lot of years, always important when getting paint that the code and the year match, pbj was probably a different color in different years, could be a poorly mixed batch too.. also doesn't always look the same when dried, I always try multiple test pieces and start in an inconspicuous area that you cant see well
    1995 Dakota Club Cab, 408, 5spd, 8 3/4 rear end

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hskr View Post
    Where did you by the touch up paint from?
    I havent actually bought it yet,just checking around online.after a little more digging ,i did find out that,according to www.automotivetouchup.dot com ,they are the same color

Status

you could also take it to a paint shop and having them hit your truck with there "magic" gun and it'll say exactly whats left in your paint (fade included). Then they can match it exactly.

X2, that's what I do when I can't find a cheap match off the shelf. There is an autobody supply house a mile from my house and I just drive over and he points his gun on a spot that I cleaned and waxed and the match is usually great. For $20.00 you get a whole can you can use for all kinds of paint repair. I just spray some in a cup if I am touching little rock chips etc.

+ Reply to Thread