+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Electric Fan Control

Status

Default Electric Fan Control

Just picked up a lincoln MK VIII 3 wire fan. I've never done a mod like this before so I was just curious what would be the best way to go about controlling it. I was gonna pick up this http://www.summitracing.com/parts/prf-30116/overview/ so that the fan would kick on with the A/C. Any tips tricks or advice is greatly appreciated
    2003 Silver RC: 2.02/1.60 EQs by IMM engines, 218XR cam from hipotek, FRP tune, M1 2bbl, spintech headers w true duals, 1.6 adj rockers, 52mm TB, 2800 stall, lots of other shit.
    2000 White CC: DEAD!!! Zeus M1, Hipotek 53mm TB, Spintech Mids, x-pipe, true duals with Hooker Aerochambers; Mopar Performance ECU; CAI; Belltech Lowering kit.
    2002 Black RC: Long gone
    2005 Black Srt-4: AGP Delta 46 turbo. Sold it and it only took the guy 5 days to total it

2015 HD Dyna Street Bob: V&H Shortshots, FP3, SE Stg 1 Air Cleaner, Progressive lowering shocks.
    2008 HD Nightster: Sadly traded in

Status

This is what I installed, works great! I'm not good at figuring out relays and all that stuff. It comes ready to wire up, easy instructions. I have hi-speed wired to a toggle switch. Having a manual switch works well at the track for cooling down between passes.

http://hollisterroad.com/item/98651-...?category=5098
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

Status

So the low speed come on at 185?
    2003 Silver RC: 2.02/1.60 EQs by IMM engines, 218XR cam from hipotek, FRP tune, M1 2bbl, spintech headers w true duals, 1.6 adj rockers, 52mm TB, 2800 stall, lots of other shit.
    2000 White CC: DEAD!!! Zeus M1, Hipotek 53mm TB, Spintech Mids, x-pipe, true duals with Hooker Aerochambers; Mopar Performance ECU; CAI; Belltech Lowering kit.
    2005 Black Srt-4: AGP Delta 46 turbo. Sold it and it only took the guy 5 days to total it

2015 HD Dyna Street Bob: V&H Shortshots, FP3, SE Stg 1 Air Cleaner, Progressive lowering shocks.

Black Pearl

Status

Quote Originally Posted by moparmadman View Post
    I was gonna pick up this http://www.summitracing.com/parts/prf-30116/overview/ so that the fan would kick on with the A/C.
    I used that kit on my 99 sport to power 2 spal fans. Worked well. A/C trigger worked fine too.
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

Home School Valedictorian

Status

Just picked up a lincoln MK VIII 3 wire fan. I've never done a mod like this before so I was just curious what would be the best way to go about controlling it. I was gonna pick up this http://www.summitracing.com/parts/prf-30116/overview/ so that the fan would kick on with the A/C. Any tips tricks or advice is greatly appreciated
    If you are looking to spend that much, I would look into the Dakota Digital, you can set the on-off temps where you want.

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Status

So the low speed come on at 185?
    Yes, it does. Did you decide on anything yet?
    99 DA CC R/T
    12.96 @103
    R/T ported heads

Status

I ended up getting the hollister road one w 185 switch and AC add on. I'm gonna hook up a toggle switch for high speed.

Lurker

Status

I ended up getting the hollister road one w 185 switch and AC add on. I'm gonna hook up a toggle switch for high speed.
    Less time typing about it and it might be on the road already

Josh - 98 BLK RC - Mad Milkshake Maker
    Previous
    99 BLK RC - Mad Trash Hauler - sold
    99 DA RC - mad dak - Danno Stole it
    01 SLVR RC - mad sexy - retired - then died
    99 IB RC - mad RT - gone to heaven..

Former Certified member of the 11 Second NA RT Club

Status

Kewl! It seems to be a quality unit. Nice gauge wire w/a good jacket! Good price.
    99 DA CC R/T
    12.96 @103
    R/T ported heads

OG DRTC

Status

Just make sure the amp ratings for the controller are at least 10-15% higher than what your fan draws. Same for the relay you use with toggle switch for high speed. Don't just use the switch by itself. Use switch to trigger a relay.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hskr View Post
    Just make sure the amp ratings for the controller are at least 10-15% higher than what your fan draws. Same for the relay you use with toggle switch for high speed. Don't just use the switch by itself. Use switch to trigger a relay.
    The kit already has a relay for the toggle switch. They make them specifically for these fans.

+ Reply to Thread