+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: EPA is going after modding ANY and ALL cars for racing

Status

Default EPA is going after modding ANY and ALL cars for racing

https://www.sema.org/news/2016/02/08...-into-racecars

Sign the petition here, don't take this lightly, EPA shut down the entire coal Industry.

Scroll down....
    Last edited by Adobedude; 02-09-2016 at 03:42 PM.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Status

Sorry Dave, petition doesn't come up. I even searched it, didn't find it.
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

Status

I signed it
    1995 Dakota Club Cab, 408, 5spd, 8 3/4 rear end

Need to get a good YT video on it. All I could find was this, there's multiple people talking in parts and the audio is really poor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-4lA1VMdMA

Hopefully someone, if not one of the big car channels, then perhaps someone here, can make a good video that will get enough traction to start popping up in suggestion lists.

Meantime, any of you guys o twitter and facebook? (I'm not, never had any desire for any of that crap) Try getting this trending and link chained. They wanted it snuck through quietly, need to make some noise. A petition isn't enough.
    2003 Black CC R/T, 1 of (less than) 376

I just posted to the discussion section of Jay Leno's Garage and Regular Car Reviews asking each to make a video and join the fight. And also posted the link in the OP to Fast Lane Daily's YT discussion page. Those seem to be read sections, so hopefully more will grow from this.

More is always better.

Status

Elections have consequences...
    11.27 @ 118.23

Status

Download the PDf and scroll to page 862

EDIT: Link fail.....Here's what is says

EPA is proposing in 40 CFR 1037.601(a)(3) to clarify that the Clean Air Act
    does not allow any person to disable, remove, or render inoperative (i.e., tamper with) emission
    controls on a certified motor vehicle for purposes of competition

So there ya go.....Thanks Obama voters, you own this. Next time fucking pay attention.
    Last edited by Adobedude; 02-09-2016 at 05:54 PM.
    11.27 @ 118.23

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Signed it

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

v14 Mopar Mullet

Status

If anyone thinks the EPA would propose such a law to protect the environment you are sadly mistaken. It's all about acquiring power through guilt by exploiting the ignorance of the public. Not only do I believe petitions will be ineffective, I believe they will be counterproductive because it will tell the authoritarian assholes in that corrupt bureaucracy that they are succeeding in bullying the public. I believe the most effective petition is the one that will happen in November so do it wisely because... well, what Dave said.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve '02CC View Post
    If anyone thinks the EPA would propose such a law to protect the environment you are sadly mistaken. It's all about acquiring power through guilt by exploiting the ignorance of the public. Not only do I believe petitions will be ineffective, I believe they will be counterproductive because it will tell the authoritarian assholes in that corrupt bureaucracy that they are succeeding in bullying the public. I believe the most effective petition is the one that will happen in November so do it wisely because... well, what Dave said.
    Its not just cars - but everything - auto paints - coal - guns .... the obama crew is getting their way. And it will get to a point where it cant get undone. Its also interesting that the EPA bought tons of military style weapons and hired a "police" force. Dafuq? Building a small army much? A short list of notable purchases.
    $1.4 million for “guns up to 300mm.”
    $380,000 for “ammunition.”
    $210,000 for “camouflage and other deceptive equipment.”
    $208,000 for “radar and night-vision equipment.”
    $31,000 for “armament training devices.”

The list goes on......

Again its the communist way of thinking - I am not allowed to have it but the gov't is. Well I can only hope in november the liberal assholes get a big FUCK YOU! As soon as life is no fun for people they might have a bigger problem than modified cars to deal with....

"The journey is more fun than the destination"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve '02CC View Post
    Much as it is about power, it's also about crony-ism. That video I posted offered an interesting take. It goes into attacking more than just emissions equipment, it can lead to basically anything to do with DIY work, which smacks of corporate interests wanting to drive up their repair and part sales, and possibly even enforce more frequent product turn-over.

I think you're right about petitions being worthless. Historically they always are. And with this administration in particular they are. Only way for it not to me is if it's politically expedient for them. Only way for that to happen is if it's well known. And there-in lies the rub with a petition. The mass public will never know about it. It can be swept under a rug. (and they also know more about you, personally too)

This is why I'm advocating for YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook. Get the word out, loudly, down many channels and avenues. Make sure everyone knows about it. The car guys who might not read this forum, the people who sympathize with us, the people who are tired of bureaucratic overreach, and technically being unconstitutional form of "legislation".... Signing a petition just won't get it done. SEMA alone won't get it done. This website won't get it done. Not in isolation. Spam the hell out of this, get compelling videos that are pleasant to watch to have something that can 'go viral'. (youtube will offer popular enough videos as suggestions to others with related past viewing or subscriptions, if it gets big enough it can even cross over into the "popular now" mainstream area. That is probably a tall order here, but, we can at least get it to work for us to spread the word to like minds. I don't have the equipment to do it. More idea would be for all the car channels to carry it in unison, that's why I'm writing to them, but, still, if anyone here is into making videos, go for it!)

Status

No offence but I think there are a whole lot more important issues to worry about than the epa coming after you for building a race car.
    1999 R/C Solar yellow

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    No offence but I think there are a whole lot more important issues to worry about than the epa coming after you for building a race car.
    It's just another turd on the proverbial Obama pile, but I guess I will give my cars back along with my guns. Maybe I won't make my life expectancy age *shrug*

"The journey is more fun than the destination"

Status

Look what Obama's done in 7 years....
    Can you imagine 8 more of a Sanders or Hillery. Damn I wish people would have read something prior to 2008, I mean wtf...It was all right there.
    11.27 @ 118.23

Status

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRT View Post
    It's just another turd on the proverbial Obama pile, but I guess I will give my cars back along with my guns. Maybe I won't make my life expectancy age *shrug*
    At least I'll be in good company...
    1999 R/C Solar yellow

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Adobedude View Post
    Look what Obama's done in 7 years....
    Can you imagine 8 more of a Sanders or Hillery. Damn I wish people would have read something prior to 2008, I mean wtf...It was all right there.
    Donald for prez Nugent for vice!
    1999 R/C Solar yellow

The same argument could have been made about SOPA/PIPA. But it was fought, and we're all better off for it.

They need to be ousted in November, but, if this passes in July as suggested, it'll be too late. So right NOW, stuff we can actually affect (maybe), stuff that has a very short term deadline? No, there isn't anything more important. Anything and everything else has a much later deadline, and/or will take an age to even get agreement on, so time-wise, this is the pressing issue.

BTW, speaking of November, I can't recall the details well enough to state them, but, you guys might want to start steeling those you know, I'd expect an economic crash (or worse), right around election time. Have seen too many indications that not only are we ripe for it, but that it's not happenstance in the least. Don't let people be swayed and strengthen the shackles by voting left.

Status

Maybe your underestimating the power of SEMA.
    1999 R/C Solar yellow

Status

And Obama uses how much fossil fuel gas on his numerous vacations to Hawaii?

EPA should go after him..Oh wait.
    11.27 @ 118.23

Status

What he spends on vacations is criminal
    1999 R/C Solar yellow

v14 Mopar Mullet

Status

I think your opinion is a variation of the "don't sweat the small stuff" philosophy, but if it's not that's where I'm heading anyway . I personally believe we should sweat the small stuff because individuals can often fix the small stuff. You'll often find that a big issue started out as one or more small stuff issue, but now that it's a big issue an individual really can't do anything to fix it.

Status

Maybe your underestimating the power of SEMA.
    Maybe you're underestimating the power of the Obama EPA.
    11.27 @ 118.23

This one is better, but it's only a snippet of the total -

Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-mF3CQ6ZD8 (particular segment starts at 4:23

That's still only 2 so far.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast